Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trevor Sinclair

13»

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Think the biggest example is Andy Gray

He made nothing more than a sexual joke on SKY and now I cant imagine them touching him with a barge pole, same with BBC so he's forced to work for Middle East TV who dont care about that sort of thing

Trevor Sinclair on the other hand gets a reprieve...

You have to trust me on this, FA - Gray's behaviour was way, way worse than a single sexual joke. The man was a bully. A nasty piece of work to anyone outside of his little circle. He made a lot of people very uncomfortable with his behaviour.
    my sons were once West Ham mascots at a televised game, about 25years ago .. I was both abroad and separated from their mum at the time .. long story short, I emailed Sky and asked if the boys could be shown round the outside broadcast studios etc and have a chat to the commentators as well as the players (WH v Everton) ..
    got a phone call from Gray's PA, a delicious sounding young lady who said that they would make sure the boys had a good time .. later, talking to my wife and the boys, they did have a really great time and Andy Gray/Richard Keys and their team just could not do enough for them .. always had a soft spot for him after that, AND, he was no mean pundit, knew/knows his stuff .. a more than decent centre forward in his time as well
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

He made nothing more than a sexual joke on SKY and now I cant imagine them touching him with a barge pole, same with BBC so he's forced to work for Middle East TV who dont care about that sort of thing

You have to trust me on this, FA - Gray's behaviour was way, way worse than a single sexual joke. The man was a bully. A nasty piece of work to anyone outside of his little circle. He made a lot of people very uncomfortable with his behaviour.
    my sons were once West Ham mascots at a televised game, about 25years ago .. I was both abroad and separated from their mum at the time .. long story short, I emailed Sky and asked if the boys could be shown round the outside broadcast studios etc and have a chat to the commentators as well as the players (WH v Everton) ..
    got a phone call from Gray's PA, a delicious sounding young lady who said that they would make sure the boys had a good time .. later, talking to my wife and the boys, they did have a really great time and Andy Gray/Richard Keys and their team just could not do enough for them .. always had a soft spot for him after that, AND, he was no mean pundit, knew/knows his stuff .. a more than decent centre forward in his time as well
    I think he used to go out with Susan Dando, he gets my respect for that.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

I enjoy reading anecdotes like that.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Carter said:

Par for the course

If the course is racial abuse towards white people then it's fair game, we all jump on people with even perceived racial prejudice and outcast them. However it's OK to call white police officers white c

As one of the appointed lefty liberal POC on this board (which has a big majority of white people), obviously this isn't okay and Sinclair's use of race to abuse someone is disgraceful. He shouldn't be on the BBC.

But this is also a complete dog whistle of a statement. "It" is not "okay" to say shit like this obviously
  • Options
    Is anyone actually offended by what Trevor Sinclair said?
  • Options
    Lurker said:

The copper.
  • Options

Lurker said:

The copper.
    He's probably used to being called names.
  • Options
    Lurker said:

Lurker said:

The copper.
    She
  • Options

Lurker said:

Lurker said:

The copper.
    She
    She's probably used to being called names.*
  • Options
    edited November 2018

JiMMy 85 said:

Sounds like he acted really nicely in a PR situation.

I worked in his vicinity for several years. He was horrible. To me, to security guards, to runners, to producers, pretty much everyone on set at one time or another.

I can’t say the same about Keys. Met him once, seemed nice enough. I was surprised by the leaks that did for him. But Gray? I don’t know a soul that was sorry to see him go.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2018

Lurker said:

Lurker said:

The copper.
    She
    The police officer was a man.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/02/ex-england-star-trevor-sinclair-admits-drink-driving-and-racial-abuse
  • Options
    I don’t really care if he works or not, you could argue that players should have been sacked/never played for anyone/their club/ countries again for all sorts of reasons.

• Options
    johnny73 said:

Lurker said:

Lurker said:

The copper.
    She

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/jan/02/ex-england-star-trevor-sinclair-admits-drink-driving-and-racial-abuse
    Ah sorry, I read the story wrong and thought the arresting officer was a women, my apologies
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Lurker said:

Lurker said:

The copper.
    She

Perhaps he/she had a sex change?
  • Options
    It?
  • Options
    So, are we signing him in January?