Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fox or thd next season?

2»

Comments

• Options
    THD all day long
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

THD, Fox to CB because he hasn't got the pace or ability to create much going forward which is a must for the modern fullback.

I believe he played as a CB when he was younger.

It feels like THD is rated on the back of one of two senior games. He looks a decent prospect, but you'd think he was the second coming by the way some people talk of him.

Fox is a very good 1-v-1 defender. He's grown into his role and the notion that he's no better than League One seems odd to me given that he's had some cracking matches in recent weeks.
  • Options
    Fox
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

neither

Kenny Sansom, Sammy Nelson, Stuart Pierce, Alan Kennedy. What do you reckon?
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Fox has done what he did last season, which is start turning in solid, effective performances towards the end of the season. The same thing has happened both this time and the time before; Fox has been the beneficiary of a settled, decent defence and on most occasions had a decent left midfielder who can help him out ahead of him. Last season we brought in Johnson who provided some stability, and then started putting Gomez in more alongside Ben Haim. This helped Fox as he had some sensible players alongside him and no more Bikey messing up and shrieking at everyone else to deflect. Fox also had Bulot ahead of him who knew when to track back and support. This season, even though our results haven't improved dramatically, defensively we've been less terrible, and we've had a consistent centre half pairing of Teixeira and Fanni. Yun has also provided Fox with decent cover when he's played ahead of him.

Fox has such fragile confidence, and I think he suffers more than anyone else from an unbalanced and leaderless squad. He started the season so confident - could you imagine him trying the shot he did to score against QPR at any other point in this season? - and then fell apart when the injuries struck and the bullshit started up again. If, and this is an astronomic if, we can start the season for once with a settled team and some actual cover in every position I think Fox would be a great asset. He's got three seasons' Championship experience and he'll hardly be coming up against some of the wingers he's had to deal with this season. Just have to keep his chin up.

In the main, fails to attract the credit he deserves on here. Became the 'convenient' scapegoat when it suited, especially when others around him capitulated. Suffered dogs abuse at many an away match I attended, again, when others around him were far 'worse'.

Worked his rear off at Ipswich (for example) and in the main, all he got on here was grief because he put a couple of bad crosses in, despite defensively having Feeney in his 'pocket' all night!

Agree, he is a confidence player and funny old thing, when a confidence player gets blamed for everything from the postman being late to the missus burning the spuds, he/she will invariably under perform through fear of f*****g up, thus getting the blame again! Yep, that circle is a vicious sod.

In a nutshell, if he stays at Charlton (and I say that because he is a Championship level player), he should remain first choice as left back.

Here endeth the rant and remember, it's your attitude, not your aptitude, that determines your altitude!!