Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

SouthLondon Press / News Shopper

Just seen two articles being linked on twitter... Hadn't seen them anywhere else on here

Charlton fans can win back club, insists former England striker Darren Bent
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14433481.Former_England_striker__Charlton_Athletic_fans_can_win_back_club/

Jorge Teixeira answers question over his Charlton Athletic future
http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=117283&headline=Jorge Teixeira answers question over his Charlton Athletic future&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Comments

• Nice comments from Darren there, always looks out for our results too. Top man.
  • Just seen two articles being linked on twitter... Hadn't seen them anywhere else on here

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14433481.Former_England_striker__Charlton_Athletic_fans_can_win_back_club/

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=117283&headline=Jorge Teixeira answers question over his Charlton Athletic future&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

So he hasn't really answered questions about his future at all!
  • edited April 2016
    Nice to see Charlton Live's exclusive interview with Darren Bent has been made a little less exclusive then without permission.
  • Just seen two articles being linked on twitter... Hadn't seen them anywhere else on here

So he hasn't really answered questions about his future at all!
    Yeah I uploaded that article without reading it.

The Question has certainly been answered like a politician would!!
  • 'Bye, Tex.
  • LouisMend said:

Nice to see Charlton Live's exclusive interview with Darren Bent has been made a little less exclusive then without permission.

Errrr News Shopper has credited Charlton Live in the article so there's no need to ask for permission when it's in the public domain. It's surprising that you think a paper that covers Charlton wouldn't do a story on a former player talking about the current situation.
  • LouisMend said:

I'll take this to DMs Jake but I agreed Rich at the SLP could use it and an embargo until 11am as well so people would listen to the podcast. It would have been courtesy to at least ask me first.

Do you want me to remove the link for a short while?
  • Don't worry about it mate it's been done now.
  • LouisMend said:

Don't worry about it mate it's been done now.

Apologies I'll make sure I avoid this in the future... Didnt realise myself
  • Sponsored links:

• LouisMend said:

Don't worry about it mate it's been done now.

Apologies I'll make sure I avoid this in the future... Didnt realise myself
    You've done nothing wrong!
  • LouisMend said:

I'll take this to DMs Jake but I agreed Rich at the SLP could use it and an embargo until 11am as well so people would listen to the podcast. It would have been courtesy to at least ask me first.

Do you want me to remove the link for a short while?
    Belmarsh for you. Just don't pick the soap up.
  • LouisMend said:

I agree it ought to be attributed to Charlton Live, but you can't really claim control over the quotes once you've released it in the show last night?
  • Top man Darren
  • LouisMend said:

I agree it ought to be attributed to Charlton Live, but you can't really claim control over the quotes once you've released it in the show last night?
    A fair point, and it was attributed to CL, but I agreed a time with SLP so as that we'd get our podcast listeners. I would have agreed the same time with NS if I'd been asked - I know they have the right to do what they did but it's more about a bit of courtesy imo

We'll put it down to experience
  • LouisMend said:

LouisMend said:

A fair point, and it was attributed to CL, but I agreed a time with SLP so as that we'd get our podcast listeners. I would have agreed the same time with NS if I'd been asked - I know they have the right to do what they did but it's more about a bit of courtesy imo

We'll put it down to experience
    I meant that the Shopper one isn't attributed, just to be clear.
  • LouisMend said:

It's a courtesy to attribute. Sadly, most nationals don't, with the Daily Mail the stand-out worst. A few so-called 'leading' sports writers have reputations for using quotes/stories run on web sites and then passing them off as their own. They are usually the same 'journalists' who lead the verbal attacks on the web and try to get non-print writers barred from pressers etc.
  • edited April 2016
    I guess at the same time you could ask whats the point of Louis etc. giving up their time on a Sunday evening to produce the show if people aren't going to bother listening and are just going to get the quotes from any interviews the next morning.

Might as well cut out the middle man, do the interview with Bent, do the quotes themselves and spend the Sunday evening getting pissed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has DB been injured? Incredible he's played so little considering he's only 32. Happily have him back at our place although imagine he's still on big money.
  • edited April 2016
    mogodon said:

LouisMend said:

It's a courtesy to attribute. Sadly, most nationals don't, with the Daily Mail the stand-out worst. A few so-called 'leading' sports writers have reputations for using quotes/stories run on web sites and then passing them off as their own. They are usually the same 'journalists' who lead the verbal attacks on the web and try to get non-print writers barred from pressers etc.
    I think with the local media you would expect and usually get more collaboration and courtesy, certainly in my experience. That said, a print interview is a different animal to audio and I suspect it will drive as many people to listen as it will deter, if attributed. I had no problem with the SLP using the VOTV story about Elliott online within about an hour of the latter going on sale, since it was fully attributed, even though it's a similar medium.
  • Just to be clear, News Shopper DID credit Charlton Live in the article.
  • Fair enough - I missed it.
  • Just for the record I've apologised to LS at the NS for airing this is public - that was poor from me.

Got no issues with NS - just a minor quibble about this which we'll deal with behind closed doors.
  • LouisMend said:

Just for the record I've apologised to LS at the NS for airing this is public - that was poor from me.

just a minor quibble about this which we'll deal with behind closed doors.

violence is never the answer...

• LouisMend said:

Just for the record I've apologised to LS at the NS for airing this is public - that was poor from me.

just a minor quibble about this which we'll deal with behind closed doors.

violence is never the answer...

Yes it is... Go for the knee caps!!
  • edited April 2016
    jamescafc said:

Has DB been injured? Incredible he's played so little considering he's only 32. Happily have him back at our place although imagine he's still on big money.

Think he's only scored one goal this season.

Looked over-weight to me (and I don't think it was just the extra tee-shirt he was wearing).

And yes, like most of Derby's squad, he'd be on massive money I'd say.
  • Simonsen said:

jamescafc said:

Has DB been injured? Incredible he's played so little considering he's only 32. Happily have him back at our place although imagine he's still on big money.

Think he's only scored one goal this season.

Looked over-weight to me (and I don't think it was just the extra tee-shirt he was wearing).

And yes, like most of Derby's squad, he'd be on massive money I'd say.
    Shame as he was like Kermorgant when we played at Derby last season... Didnt he assist for nearly all the goals?