Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ipswich Town v Charlton Athletic Tuesday 5th April 2016 Match Thread

I thought i would get this up and running.
You have me updating from the Charlton coverage from Portman Road tonight.
redmidland is otherwise engaged, so all are welcome to contribute.
Apologies in advance for my typos and slowness.
Will be back later as i'm cooking right now, if anybody has team news please post it.

Comments

• Lookman starting!
  • CHARLTON | Pope, Solly (c), Fanni, Teixeira, Fox, Diarra, Cousins, Gudmundsson, Lookman, Harriott, Sanogo #cafc #CAFCLive
  • CHARLTON | Pope, Solly (c), Fanni, Teixeira, Fox, Diarra, Cousins, Gudmundsson, Lookman, Harriott, Sanogo #cafc #CAFCLive

Sorry I cant be with you tonight
  • Really attacking line up. Got nothing to lose I suppose so I like that from Riga.
  • seth plum said:

Will be back later as i'm cooking right now, if anybody has team news please post it.

What you having for dinner?
  • CHARLTON SUBS | Henderson, Motta, Suk-Young, Lennon, Jackson, Vetokele, Makienok #cafc #CAFCLive
  • CHARLTON SUBS | Henderson, Motta, Suk-Young, Lennon, Jackson, Vetokele, Makienok #cafc #CAFCLive
  • I'm happy to report from the Ipswich side as you are covering RM if you wish @seth plum ?
  • Nice to see Solly back - but bit harsh dropping Motta - but I guess with another game on Saturday might be best to change things around a bit.
  • Actually pretty pleased with the line up and the bench. Enough there to change things up if we need to. COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

What you having for dinner?
    Cheesy vegetable bake. Just done the prep, and it is in the oven.

• Seth, my Mrs said that sounds gourgous.....
    What time can I send her over
  • Strong team
  • Hmmm Motta dropped, wrong choice in my eyes, Solly is a decent right back but Motta has been getting better and better every game, and you don't change a settled defence.

Vetokele was fucked so that makes sense, but I wouldn't have awarded Sanogo with a start after his headless moment, I would rather have seen an extra midfielder in place of him, with Harriott wide left and Lookman up top to catch them on the break
  • edited April 2016
    Got the formation I've been after for a while. 2 strikers and 2 actual wingers.

However seeing it on paper makes me slightly worried about how slotted cover the defense will get. Let's Harriot Lookie and JBG will need to work hard off the ball. And Yaya need to pressure their CBs when on the ball.

It looks almost like more of a 423. With Alou sitting, Cousins going box to box. Harry Lookie and JoBerg behind Yaya.
  • Looks like it should be a good team and with some good, strong options from the bench as well. Hopefully, we can carry on the good work from Saturday. COYRs!
  • Sanogo straight back in.

Must have been mustard in training.
  • Yes, a strong looking team with good options from the bench. Not sure what the formation will be, Lookman can play from midfield or up front- as can Harriott.
  • Personally would have left the arm band with Cousins. Feeling cautiously optimistic.

Probably the only thing I don't agree in terms of the Squad tonight with but if Chris Solly was announced as Vice-Captain prior to the season starting then its understandable.

One thing I am impressed with (and have only just realised) is that Cousins has been Captain ahead of Alou Diarra
  • Sponsored links:

• PL54 said:

Sanogo straight back in.

He owes us one as well...........
  • PL54 said:

Sanogo straight back in.

He owes us one as well...........
    Owes us three games!!
  • edited April 2016

Yes, a strong looking team with good options from the bench. Not sure what the formation will be, Lookman can play from midfield or up front- as can Harriott.

If they are as massive as people say then Lookie would do well not to be the "point man"
  • Loads of pace. Like it. Hope diarra can handle playing two games in a few days.
  • only Igor on the bench to affect things positively. We will be ok if we need to defend though.
  • Anybody getting anything on CAFC player yet?
  • Let's hope we can at least keep all 11 players on the pitch tonight . Then we have a fighting chance .
  • OK sound coming through now.
  • Let's hope we can at least keep all 137 stress balls on the pitch tonight . Then we have a fighting chance .

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!