Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Two team league
  • Options
    Ronaldo was coming into a new team so he wins. :wink:
  • Options

Two team league

In which Ronaldo's team isn't even second
  • Options

Two team league

Barcelona and Atletico?
  • Options
    The bottom 2/3 of that league is trash
  • Options
    Real haven't won the league since 2012 and are third. Atletico have had the upper hand over them for at least the last three years (apart from the 2014 Champions League final), so presumably you are including them in the 'two team league'? ;)
  • Options
    Maybe they're the same person. (Cue x files theame)
  • Options

Real haven't won the league since 2012 and are third. Atletico have had the upper hand over them for at least the last three years (apart from the 2014 Champions League final), so presumably you are including them in the 'two team league'? ;)

What'll happen to Atletico when Diego Simeone goes elsewhere though... For them they need to get the right replacement for the other two it wont matter who they hire as boss they'll always be up there
  • Options
    16 teams are left in Europe. 2 English and 6 Spanish. 2 team league my arse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

16 teams are left in Europe. 2 English and 6 Spanish. 2 team league my arse.

Thanks for saying what I was about to. La liga is the best league in the world technically. Entertainment wise probably not.
  • Options

What'll happen to Atletico when Diego Simeone goes elsewhere though... For them they need to get the right replacement for the other two it wont matter who they hire as boss they'll always be up there
    I know things can be slightly different with managers but people have been saying that with Atletico's strikers for years, but they're the kings of replacements. It was woe when they sold Torres, but they replaced him with Aguero, who they replaced with Falcao, who they replaced with Costa, who they replaced with Griezmann. If they replace managers anything like they replace strikers they'll be fine
  • Options

The bottom 2/3 of that league is trash

Whereas the bottom of the premier league is amazing.

Barca and Real would trounce the likes of Villa, Norwich and Sunderland 7 or 8-0.

The world loves the premier league product, but la liga is much stronger overall. You only have to see the record of Spanish teams in the Europa league as proof.
    Exactly - it's such a lazy, ill informed comment. The likes of Malaga, Celta Vigo and Athletic Bilbao would comfortably beat their Premiership counterparts. Sporting Gijon beat Atletico a couple of weeks ago. There's more to La Liga than El Clasico twice a year on Sky Sports.

It's not always necessary to have an opinion on something you don't know much about. That's why I wouldn't bother saying anything about darts or cricket!
  • Options
    People just see that Barca and Real beat most teams easily and assume the whole league is weak. Seemingly forgetting that Barca and Real would likely be the runaway top 2 if they were in the premier league. Barca have beaten both City and Arsenal home and away in the past 2 seasons.
  • Options
    Behave West Brom are a great side
  • Options
    That's why there needs to be a post-season friendly where each Premier League team plays against the equivalent Spanish team by league position. You'd tot up the points and the goal difference to see which country comes out on top. It'd be amazing. In fact, get Italy and Germany involved as well - see who's worse out of Aston Villa, Hannover 96 and Verona.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Two team league

Just thought I'd give this a bump...
  • Options
    Why does everyone think the prem is so thrilling? I bet all the people saying la liga is boring are just saying it cause their mate down the pub told them. How many games have they actually watched.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Why does everyone think the prem is so thrilling? I bet all the people saying la liga is boring are just saying it cause their mate down the pub told them. How many games have they actually watched.

Quite a lot.

This season the Premier League has been fantastic, far more entertaining than La Liga although there may be a reversal over the last few weeks if Barca continue their bad run of form and Leicester keep on winning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

dizzee said:

Quite a lot.

This season the Premier League has been fantastic, far more entertaining than La Liga although there may be a reversal over the last few weeks if Barca continue their bad run of form and Leicester keep on winning.
    Leicester could win La Liga?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Nope I've tried to watch La Liga on numerous occasions and it truly is dreadful to watch.

People complain about the Referees in this country yet the amount of dodgy decisions you see been given in favour Barcelona and Real Madrid is a joke far too often, and seeing Spain is supposed to be a top League I reckon we should be thankful for the majority of our Referees (no Keith Stroud / Mick Russell your not included in that list we should be thankful for)
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Sorry but that's not sustainable surely 

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-city-fc/payroll/

Man City's wage bill. How on earth can Phil Foden be on 12 grand a week, Zinchenko 20 grand a week and Charlie Wyke 10k two levels below? Just seems ridiculous
    How can Foden be on £12k a week and Mesi on £400k a week ? Not saying they are on a level par but are they £388k a week different ?
    Messi is on more but either way Messi is a global superstar and the greatest footballer to have ever lived. Either way I don't want to now turn this thread into who has a bigger salary.

Just find it incredible a league 1 player can be on 10k. I don't even want us to compete with that 
    arguable. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Could do with these two slugging it out through extra time.

Oops wrong thread!
  • Options
    Could do with these two slugging it out through extra time.
    Wont be surprised if they do