Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Useful or a pain ?i

Do the majority of loyal supporters believe in all these embarrassing. actions making it a suitable environment for our children.Why are the stewards not taking action to remove the people who disrupt play by throwing things .On one occasion an idiot chucked a stuffed toy onto the field in full view of the steward who just watched him No action.A good example to the kids who are our future.
Grow up and stop spoiling the match experience for the rest.

Comments

• Options
    But some of my favourite memories of being a 7 yr old standing by the railings at the front of the east terrace are throwing peanut shells to see if they could actually get over the gravel and onto the pitch.
  • Options
    Sorry Roly, we'll behave. Xx
  • Options
    You're right, the best thing is to do absolutely nothing about the current state of affairs.......
  • Options
    Dear me, at least try to present your rant coherently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bollocks Phil!
  • Options
    Belgian incompetance, lies, deceits and bullying are good examples to the little darlings then?
  • Options
    Do one Phil.
  • Options
    Shouldn't you be at church Mrs. Lovejoy?
  • Options
    Aah, Lovejoy's law - think of the children!

You always know someone's logical thinking has gone right out the window when that's lobbed into a discussion.
  • Options
    Hang 'em, that's what I say. Hanging's too good for 'em.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm all in favour of action being taken against those who have (for the past two and a bit seasons) being ruining the matchday experience, by throwing unmitigated sh1te onto the pitch, in the mistaken belief that they were putting together "a Championship team with Premiership ambitions". If only there was some way of getting rid of such nasty people...

It's almost enough to make you want to protest.

I think you'll find it's spelt "shite". You would't want to teach the little darlings about whom this thread is so concerned how to spell incorrectly, would you?
  • Options
    Phil?

Phil?

Phil?

Where did you go, Phil?
  • Options
    I think it's a good thing that children learn at an early age that there are people out there who are quite happy to shit on their dreams and ambitions. They're learning that sometimes you have to fight tooth and nail for what you want.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I think it's a good thing that children learn at an early age that there are people out there who are quite happy to shit on their dreams and ambitions. They're learning that sometimes you have to fight tooth and nail for what you want.

Exactly.

Or, do you want to teach your child to be passive? A pushover? Someone who does not stand up for what they believe in?
  • Options

Phil?

Phil?

Phil?

Where did you go, Phil?

His work's done isn't it...mind you he'll be gutted not to make it to at least two pages by now.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I'm sorry philipoters but I thought for a moment I read, 'spoiling the the match experience'. We don't have match experiences because we're a restaurant now.

Can I make a serious suggestion here, just lighten up and enjoy the moment. People go to football because they want to see a spectacle. But the the most part of two years there has been no spectacle to enjoy. The regime are slowly rotting our club away and the protesters are doing everything they can to try and heal the sickness. For me the protests have been the single most enjoyable thing at The Valley this season. Try loosening up a bit and stop thinking you need to act like the outraged son of Bill Grundy and Victoria Gillick, you might just enjoy it.

Tim Grundy was a very nice young man - knew him when I lived in Cheshire and he was a DJ on Radio Piccadilly.
    Looked like his father, had strong opinions, like his father, liked a beer or three, like his father but a gentle man and nothing like as obnoxious as father Bill.

Sadly, Tim passed away 7 years ago aged just 50.
    He was a good man and interesting conversationalist. A sad loss.
  • Options
    Agree with philiorters. How are our children supposed to learn to stand in line, do as they're told (even if what they're being told is wrong), and never learn to fight for what they believe in with all this going on?

Oh yeah.. school
  • Options
    Standing up for something you believe and protesting in a peaceful non violent way with a bit of humour ? Absolutely shocking, something needs to be done.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Try loosening up a bit and stop thinking you need to act like the outraged son of Bill Grundy and Victoria Gillick, you might just enjoy it.

Jesus Stig, you're showing your age there. I know you've changed your profile pic to Wolfie Smith, but I didn't realise you were old enough that you could actually be him. Of course, now I've outed myself as someone old enough to get all those references too. :blush:
  • Options

On one occasion an idiot chucked a stuffed toy onto the field in full view of the steward who just watched him No action.A good example to the kids who are our future.
    Grow up and stop spoiling the match experience for the rest.

I actually think my kids have enjoyed the protests more than the football this season, and in a way it's made them back us more. If it wasn't for the harmless yet effective banter of beach balls, stress balls, fancy dressed Pinocchio's and that stuffed dog I reckon they'd have been poached by the lure of the Olympic Stadium and premiership football next season...