Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Felicity Waller, Head of Commercial, lastest senior staff member to leave

According to a tweet from Airman Brown

Rick Everitt ‏@airmanbrown 20m20 minutes ago
#Cafc head of commercial resigns after being contacted by agency recruiting for a commercial manager for #Cafc

Comments

• Options
    Classy as ever.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Is Head of Commercial similar in role to Commercial Manager then? Wouldn't that be constructive dismissal - actively recruiting the replacement for someone who is already there?

Gotta say though, that recruiting agent is a bit of an idiot..

Smells like constructive dismissal to me.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Agency's fault unless the club gave his / her name as part of a headhunt list - which they didn't.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Agency's fault unless the club gave his / her name as part of a headhunt list - which they didn't.

Why the his/her? We know she is female.

• Options
    Could be that they were always going to hire a manager above her and she is unhappy with that and the fact that the agency would consider her an ideal candidate for the role has broken the camels back.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I had heard that she resigned at the same time as Mel Baroni ie after the infamous Roland Rant and assumed it was for the same reason.

As she had been in post longer she had to work he notice until the end of the season.

Clearly the agency have, if Airman's story is correct,, messed up badly but why are CAFC recruiting for a commercial manager without involving or even telling the current Head of Commercial?

Maybe that she did resign over the Roland Rant and Charlton employed a useless agency to fill the post. I'm sure the whole story will be in VOTV sooner or later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry, being a bit thick I know, but is what's being said that she has quit after agents working for the club tapped her up for her own job?
  • Options
    More or less, it seems at this point.
  • Options
    Agree it's a BAD mistake by the recruiting agency, but what is the head of commercial doing that's so bad? Surely if those in leadership positions at the club are unhappy with commercial relationships they need to be looking a lot closer to home.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Agree it's a BAD mistake by the recruiting agency, but what is the head of commercial doing that's so bad? Surely if those in leadership positions at the club are unhappy with commercial relationships they need to be looking a lot closer to home.

It's never their fault
  • Options
    If she had resigned then it's a complete non story.

I once had to train my replacement after resigning.

Basically woman looking for a new job mistakenly asked by recruitment company if she was interested in the one she had resigned from.
  • Options
    I read it that she resigned after being approached about filling the job she already held
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Even if that's the case, it's not a complete non story. Her resignation, regardless of the circumstances, speaks volumes about the management of the club.

Exactly, she only started in September
  • Options
    Absolutely. Thank goodness they have the goodwill of the fans, or this would be yet another gift from the management team that never stops giving.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was this the one who was sitting in the corner of the fans forum video? She'll be missed..
  • Options

I read it that she resigned after being approached about filling the job she already held

That is clearly how it has been written however, Henry Irving believes she MAY have resigned after RD did his rant on the website which would mean she is working her notice and knows that she is being replaced.
  • Options
    They're a good laugh this bunch eh
  • Options
    Only knew her from the last FF video but she came across as pretty decent. Oh well, one great big rebuilding job will need to happen at some point - let's hope sooner rather than later...
  • Options
    Seems like the ideal job for Guy Luzon, am sure he's desperate to get back in the network and work for Mr. Roland Sir again - they would save on the cost of a desk as well as he could just crouch in his office.

I bet the agent that phoned Ms. Weller was Dudu Duhan - it all adds up.
  • Options
    isn't there a legal case to answer? If she resigned after being approached for her own job, surely that's not legal?
  • Options
    Typist