Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

No emergency loan window next season

I see in the "Bolton thread", that there's no emergency loans next season.

Does RD know this ?

His "football strategy" so far has been to start the season with a threadbare squad.

Wait until January when you're desperate, but have saved money not paying salaries for a competitive squad.

Trawl around for any players still available with 2 legs. Even though they are unfit.

Presumably, he'll just plan for relegation by February next season.

Comments

• Interesting you picked up on it as well.
    Essentially every thing we've heard on how RD & co plan for a season is based on January. When talking of potential promotion to the PL I remember them saying something like "We'll see how the first bit of the season goes and if we're doing well we'll go for it in January". As we've seen this has also applied to us not doing well and having to get out of the relegation zone.

I imagine we'll be doing the same thing but not relying on emergency loans means that we'll have to do all of our business in the same month. It's going to be a whole different game to when we were in L1 last time and it's going to be a whole lot worse.
  • edited April 2016
    We can probably re sign Vaz Te - no doubt he'll be unattached.
  • The other side of the coin is that clubs have to loan out their players in the transfer windows.

So the richer clubs wanting to give their players game time will have to do deals in August and Jan and for the longer periods ie no one month deals.

But with no chief scout we won't be able to take advantage of that.
  • That's ok our player recruitment is pretty tight...
  • To be honest every signing we make is an emergency. We're a club that only recognises we need more than one right back for the whole season in February. We should be sanctioned by the Football League on principle
  • To be honest every signing we make is an emergency. We're a club that only recognises we need more than one right back for the whole season in February. We should be sanctioned by the Football League on principle

If only the Football League had any principles!
  • Are we as an FL club going to be in a position that we have to name a squad of 25 players like in the Prem to select from?
  • We don't currently have any players on emergency loans, do we? Did we have any last year? (can't remember).
  • That's ok our player recruitment is pretty tight...

I think you will find that it's Roland who is pretty tight!
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

We don't currently have any players on emergency loans, do we? Did we have any last year? (can't remember).

Any loan outside the summer and January windows is an emergency loan. Fanni, Sanogo and Yun would all come under this category, as would the likes of Coquelin last year
  • SDAddick said:

We don't currently have any players on emergency loans, do we? Did we have any last year? (can't remember).

Any loan outside the summer and January windows is an emergency loan. Fanni, Sanogo and Yun would all come under this category, as would the likes of Coquelin last year
    Right. Fanni and Sanogo were signed on the last day of the Jan Transfer window, but you're spot on about Yun. I can't believe I forgot Coquelin, sheer class that young man.
  • SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Right. Fanni and Sanogo were signed on the last day of the Jan Transfer window, but you're spot on about Yun. I can't believe I forgot Coquelin, sheer class that young man.
    Ah yes, we signed so many defenders around that time I forgot which ones were in the window (Fanny, Sanago), outside the window (Yun) or free agents (Motta)!
  • Right, and also the January transfer window ended on Feb 2nd this year. Don't know how you got confused.