Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We'll still be a big scalp

There will still be a whole load of clubs in League 1 next season (assuming we are there) will see a win against us as a huge scalp. They will come to our place and raise their game for sure. Probably not so much Bolton or Sheffield United. But the likes of Northampton and Fleetwood. They will still look at the fixtures when they come out and to see when they are away to the likes of us and Bolton and look to see when their home games are against us to. We may not challenge at the top but these sides coming to big grounds like ours (maybe quite empty) is always something they look forward to.

Comments

• I agree. It will work against us more than it helps.
  • But we'll get to be on the tele the statutory three times, plus one FA and one JPT tie. My cup runneth over... :neutral:
  • is this meant to make us all feel better? :smile:
  • True. Foxy and Lennon will be bricking it
  • Are Blackpool still seen as a big scalp?
  • Blackpool maybe in League 2 next season.
  • edited April 2016
    Well be more like a Bobby Charltonish comb over hoping to cover a nearly bald underresourced Belgian scalp.
  • We will be an even bigger scalp in league 2
  • We will be an even bigger scalp in league 2

If we end up there for sure.
  • Sponsored links:

• I well remember our last first season in League 1, sadly not that long ago. We were a big scalp then and will be this time, but maybe slightly less so. Visiting The Valley is a real treat to supporters of lower league clubs (like millwall, for example). ;-)
  • Saga Lout said:

I well remember our last first season in League 1, sadly not that long ago. We were a big scalp then and will be this time, but maybe slightly less so. Visiting The Valley is a real treat to supporters of lower league clubs (like millwall, for example). ;-)

Particularly when empty

• The Manchester United of League One

• Did Guy ever get his own chant? I'm struggling to disassociate him with Fraeye.

Luzon don't need no education
    Luzon don't need no ball control
    No team dynamic on the field,
    Just manic touch line team control
    Hey! Luzon! do a proper job
    All in all you're just another shit in the wall.

And for Fraeye:

We don't need no football knowledge
    We don't need no prior jobs
    No idea of any players ability
    Fraeye leave them kids alone
    Hey! Fraeye! leave the kids alone!
    All in all your just another just a another shit in the wall.

• After a year or two, we will stop being a big scalp. Then, we can show those clubs in the Ryman Premier a thing or two.
  • wmcf123 said:

Saga Lout said:

I well remember our last first season in League 1, sadly not that long ago. We were a big scalp then and will be this time, but maybe slightly less so. Visiting The Valley is a real treat to supporters of lower league clubs (like millwall, for example). ;-)

Particularly when empty
    Absolutely. As long as our current owners remain in charge you can bet on an empty Valley!
  • edited April 2016

We seem to think we are bigger than we actually are. We have been out of the Premier League a decade and have a standard Championship level side stadium. Our natural level, if one exists, is probably in the Championship so I doubt that many will care.

I agree. Most of the players in League One will know very little about our Premier League years and care even less. We were there for three years just three seasons ago. In truth with this lot running the club we are a third division outfit anyway.
  • After a year or two, we will stop being a big scalp. Then, we can show those clubs in the Ryman Premier a thing or two.

Bolton will be a big scalp for Accrington Stanley being a local derby. Maybe not as big but we will also be a big scalp for Accrington Stanley. Particularly in the first season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rochdale would be a big scalp for Accrington Stanley.
  • Rochdale would be a big scalp for Accrington Stanley.

They have met a few times though
  • JPT winners next season. Jamie Cureton with the winning goal, assisted by Pawel Abbott.#cafe #scalp #karelfraeyesredandwhitearmy
  • I feel sorry for those teams who see us as a "big scalp" but don't get to play us until December - their marvellous achievement will have been seriously devalued by every other bugger having already beaten us ...
  • edited April 2016
    Bradford / Barnsley / Sheffield United / Coventry City /
    Swindon Town / Oldham Athletic / Blackpool / Bolton Wanderers

All teams that look to be in League One that were once Premier League sides, with the amount of teams that are making the top flight these days, League One will eventually become the third graveyard of Premier League sides...

Regular League One sides (Millwall etc.) will just be used to playing the big boys these days
  • Looking forward to the thread "Would you rather stay up, or go to wembley for the JPT final?" when we get Crawley in the southern final next season.