Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Young player of the year

I received an email from Valley Gold informing members of the nominees they are as follows
Ademola Lookman
Harry Lennon
Tariq Holmes-Dennis

Voting is via the Valley Gold website & is open to members only.
Also received another email from them reminding members about the ' player of the year' presentation, emphasising that the function is organised by the fans forum & not the football club.

Comments

• Difficult one for me really... Lookman is the obvious choice but Harry Lennon has done really well over the course of the season

i.e. Going on loan to Gillingham and helping them to the automatic places with his recall sending them down into the Play-Offs, not to mention when he was recalled he was thrust into the First-Team and didnt disgrace himself.

Someone met THD on the train and he seemed to want out. Whereas Harry wants to stay.
  • Difficult one for me really... Lookman is the obvious choice but Harry Lennon has done really well over the course of the season

i.e. Going on loan to Gillingham and helping them to the automatic places with his recall sending them down into the Play-Offs, not to mention when he was recalled he was thrust into the First-Team and didnt disgrace himself.

Other than scoring an OG, getting a straight red for an off the ball elbow and playing in the defences that conceded 5 at huddersfield and 6 at hull?
  • cafc4life said:

Difficult one for me really... Lookman is the obvious choice but Harry Lennon has done really well over the course of the season

Other than scoring an OG, getting a straight red for an off the ball elbow and playing in the defences that conceded 5 at huddersfield and 6 at hull?
    Oh yes those 11 goals were all his fault werent they!!

Lets go for the classic Ballon D'Or style voting and only ever recognise Strikers!!
  • When the guy met THD on the train I do not think it was a quote that he wanted out more the impression given. THD played in the games where Lookman performed at the top of his game and THD knew where to find him when playing down the left. Much more to THD than Riga recognises.
  • When the guy met THD on the train I do not think it was a quote that he wanted out more the impression given. THD played in the games where Lookman performed at the top of his game and THD knew where to find him when playing down the left. Much more to THD than Riga recognises.

Let's not go on what one person who seemed to trade a few words with THD on the train thought. His question started with "what do you think of the regime," so yeah, THD may not have been forthright.

What are the requirements for Young Player? I'm guessing it's like "Breakthrough Player" (which is good), otherwise I'd say Callum or Jordan.

FA, I certainly take your point, Lennon has been solid, not brilliant, but solid. And I definitely don't want to fall into the trap of only giving awards to attackers, but even though I don't think he's quite the world beater that some on here think he is (when he doesn't play), I think you've got to give it to Lookman for me. The run in the team he's had of late makes it sound like he's maturing as a player and becoming more complete. His outing against Middlesbrough was similar, he was playing in a role he wasn't used to but controlled and held the ball up well. Still raw, but he'd get my vote.
  • Lookman for me, but I'm not a member so I can't vote.
  • voted for HD as thought he played well but was needlessly left out by Riga