Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upbeats 9 or 10

According to the O.S.

On the Wall Olly says they scored 10 but on the latest news it says 9

It was at the Valley so surely they can count to 10???

Comments

• 10-1 was the score read out over the tannoy.
  • I thought it was 8
  • Although Charlton score 10 goals, it says 9 in the title
  • edited April 2016
    10 glorious goals to 1 glorious goal. Derby goal scorer gives it the Sturridge. Brilliant.
  • Some rather half-hearted attempted saves by the Derby goalie. #stillbetterthanThuram
  • There was some confusion as it went from 4-0 to 6-0 for the fifth goal according to the announcements. I thought it was then corrected but I may have lost concentration. Suffice to say, in the Championship game, we definitely didn't score and Derby got one. So, on aggregate, we won 10-2 or 9-2. Does it matter? The fact is that Derby were trounced on the day.
  • One of the 'goals' went the wrong side of the post. So although announced at the time as 10, the dubious goal panel has since confirmed it as nine.
  • Thanks Olly
  • Sponsored links:

• One of the 'goals' went the wrong side of the post. So although announced at the time as 10, the dubious goal panel has since confirmed it as nine.

What did the ref say? I still remember getting a goal that clearly went against the side netting. Can't remember if the unlucky oops were Oldham or Wrexham.
  • Some rather half-hearted attempted saves by the Derby goalie. #stillbetterthanThuram

He had a cracking shot at the mascot though - I'm glad that I'm not alone in my dislike of that freakish giant robin! I went from feeling a bit sorry for the lad to thinking he's a little legend when he did that.

Looks like a great time was had by everyone involved, very touching to see and underlines why we're the No 1 Community Club. At a time when things aren't so great at Charlton I think we can all be proud of those who work to facilitate these events, spreading a few smiles in the process.
  • I love watching these Upbeats games.
    The unbridled joy they show is awe inspiring. The rest of us could learn a bit about enjoying the good things in life from these guys - this was epitomised by the Derby goalscorer's celebration, despite being a consolation in a thrashing. Absolute quality.
  • edited April 2016

One of the 'goals' went the wrong side of the post. So although announced at the time as 10, the dubious goal panel has since confirmed it as nine.

Booooooooo ;)
  • I got pics of the Derby goalscorer's celebration - what moves!