Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Let me get this right.....50% increase in my kids season ticket price in four days time....

Notwithstanding the politics of the club at the moment - the CAFC website makes it very clear what's happening after the weekend:

'Fans should be aware that ALL season tickets not renewed by Saturday’s deadline will be released and placed on general sale, with prices increasing by £25.'

So if your under 11 (and in the same week we could genuinely be relegated), the club want to raise you season ticket by 50% and under 18's by 25%!

And if your in the family stand it's a 100% increase!!!

Who within the club has actually thought through their pricing policy.......

Comments

• roland
  • Hasby123 said:

Notwithstanding the politics of the club at the moment - the CAFC website makes it very clear what's happening after the weekend:

'Fans should be aware that ALL season tickets not renewed by Saturday’s deadline will be released and placed on general sale, with prices increasing by £25.'

So if your under 11 (and in the same week we could genuinely be relegated), the club want to raise you season ticket by 50% and under 18's by 25%!

And if your in the family stand it's a 100% increase!!!

Who within the club has actually thought through their pricing policy.......

I read that but I wouldn't put a lot of weight on it. Panic measure if true, but I doubt if they have even thought it through. Not what they original version said.
  • just a guess but probably they don't do relegation.
  • edited April 2016
    If as posted, it's worse than that - some U11 tickets are free aren't they? Are they going up by infinity and beyond?
  • I'd bet the junior tickets will remain the same price, only adult will increase I suspect.

As I said elsewhere, i'm really not sure what people expected, we aren't dealing with normal people who listen to the customers!

I can imagine the 'we'll we show those protesters' conversations going on the last few weeks,
  • So they charge us more for failure? Brilliant.
  • Someone who joint when the regime first started, rarely visits or posts put this up

If genuine then fair dos you are right, but this could be another attempt by theclub to 'worry' those who have not renewed.
  • cafcfan said:

If as posted, it's worse than that - some U11 tickets are free aren't they? Are they going up by infinity and beyond?

Ask BuzzLightyear :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• RD/KM do not care, in fact my suspicion is that they would rather 6,000 didn't renew as by doing so it is unlikely they will see as much in game protesting.

If people subsequently renew or pay on the day then they won't lose much financially. Even if they don't does 'huh' really care? Yes it will have effect on the playing budget but since when has buying and fielding cheap dross ever bothered him?

And here's an interesting point, the Brighton game, all west stand hospitality is sold out. How much of that is people who have paid up for the season compared to just for the game I'm not sure but I was shocked to learn that fact.......

I'd be interested to learn cards plans for next year if attendances are considerably down?
  • thats the difficulty with the in stadium protests, this season majority have already paid for the season ticket, so makes no odds if you attend or not, next season we cant be roland out whilst supporting him financially, i havent had a season ticket for a few years as prefer away games and have to work some saturdays, so just pay on the day as and when i can get there, think ive attended 3 home games this season and one of them was using a freinds season ticket, all depends on what happens over the summer as to what games ill attend next year, if nothing then cant see me stepping foot inside the valley next season at all, if he (roland) threw a load of money at us and appointed a decent manager? and admitted he had fucked up and was commited to us, would that make people change there mind on not wanting him out?, for me if the team are as competitive as possible and we give 100% on and off the pitch, i dont care who owns us.
  • if he (roland) threw a load of money at us and appointed a decent manager? and admitted he had fucked up and was commited to us, would that make people change there mind on not wanting him out?, for me if the team are as competitive as possible and we give 100% on and off the pitch, i dont care who owns us.

• cafcfan said:

if he (roland) threw a load of money at us and appointed a decent manager? and admitted he had fucked up and was commited to us, would that make people change there mind on not wanting him out?, for me if the team are as competitive as possible and we give 100% on and off the pitch, i dont care who owns us.

as i said competitive on and off the pitch as in not selling all of our players in a cattle market type fashion and bringing in european players that arent up to this level and a manager also, obviously not going to happen but was just wondering if the damage is repairable, as he could have the last laugh when were playing football in the conference and the valley is a multi million pound development.
  • Do you think that if the take up on S.T is low they will extend to date.
  • should have the date
  • It would be interesting to see how many they have sold!
  • Rob7Lee said:

RD/KM do not care, in fact my suspicion is that they would rather 6,000 didn't renew as by doing so it is unlikely they will see as much in game protesting.

If people subsequently renew or pay on the day then they won't lose much financially. Even if they don't does 'huh' really care? Yes it will have effect on the playing budget but since when has buying and fielding cheap dross ever bothered him?

And here's an interesting point, the Brighton game, all west stand hospitality is sold out. How much of that is people who have paid up for the season compared to just for the game I'm not sure but I was shocked to learn that fact.......

I'd be interested to learn cards plans for next year if attendances are considerably down?

Brighton have sold out their allocation, home tickets will remain on restricted sale to stop their fans buying them.
    Presumably some away fans would use the west stand hospitality as an option (albeit a pricey one) to see a crucial game.
    I did the same thing myself when we played Bolton away in the cup 1/4 final.
  • edited April 2016
    Rob7Lee said:

RD/KM do not care, in fact my suspicion is that they would rather 6,000 didn't renew as by doing so it is unlikely they will see as much in game protesting.

They'll have sold what's available to Brighton fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• FYI I did email the fans email address a few days ago to clarify and am still waiting for a reply....
  • So nothing back from the club having asked them to confirm that my kids tickets all go up by 50% last week.

Can't buy them online at the moment...(even though website advertises them).

I'd love to be a fly on the wall today discussing what their next steps are...