Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 2-1 Birmingham

many thanks to the 67 Lifers who gave their marks, the Squawka Site is not showing any stats for our match so I have got the individual passing and defence stats from whoscored.com:

Comments

• Interesting that in 2013-2014 after 39 games we had the same points as now, 35, and went on to get 51 points and finish 18th, so all is not lost yet
  • ross1 said:

Interesting that in 2013-2014 after 39 games we had the same points as now, 35, and went on to get 51 points and finish 18th, so all is not lost yet

We had 2 or 3 games in hand though.
  • ross1 said:

Interesting that in 2013-2014 after 39 games we had the same points as now, 35, and went on to get 51 points and finish 18th, so all is not lost yet

Still 35 points after 39 games and ended up with 51
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Still 35 points after 39 games and ended up with 51
    I get ya now. :)
  • It is doable - just bl**dy hard. I think it isn't so much the points but the squad strength we need to look at. I think we do have the strength in most areas, but we need Cousins and Diarra to stay fit in midfield. They are key players for us. Then we need to impose ourselves on the opposition. This is going to be around the positivity of the manager for me. I think the best teams to play are those with something to lose so in some ways I think we have more chance of gaining maximum points tomorrow than Saturday.
  • I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but would Jordan Cousins have got MOTM had he got a 7 / 8 rather than that 3.5?
  • I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but would Jordan Cousins have got MOTM had he got a 7 / 8 rather than that 3.5?

I thought someone might ask that, and the answer is if Cousins had got 8 instead of 3 his average would have been 8.15, still giving Diarra MoM

I thought someone might ask that, and the answer is if Cousins had got 8 instead of 3 his average would have been 8.15, still giving Diarra MoM

I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but would Jordan Cousins have got MOTM had he got a 7 / 8 rather than that 3.5?

What if I had got round to posting my marks and had given Jordan 8.5 and Diarra 7? Each to their own, but I was amazed at some of the post match comments on Saturday, raving about Diarra. I thought he was okay but that's about it. Without Jordan's energy in midfield we would have been in trouble. How anyone could have given him 3.5 is beyond me.
  • Both Jordan and Alou were excellent

I'm impressed with Tex's 92% pass accuracy, which shows his composure, but also highlights how he always had an outlet in front of him to pass out to
  • ross1 said:

Interesting, though this season the spread of points is narrower and 51 points would only just get you survival...

• Sponsored links:

• Cousins's pass accuracy was 84%. It seems I have some humble pie to ingest.
  • ross1 said:

On the face of it yes. But our final 7 games this season are much harder.
  • Cousins's pass accuracy was 84%. It seems I have some humble pie to ingest.

although Leicester show such stats are to be taken with a pinch of salt, I believe they have the worst pass success rate in the PL, whereas Swansea for example might have one of the higher. Knocking it about safely will boost your stats nicely but do nothing for scoring goals.
    PS These remarks have nothing to do with Cousins!
  • Sorry to spoil the slight optimism but I believe that after 39 games of the 13/14 season we had 41 points and not 35. Meaning that we only got 10 points from the last 7 as opposed to 15.