Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Will there be a statement from The FA/Football League

This week. The last 2 home games have now been stopped and unless they have both have their Millwall Blinkers on, I would be surprised if they do not place a statement warning Charlton of their future conduct.

Personally I hope they do and then we can go back to both bodies and ask them why is this happening. Investigate the owner, CEO and the President, and you may find the answers why.

Comments

• I doubt it, we're not getting games abandoned, like BFC, a 5min delay is hardly a big problem.
  • I doubt it, we're not getting games abandoned, like BFC, a 5min delay is hardly a big problem.

That may be the case but in the eyes of one person at the club in particular it is a very bad thing. In fact, it is such a bad thing that he wants all of us banned..!!
  • It's not as if (with a tiny exception) there have been pitch invasions or, unless you believe Squirrel Face, anyone has been put at any risk, so suspect the league will keep a watching brief. It's not actually in their interests to have one of their bigger clubs in such turmoil either ...
  • I think if there was violence involved or a match abandoned then they would. Though I'm sure they will tell the club to sort it out in case it does lead to that.
  • mogodon said:

It's not as if (with a tiny exception) there have been pitch invasions or, unless you believe Squirrel Face, anyone has been put at any risk, so suspect the league will keep a watching brief. It's not actually in their interests to have one of their bigger clubs in such turmoil either ...

What about Charlton?
  • The thing is, if they openly admit they are looking into our situation they will leave themselves open to further criticism over who they let buy ruin football clubs in this country.
  • Perhaps they should investigate why supporters/customers are protesting in the first place & then charge owners for bringing the game into disrepute !!
  • Surely, the statement should come from the Regional Crime Squad...
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

This week. The last 2 home games have now been stopped and unless they have both have their Millwall Blinkers on, I would be surprised if they do not place a statement warning Charlton of their future conduct.

Personally I hope they do and then we can go back to both bodies and ask them why is this happening. Investigate the owner, CEO and the President, and you may find the answers why.

What's @The_President done now ?
    ;-)
  • Sam lloyd said:

Perhaps they should investigate why supporters/customers are protesting in the first place & then charge owners for bringing the game into disrepute !!

I think you may be on to something there.
  • Sam lloyd said:

Perhaps they should investigate why supporters/customers are protesting in the first place & then charge owners for bringing the game into disrepute !!

Possible for Post of 2016 there,

unless I come up with sumin in the mean time....
  • Sam lloyd said:

Being on this thread will be like watching a tense 1970s medical drama then, as we watch the "hero" deal with the pressure, randomly shouting "swab" or scalpel", just to show that this operation is really important.

Or possibly more like Airplane....
  • cafc999 said:

I doubt it, we're not getting games abandoned, like BFC, a 5min delay is hardly a big problem.

That may be the case but in the eyes of one person at the club in particular it is a very bad thing. In fact, it is such a bad thing that he wants all of us banned..!!
    Don't know why he wants to ban everyone, plenty of space for Tony's family at the Valley these days

• edited April 2016

Sam lloyd said:

Being on this thread will be like watching a tense 1970s medical drama then, as we watch the "hero" deal with the pressure, randomly shouting "swab" or scalpel", just to show that this operation is really important.

Or possibly more like Airplane....
    Everyone queueing up to slap a hysterical katrien you mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc
  • In the category of picking your battles I suspect that some consideration may be given to the impressive organisation, collective support and ingenuity being displayed with the charlton protest, the highly impressive effort by PA with the Olympic stadium and the currently closed pandora's box that was the Valley Party...getting negatively involved in the local charlton dispute isn't necessarily going to be a good move for anyone or organisation...I think we probably fall into the having a quiet word category
  • The only statement worth reading will be Shay Given's
  • They only know we exist if WE make a complaint... then when we do we are being frivilous. Feck em and the horse they rode in on!!!
  • I'm sure the football league will get around to wielding its big stick at some point. The projectiles and interruptions will inevitably be in breach of some sub-section somewhere. Given its usual efficacy and efficiency my money is on some sanction being handed down a week or so after the ownership changes, that will get suspended while the new owners appeal and the FL will insist on upgolding the decision and impose it belatedly cos they have to be seen to be doing something/anything however crass.
    Best for all is if they get their fingers out (of whatever panamanian conceived, bahamas incorporated ruse) and impose the maximum financial penalty on Roly's sick pantomime right away. The more embarrassing costly shit flying his way the better, so long as it isn't points deduction, obv.