Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kobes final game!

Did anyone watch? what a fantastic final performance! 60 points and 4 assists.

Comments

• i think makienok did.
  • Is he the fella who has the argument with Leo Messi on some Turkish Airlines flight before having Ice-Cream?
  • Someone will need to explain that to us who are not in the "know"
  • Didn't watch the game, I assume they just kept giving him the ball.

More important was Golden State setting a new record for games won and Curry throwing over 400 3pointers in a season.
  • edited April 2016
    I've boycotted Basketball ever since the make up of players stopped representing the population demographic of the United States.

It seems to have similar problems that black managers face when getting managerial jobs in Football in England.
  • Someone will need to explain that to us who are not in the "know"

Kobe Bean Bryant is an American retired professional basketball player. He played his entire career with the Los Angeles Lakers of the National Basketball Association.

retired yesterday.
  • Basketball is a sport for those that have the attention span of a goldfish. Having said that to play you've got to be mega fit, strong, tall and generally very athletic. Some of the players are incredible athletes.
  • Basketball is a sport for those that have the attention span of a goldfish. Having said that to play you've got to be mega fit, strong, tall and generally very athletic. Some of the players are incredible athletes.

on what basis? its a very intense tactical game - I would say football is a simplier game to watch ,

• Sponsored links:

• The only place on earth that has more point scoring than a basketball game is this forum. Hard to get worked up over a basket when each one means so little to the overall game.
  • I've boycotted Basketball ever since the make up of players stopped representing the population demographic of the United States.

It seems to have similar problems that black managers face when getting managerial jobs in Football in England.

Or - more realistically - it's the only sport played in inner cities in the US, which are largely black areas and therefore more likely to have a larger number of talented players?

Do you also boycott ice hockey because it is similarly unrepresentative of the population demographic of the United States?

Surely there should be some sort of reverse Rooney rule, if only to keep things fair. I'm all for equality.

With regards to Ice Hockey, no, I boycott any sport where grown men wears pads and make-up.
  • sam3110 said:

The only place on earth that has more point scoring than a basketball game is this forum. Hard to get worked up over a basket when each one means so little to the overall game.

I generally agree (having been to watch a top of the table professional basketball game) but I still enjoy watching cricket which outscores Basketball by a large margin. It may be because I do not have a clue what is going on in Basketball - I had to text an American friend to find out what happens if the game is drawn at normal time as I didn't know whether to stay in my seat or leave.

• edited April 2016

Having said that to play you've got to be tall .

Tell that to Muggsy Bogues, he'd make AFKA look like a 'typical' basketball player.
  • For a bit of context Kobe Bryant is sort of like the NBA's version of Ryan Giggs and he retired last night after 20 seasons ( only player in his position to play 20 seasons ) and he went out with 60 points, ( the most by a individual player this season ) in fairness the whole Lakers plan was '' give Kobe the ball'' and he ended up taking 50 shots on the night ( the highest by a single player since 83 )

• Do you also boycott the 100m sprint in the Olympics, Millwall Guy?
  • Leuth said:

Do you also boycott the 100m sprint in the Olympics, Millwall Guy?

A white guy running in the 100m just looks so wrong I've always thought.
  • Leuth said:

other than Alan Wells ((:>)
  • Leuth said:

Leuth said:

other than Alan Wells ((:>)
    I think there is a white Frenchman who is quite high in the 100m at the moment and whenever I watch I always have to do a double take as it looks as though he's got lost amongst the America / Caribbean runners
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

Can I just start by saying that it's an honour to be asked a question by my CL favourite.

To answer your question, yes, yes I do.

I also refuse to watch any competitive swimming. Purely for balance of course.
  • Leuth said:

Can I just start by saying that it's an honour to be asked a question by my CL favourite.

Oh c'mon... Surely you've got to think of Eric the Eel?
  • Leuth said:

Oh c'mon... Surely you've got to think of Eric the Eel?
    Eric is a modern day hero.
  • Sir, you have quite unmade any preconceptions I held for the denizens of Zampa Road
  • Leuth said:

Sir, you have quite unmade any preconceptions I held for the denizens of Zampa Road

I'm an island, @Leuth . Make no mistake, the rest are proper 'orrible and deserve all the preconceptions you care and dare to throw at them :smile:

As a season ticket holder at the London Lions British Basketball League Club, that plays at the Copper Box, that makes we a Goldfish then, cheers pal.

I haven't seen the game, but I'm guessing the Jazz took it easy as it was a meaningless end of season game. Kobe hasn't looked capable of scoring 60 points for the last three or four seasons.
  • I've boycotted Basketball ever since the make up of players stopped representing the population demographic of the United States.

I boycotted it after I watched it once many years ago and it bored me to tears!! Confined it to room 101 with NFL and F1!
  • edited April 2016
    'General Charlton'
  • A genuine legend in his sport and one of the highest earning sportsmen of all time.

That said i stopped watching since they stopped enforcing the travelling rule ( how many steps before dunking these days?)
  • edited April 2016

I've boycotted Basketball ever since the make up of players stopped representing the population demographic of the United States.

Or - more realistically - it's the only sport played in inner cities in the US, which are largely black areas and therefore more likely to have a larger number of talented players?

Do you also boycott ice hockey because it is similarly unrepresentative of the population demographic of the United States?

Surely there should be some sort of reverse Rooney rule, if only to keep things fair. I'm all for equality.

With regards to Ice Hockey, no, I boycott any sport where grown men wears pads and make-up.
    Look at the owners and General Managers and a disproportionate number of coaches in the NBA (though that is changing in recent years). The power is still with the whites, or "white power," as you may prefer...