Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton protest at the Tour of Flanders (Ronde Van Vlaanderen),

2»

Comments

• TelMc32 said:

Screenshot

Looks like the ruder is having a dirty protest.
    In which case, you are right and he is indeed ruder!! :smile:
    Bloody phone
  • I didn't see it during the race, but saw it just now on eurosport replay. Cracking idea, and hopefully get coverage in the Belgian media
  • Sorry guys. I doubt it a lot if it will get any coverage. Also, I'm afraid most spectators are ... euhm ... intoxicated to a level where they can't read what's on a banner, even if it's the size of a football pitch ! Good effort though ...
  • edited April 2016
    The real value is not necessarily in the event itself (i.e. in the moment) but in the photos and videos and various media that will circulate in the aftermath as a record of the action to further highlight the campaign against Duchatelet.
  • LoOkOuT said:

The real value is not necessarily in the event itself but in the photos and videos and various media that will circulate in the aftermath as a record of the action to further highlight the campaign against Duchatelet.

Proof seen in the below photos
  • skywalker said:

Sorry guys. I doubt it a lot if it will get any coverage. Also, I'm afraid most spectators are ... euhm ... intoxicated to a level where they can't read what's on a banner, even if it's the size of a football pitch ! Good effort though ...

Hi mate - all feedback is good. I guess the question to ask is what, in your opinion, is the best way to publicise our feelings towards RD in Belgium?
  • Good on falconwood_1

Great effort!
  • Just brilliant!
  • Sponsored links:

• I thought I saw a familiar banner when I was watching this earlier, absolutely superb.

Don't know if there are any/other plans but Liége-Bastogne-Liége on the 23rd of April would be an obvious target considering the race starts and finishes in Liége. Could even get some Standard fans in on it maybe?

Or any of the other cobbled/Ardennes classics for that matter considering the huge following that cycling has in Belgium.
  • Top work Falconwood, we keep chipping away and he'll crumble.
  • Top work.

I may be going out to the Tour in the summer - if so will happily take a banner with me.
  • I thought I saw a familiar banner when I was watching this earlier, absolutely superb.

Don't know if there are any/other plans but Liége-Bastogne-Liége on the 23rd of April would be an obvious target considering the race starts and finishes in Liége. Could even get some Standard fans in on it maybe?

Or any of the other cobbled/Ardennes classics for that matter considering the huge following that cycling has in Belgium.

Same day as the London marathon....Just saying!
  • If anyone is up for a protest abroad before the end of the season inbox me!

sssshhhhhhhh!