Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vice Sports - Latest with a big Charlton feature

Comments

• Great article and good photos.
  • Very good piece.
  • "Charlton Athletic have been contacted for comment on fan protests but, at time of publication, are yet to respond."

Haha! What a surprise!
  • excellent
  • Very good article except the link half way through to read a story about Millwall.
  • edited April 2016
    Great article! A bit sad to hear Alan Davies has taken a break from QI though - glad to hear he's helping a worthy cause though!

I see addickted2charlton has put his very strangely written two pennyworth in at the bottom of the article!!

Fuck me, he manged to get in there quick didn't he?
  • "Charlton Athletic have been contacted for comment on fan protests but, at time of publication, are yet to respond."

Haha! What a surprise!

Happy to help............ ;)

"we know we have a big job to bring back fans to The Valley, but the staff here are trying hard to improve things at the club"
  • At least the headline wasn't " Revolting Charlton fans ".
  • Very good piece "abahrt wots goin on dahn our gaff"!!!

Nice to see that the journalist actually turned up at the ground BEFORE our very own CEO!!

@Airman Brown did you have your hair cut specially for that photo?? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't help, but think it's how a Belgian thinks someone from south London sounds
  • I can't help, but think it's how a Belgian thinks someone from south London sounds

No. This guy is well documented. As Belgian as Ricky Gervaise.
  • a2c at his very best . Probably a uni professor .Certainly not a dummy .
  • a2c at his very best . Probably a uni professor .Certainly not a dummy .

I always thought he/she was just a c**t personally
  • TelMc32 said:

Very good piece "abahrt wots goin on dahn our gaff"!!!

Nice to see that the journalist actually turned up at the ground BEFORE our very own CEO!!

@Airman Brown did you have your hair cut specially for that photo?? :wink:

Hair, you sure It wasn't a syrup! :wink: .
  • It's just as well that A2C types like an absoloute buffoon, because I wouldn't want people thinking that the reason for the protests was purely xenophobia and sexisim!
  • Mackle said:

It's just as well that A2C types like an absoloute buffoon, because I wouldn't want people thinking that the reason for the protests was purely xenophobia and sexisim!

I think you mean exenophobia
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    having read that, I realise I miss a2c's musings.

n thass all there is to it.
  • Great work by Rick Richard and Alan.
    Concise and clear.
    Would be nice to see this reach a wider audience, say some football magazines or a national paper.

PS why would anyone except a WUM type 'abarht' instead of 'about'.? It's unlikely a dyslexic author would put in the 'h'.
  • That A2C is a plank. Some of the stuff he harps on about should be standard at any well run, or supposedly well run football club. Going through some of his ridiculous statements, here are my thoughts on some "key" points.

The pitch renovation was nearly 2 years ago. To be frank, that's what any owner/chairman should sort out, especially given how bad it was. He makes them sound like messiahs for doing something that is a pre-requisite if the pitch is a shite heap & not been relaid for a large number of years.

Most clubs are improving their academies. He waffles on like we are the only ones.

Personally, I think some of our youngsters are being pushed through too soon, & that's because of god awful signings, from ill-qualified, so-called professionals.

If this was any other industry, none of these mangers, ceo's, etc would ever be hired, 'cause simply, they haven't had/got a clue.

The fans didn't force Curbs out.

The Valley Party didn't win the election, but they scuppered the party who were stopping us going back, & made people realise that there was a community that wanted to see the club back at The Valley.

I bet he thought Jon Fryer & Sunley were good for the club too!

Lastly, EXENOPHOBIA???? I can just about make out the guff he say's, due to trying to read it like some cockney Viz characature, or Danny Dyer, but even I can't work out where he gets Exenophobia from.