Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Washing machine problem

Hi hope someone can help
just had new washing machine delivered.
have plumbed machine in when i turn feed on the washing machine fills up with water.
What have i done wrong thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Please don't got the wife looking at me thinking why didn't we pay for them to install
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Could be a couple of things. Is it fresh or dirty water. If dirty, could be the drain hose not going 'up and over'...if drain hose attached to u bend, you need the hose to go up and then down to the WM, or water from the drain hose runs back into machine. Also, is drain hose blocked. Read this also...
    http://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/washing-machine-fills-with-water-when-off/
  • Options
    In kitchen!!! That's so last year, everyone has a utility room now.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

I do apparently, but thats the other room in the house I have no idea where it is :(
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    clb74 said:

Please don't got the wife looking at me thinking why didn't we pay for them to install

Walk out of the house, head to the nearest pub and tell her to call you when she's sorted it out and dinner is on the table.

Failing that I can get my mate to have a look at it - highly recommended. Attached is picture of the completed works from his last call out.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

In kitchen!!! That's so last year, everyone has a Man cave now and no need to enter the house unless it's for a shower or a dump

• Options
    edited April 2016
    iaitch said:

Huh? Thank God my missus doesn't read this thread. I've managed to convince her that the big stones down by our local river bank are state of the art when it comes to washing clothes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't think it effects the draining of the water but have you removed the transit bolts.
  • Options
    Sounds silly, but you haven't accidentally lent on the start button have you?
  • Options
    Great work mate. Engineer an argument and storm off to the pub to watch the football.
  • Options

Great work mate. Engineer an argument and storm off to the pub to watch the football.

I wish wife dragged me off to curry's for 3/4 of an hour they phoned hotpoint 11 days for an engineer to come out got a plummer coming tomorrow to confirm it's a fault on machine
    smithy I did take transit bolts out.
    Thanks all
  • Options
    You need this bloke (NSFW)
    http://youtu.be/tAGlUUAmjxk
  • Options
    This what I love about CL. You can jump on here any time and someone will be posting complete bollocks...hold on, that's me!!!
  • Options
    Hi again plumber has been round confirmed it's the machine hot point are telling us 10 days until engineer can come out can I just take this machine back to currys who say I need an uplift number off hot point
    thanks for all your help
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Hi again plumber has been round confirmed it's the machine hot point are telling us 10 days until engineer can come out can I just take this machine back to currys who say I need an uplift number off hot point
    thanks for all your help

No worries. Glad you didn't have to go round and round and round to get an answer.
  • Options
    Knew it would all come out in the wash.

Got to be a load off your mind.

• Options
    Suds law.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Where's Soapy Jones when you need him :wink: . Anyway at least you never got yourself in a lather, was up front about the problem and never tried to spin the situation :smiley: .
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    clb74 said:

thanks for all your help

Yes. The Sale of Goods Act is your friend. It's the retailer's responsibility, not the manufacturer's. Currys relationship with the manufacturer might be nice administratively for them but is feck all to do with you.

It is not fit for purpose. The key point is that it has not broken down: It never worked in the first place.

I hope you bought it using a credit card, so that the Consumer Credit Act applies and makes the credit card company jointly and severally liable? I'd ring Currys tell them to come and collect it and refund you or replace it. Tell them otherwise you'll be on to your card company requesting a refund and then the washing machine will be dumped outside their shop with a big sign on it explaining to the world and his wife that both Currys and Hotpoint are a pile of crap.

There plenty of template letters to credit cards companies available on the web. Use one.

BTW if you used your debit card there's a chargeback scheme but it's not as snappy to use.

Edited to add: If you are on social media use it to tell everyone what Currys and Hotpoint are like.
  • Options
    This is a good one IMO.

[insert your name
    and address]

[insert date]
    [insert name and
    address of credit
    card company]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: [insert credit card number]

Ref: Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

I am writing to request that you reimburse me the value of [enter amount] as [select from full payment for / partial payment towards] a [enter item purchased] I paid for with my [enter the name of your credit card] credit card to [enter company name] on [enter date].

My claim is made on the grounds that the item purchased was faulty and I have been unable to resolve my complaint with the supplier and that you are jointly and severally liable for any misrepresentation or breach of contract with the above supplier under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

[Use this section if you would like to claim additional costs or delete]
    In addition to the cost of the item, I would also like to claim the additional amount of [enter amount] for the consequential losses I have incurred as a result of the suppliers breach. These costs are as follows: [enter details of additional costs, for example cost of delivery if you have had to post a faulty good back to the supplier] bringing my total claim to [enter amount of item plus extra cost].

[Use this section for all letters]
    I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

[insert your signature]

[insert your name (printed)]

• Options
    Consumer rights act has replaced sale of good act. Same rights, different name. Since October last year I think.
  • Options
    I had a problem with mine a while ago - engineer arrived , after ten minutes into his cuppa told me he was a palace fan, couldn't believe it Told him to get out immediately! cant have a Muppet working on my machine!
  • Options

Consumer rights act has replaced sale of good act. Same rights, different name. Since October last year I think.

Quite right. Apologies.
  • Options
    Thanks all
    all sorted mashing spinning as I post.
    Thanks for the template but curry s were no problem at all
    just the wife and the washing machine
  • Options
    clb74 said:

Thanks all
    all sorted mashing spinning as I post.
    Thanks for the template but curry s were no problem at all
    just the wife and the washing machine

Thanks for taking the time to come back with an update. Glad it's all sorted.