Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Accrington Stanley...Who are they?

We will probably find out in August. 1st home game of the season when they sell out the jimmy seed and beat us 0-3

Comments

• Don't. I went there in November to tick off the ground, thinking that I'd be relying on the Cup to get there otherwise. Already being erm..ribbed over this.
  • Dave2l said:

We will probably find out in August. 1st home game of the season when they sell out the jimmy seed and beat us 0-3

Their average home turnout is around 1300. I seriously doubt they'll sellout the away end!

Probably spot on with the 3-0 though.
  • Dave2l said:

Their average home turnout is around 1300. I seriously doubt they'll sellout the away end!

Brilliant. A small club with just an 1300 average attendance is strangely admirable.

Will we even have that amount of season ticket sales?

On another thread I said renewing your ticket makes you die hard charlton, which is true, but it will be good to see the ground a sea of empty seats. Whether that actually means the club will be sold though...I just cant see it.

The "He doesn't do failure" quote is actually a scary one that probably means he wont sell up until he has roasted us and is 100% satisfied he has personally overall benefited from the purchase and sale of our club. That wont be true if he sells us now or up until he sees the fact that absolutely no one is turning up next year. It will just add to the lower budget excuse when revenue has plummeted.

Whoops Ive gone off my own topic.
  • As long as we don't get chased back to the station..
  • Don't. I went there in November to tick off the ground, thinking that I'd be relying on the Cup to get there otherwise. Already being erm..ribbed over this.

Went over the easter when Charlton played Man City 0-0 about 6years back on good Friday then easter Saturday Accrington v Peterbrough 2-4.....Good pint of mild in fans bar ,away fans no cover but whole of end behind goal.

Would be good to revisit with Charlton next season.
  • Exactly
  • Is anyone else sort've a bit excited about L1? I know it's shit, and I know it'll probably take years and years to get promoted from it and the atmosphere at the valley will be non existent.

But the prospect of a years worth of L1 away days makes me a little bit excited. Just don't ask me how I'm feeling about it this time next year...
  • edited April 2016

Is anyone else sort've a bit excited about L1? I know it's shit, and I know it'll probably take years and years to get promoted from it and the atmosphere at the valley will be non existent.

But the prospect of a years worth of L1 away days makes me a little bit excited. Just don't ask me how I'm feeling about it this time next year...

Depends who's in the side, if it's sub standard imported sh*t then the away days will be tortuous having the 'your not famous anymore' (with reference to our our Premiership days) being sung to us at some poxy little ground in the back of beyond.
  • RedChaser said:

Is anyone else sort've a bit excited about L1? I know it's shit, and I know it'll probably take years and years to get promoted from it and the atmosphere at the valley will be non existent.

Depends who's in the side, if it's sub standard imported sh*t then the away days will be tortuous having the 'your not famous anymore' (with reference to our our Premiership days) being sung to us at some poxy little ground in the back of beyond.
    Have to agree. Giving it a little thought, the group they give us to start the season with will determine a lot. But I could just about handle not going straight back up if we have a team that you feel a connection to. Give us some pritchards, corts, sullivans, greens etc. and I'll be alright.

Not that that's ever likely to happen but one can dream.
  • RedChaser said:

Have to agree. Giving it a little thought, the group they give us to start the season with will determine a lot. But I could just about handle not going straight back up if we have a team that you feel a connection to. Give us some pritchards, corts, sullivans, greens etc. and I'll be alright.

Not that that's ever likely to happen but one can dream.
    I was also planning to do a fair few aways early doors but if the players are not worthy of the shirt and we are wallowing in the lower reaches of the division by xmas they can count me out for the second half of the season because it will be same old, same old.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is anyone else sort've a bit excited about L1? I know it's shit, and I know it'll probably take years and years to get promoted from it and the atmosphere at the valley will be non existent.

I agree that the occasional away game might be fun. But anyone looking forward to a cold Tuesday night at The Valley against someone like Stanley,featuring about 100 away fans, is a glutton for punishment IMO.
  • Dave2l said:

Dave2l said:

Brilliant. A small club with just an 1300 average attendance is strangely admirable.

Will we even have that amount of season ticket sales?

On another thread I said renewing your ticket makes you die hard charlton, which is true, but it will be good to see the ground a sea of empty seats.
    Renewing season tickets isn't a die hard move... it's a fund Roly move.

Die hard would be boycotting even though it's killing the love of charlton inside. It's tough love.

It sounds like it'd be all games behind closed doors if everyone does boycott lol.

• I've heard that if you don't drink lots of milk as a kid, you'll only be good enough to play for Accrington...
  • Just looked up where Accrington actually is! Bang between Blackburn and Burnley as it happens.
  • you wont catch me down the valley next year but looking forward to some decent away days
  • you wont catch me down the valley next year but looking forward to some decent away days

Why are we chasing you in the first place?
  • Who are they?...

Little Scouse boy with milk in his mouth and swirling either the milk or spit in his throat around saying "Exactly!"
  • AFC Wimbledon.... Good potential away day. Loosely sitting in a play off spot.

Why are we chasing you in the first place?
    Horses for courses, leave this to me :wink: .