Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

CHARLTON LIVE Podcast Now Out - Inc. Exclusive first playing of "More than just a toy" by The 2%

edited April 2016 in General Charlton
Listen here from 7pm --> http://www.charltonlive.co.uk/listen-live/

On tonight's show we'll have the exclusive first playing of a new protest song, written by Charlton fan John Barnes (not that one). The song will be available to purchase for 99p from Tuesday-ish, with all proceeds going to the protest fund.

We'll also discuss the 2-1 defeat at QPR, Katrien's ill-timed holiday to Dubai, and read out your tweets and emails on all the subjects we cover this evening.

Fun discussion topic for this evening - What would be a more inappropriate holiday than Katrien’s trip to Dubai this week? Send your answers to the below contact details.

Contact the studio -

Email: studio@charltonlive.co.uk
Tweet: @CharltonLive
Comment: In this thread

EDIT-

The podcast is now out, including the remastered version of "More than just a toy" by The Two Percent

Stream it on or download it as an MP3 from our website here - http://bit.ly/23nbyAC

Or you can subscribe to us in iTunes here - http://bit.ly/1JtESM1

We're available in other podcast apps such as Acast too.

Comments

• Well worth a listen . . .
  • I can see that song selling a thousand times, and I haven't even heard it yet

Great idea
  • Caught a preview and think it's great!!
  • And watch out for the video - out very soon.

It's a cracker.
  • Ten minutes until show time.
  • LouisMend said:

Ten minutes until show time.

Any dancing girls? :wink:
  • Conflicts with the Archers ;0)
  • Great choice of music.
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016
    (For Katrien Meire on holiday bit of show. Read a suggestion on Twitter.)

Maybe Katrien Meire on holiday in Dubai is a cover for meeting new investors / potential new owners ?

(It's good to dream).
  • Sponsored links:

• The only thing I can of that might be more inappropriate than our fragrant and lovely CEO's "well-earned" rest is either the idea that the regime has only recently created a Supporters' (or is it Supporter's) Relations Team to cut and paste non answers, the club's post Scotland Yard statement or having a Target 20k campaign in this of all seasons.

I did everything to resist just saying everything the regime has said and done; or, even, any of my efforts to "impress" the ladies...
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016
  • Wouldn't mind seeing Katrien in a bikini to be fair..

But otherwise horrific decision to go holidaying.
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016
    Great show so far

Duchatelet is a tight git. Being that the contract money is paid. I can see him sticking with Riga. As long as Riga doesn't start publicly asking for more funds. If he does, he will go similar to Luzon and Peeters. Other than that reason if Duchatelet does pull the trigger, it will be that bloke from Upjest.

Great picking up of what happened with the strikers.

Morgan Fox has been victim of having poor left midfielder infront of him. He is a solid enough defender.
  • Am I the only one that has lost connection to this show??? Been slien for the last 10 mins
  • got it back
  • Click on the link again.
  • I'm gana be a minority here but I don't think much of that song
  • Dave2l said:

I'm gana be a minority here but I don't think much of that song

I thought it was ok but the mixing was terrible - I had to strain to hear the lyrics, which is the whole point of this sort of song.

Not knocking the guy who's done it at all, it's just a shame the final mix has the vocals so low.

Still. It will get my 99p for the effort alone!
  • Cheers Redchaser I had to in the end? Bit annoying as I was lying in bed listening to it under the covers
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:

Cheers Redchaser I had to in the end? Bit annoying as I was lying in bed listening to it under the covers

We lost yesterday so we are virtually down and you can come out now mate :wink: .
  • Cheers guys in the Studio for reading that out !! :-)
    ps. I really Hope it is a cover for her selling the club to Peter Varney's backers
  • IIRC the Northamptonshire County Cricket ground was only 3 sided like Bramall Lane used to be.
  • Thanks for the survey retweet - assuming it got a mention and will find out when I listen later on catch-up ;-)
  • is there a link to the track?
  • Thanks for all your tweets, comments and emails, we hope you enjoyed the show. Podcast will be available overnight.
  • Where is Sue?! :(
  • Nathans still tweeting then.