Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

If/when RD leaves will CARD stay United?

Just out of interest.

If RD leaves in the near future will the CARD dismantle...you know, job done thanks for the memories cya....Or will it stick around but just under a different name?

Comments

• I imagine CARD would disband.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Be a bit silly to remain the Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet if he's gone.

C.harlton S.upporters P.rotection A.gency

Doesn't have much of a ring to it! But then again I'm not the founder or apart of it.

Perhaps it could be an organisation where every major decision the club owner(s) makes needs to pass CSPA first, like congress.

In fact all clubs should have the equivalent put in place.
  • CARD,when roland has gone should become CASC and should have someone voted onto the board by supporters and the supporters club also have some stake in the Club
  • Charlton's United Protest Supporters (CUPS) or Charlton's United Supporters Protest (CUSP)
  • Sponsored links:

• When the regime changes we will have to work together with the new owners to get back the fans we have lost and the sponsors who no longer see us as attractive.

Valiants
    In
    Agreement
    Gain
    Returning
    Advertisers

or something like that :)
  • I hope that we will be in a position that CARD can disband as RD will bugger off.

Then, it seems important that ex-CARD members are involved with the club helping to broaden the support and further support a drive towards continued club success.

It would be a shame to see the clear talents and infrastructure built during these awful days left to whither on the vine or be ignored.

A protest group does have a different structure and can take more rapid and independent action than most owner aligned groups, and I would imagine not everyone's role could be the same as it is now and not would many want it to be.

That said a sensible evolution must be possible and, given the quality of the CARD ideas and the execution including @Nug graphics, and the contributions of @Airman Brown, @Davo55, @Curb_It and all the countless others, any new owner would be mental not to try and get this working for them.
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016
    CARD could reform as an active supporters group to help rebuild the support base.

(just looked up the thread and see that AFKA Bartram has said the same thing above).
  • CARD will be no more and I would like to hope that turning a negative into a positive, the level of ideas, will and energy can be flipped into helping rebuild the club and support

Simples.

• What happens if the new owner is Trump?
  • Addickted said:

What happens if the new owner is Trump?

I can ask him if it's a syrup or not.
  • I hope the Trust will find a stronger role with the club post Roland, and that the energies and talents behind CARD continue. We as supporters have definitely unearthed some gems, to add to those we already knew about.
  • I heard they are going to Newcastle next?
  • Sponsored links:

• Macronate said:

i imagine they will go on to form a band with their first release "We Got Roland Out" reaching number 2 in the download chart.

they will follow this up with a massive number 1 called "Squirrel Face No More" when they team up with the Swedish mix master DJ Igan to form "CARDIGAN".

they will then disband citing irreconcilable musical differences.

I think there could be reworking of "Time Flies By", and a dance track or two, based on the theme tune for Thomas the Tank Engine, as part of the inevitable reunion and final bust up in a further five years...
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

I heard they are going to Newcastle next?

Villa could do with them having seen their pathetic protests at the weekend
  • CARD will be no more and I would like to hope that turning a negative into a positive, the level of ideas, will and energy can be flipped into helping rebuild the club and support

If CARD is gone then that means RD got;

Duchatelet
    Exited
    Allowing
    London club to
    Thrive
  • Campaign Rebuild After Pinocchio
  • edited April 2016
    Coalition Against Rubbish Decisions
  • Dazzler21 said:

Coalition Against Randy Dazzler21

Fixed
  • Charlton Athletic Rejuvenation Disciples
  • There will still be more work to do......
    C.A.COLIN next.