Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Do you need coaching badges to be an assistant coach?

Just wondering whether JJ has got his coaching badges, if he has would it be plausible that he could end up Riga's no.2 next season?

We've seen he is a motivator and when on the pitch, though he may not be fast/fit enough anymore everyone around him rallies and push on.

He really could be the ideal choice as he knows our youth and first team well.

The only other option from in-house would be Jason Euell, but I couldn't say I have seen him have any positive effect on the first team for about 10-12 years.

Comments

• jj as much as he hasnt really "got it" is probably one of the most likeable players at our club, really hope he is kept on in some sort of role, but we all know roland is a tosser so will probably toss him to one side.

i think jj would do a great job, giggs is doing not a bad one now at united. so it does work, but you need an owner that will back success.
  • As a player you can just get on with the job but in a coaching role I don't think that's the case as much so I wouldn't be surprised if JJ didn't want the role here with RD in charge.
  • sralan said:

Think for CAFC you just need to collect 5 tokens from a Cornflake packet :-)

Preferably purchased in Belgium.
  • I think there is every chance that JJ will get a coaching role because it's an easy PR win for the regime. That's not to say he doesn't deserve it. If I have an issue with it at all it's because he will have no experience in that role. I would really prefer for us to appoint an experienced number two with JJ learning the ropes without the real pressure.

• JJ has been doing his badges - he got his UEFA 'B' coaching badge last summer - and runs his own academy so it definitely looks like coaching is something he wants to do, and do properly

http://www.jacksonacademy.co.uk/

• JJ has been doing his badges - he got his UEFA 'B' coaching badge last summer - and runs his own academy so it definitely looks like coaching is something he wants to do, and do properly

http://www.jacksonacademy.co.uk/

He doesnt do any coaching at his Academy though does he... Thats more of a Business he's setup.
  • I think there is every chance that JJ will get a coaching role because it's an easy PR win for the regime. That's not to say he doesn't deserve it. If I have an issue with it at all it's because he will have no experience in that role. I would really prefer for us to appoint an experienced number two with JJ learning the ropes without the real pressure.

Well that's sensible and as such is ridiculous.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I think there is every chance that JJ will get a coaching role because it's an easy PR win for the regime. That's not to say he doesn't deserve it. If I have an issue with it at all it's because he will have no experience in that role. I would really prefer for us to appoint an experienced number two with JJ learning the ropes without the real pressure.

I suspect you are right here but I'm going to stick my neck out and say that we will sign a British number two to Jose and replace our departures with predominantly British players.

I think the regime does realise that what they thought would work in The Championship definitely won't work in League One.

• Dazzler21 said:

I think there is every chance that JJ will get a coaching role because it's an easy PR win for the regime. That's not to say he doesn't deserve it. If I have an issue with it at all it's because he will have no experience in that role. I would really prefer for us to appoint an experienced number two with JJ learning the ropes without the real pressure.

I suspect you are right here but I'm going to stick my neck out and say that we will sign a British number two to Jose and replace our departures with predominantly British players.

I think the regime does realise that what they thought would work in The Championship definitely won't work in League One.

but there are so many players all over the network that would LOVE to put a Charlton top on for free! so why WASTE Rolands hard earned cash!
  • Sponsored links:

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

Dazzler21 said:

but there are so many players all over the network that would LOVE to put a Charlton top on for free! so why WASTE Rolands hard earned cash!
    Not sure about that, they'll still need pay and food.
  • If JJ has any sense he will get as far away from this bunch as possible.
  • Dazzler21 said:

There has always been a British coach as part of the 1st team coaching team, just never the top man

Dyer and Matthew with Riga
    Matthew with Peeters and Luzon
    Euell with Fraeye
    Euell/Clark with Riga
  • Dazzler21 said:

There has always been a British coach as part of the 1st team coaching team, just never the top man

Dyer and Matthew with Riga
    Matthew with Peeters and Luzon
    Euell with Fraeye
    Euell/Clark with Riga
    At present we don't have a number two so my point is that when we appoint one he will be British and not have three nipples.