Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Warming up the crowd

The 4 minute chant at the start of the boro game and the away support at Brentford which was already going when I got into the stand around 10 mins before the start both served to warm up the vocal chords of the charlton support in both matches and, coincidentally, produced wins for the team - who says it negatively impacts on the players ? - whatever form Saturday's protests take we should try and repeat the collective chant by everybody (go on KM, you know it makes sense) of the boro game from the kick off.

Comments

• No beards.
  • As an experiment today I'm going to the match for the first time all season with a non protest mentality.

Every match I have been involved in the protests and shit. This time I'm going straight to the game, going to go into crossbars (not buying anything) then will sit and watch the match. (I will probably throw a few balloons)

I want to see what it is like as a comparison to how it was before Roland turned up.

I don't expect it to be a very nice place to be if you are pro Roland so to speak. And I'm fairly certain that most of the crowd are only attending to be part of the protests.

It think it will be an eye opener!
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

As an experiment today I'm going to the match for the first time all season with a non protest mentality.

Every match I have been involved in the protests and shit. This time I'm going straight to the game, going to go into crossbars (not buying anything) then will sit and watch the match. (I will probably throw a few balloons)

I want to see what it is like as a comparison to how it was before Roland turned up.

I don't expect it to be a very nice place to be if you are pro Roland so to speak. And I'm fairly certain that most of the crowd are only attending to be part of the protests.

So we should look out for you running on the pitch around the 20 minute mark then? :smiley:
  • shirty5 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

As an experiment today I'm going to the match for the first time all season with a non protest mentality.

So we should look out for you running on the pitch around the 20 minute mark then? :smiley:
    60th actually
  • Agree with "letthegoodtimesroll" the repeated chanting of "We want Roland Out" just before kick off was brilliant against Boro', really loud and from right around the ground (2% you're having a laugh). Lets really go for it again today, make it LOUD and PROUD lets all show these failing owners the noise that will be missing next season if/when we are in League One. Come on Covered End you know what to do, if you start the rest will follow.........We Want Roland Out say, We Want Roland Out (repeat as many times as you can getting louder each time).
  • Absolutely agree about the prolonged and loud anti-regime chanting. I think it should have an anti-Merde focus today though. She we be at the match, Roly won't. Let's up the pressure on her.
  • This engagement of everybody at the start of the match seem to have coincided with another win...
  • Sponsored links:

• Was thinking of starting a chant of 'can we protest every week', the affect on the team is a really positive thing I think,I think it fires up the players.
  • Was thinking of starting a chant of 'can we protest every week', the affect on the team is a really positive thing I think,I think it fires up the players.

I suspect it has a three-fold impact

It wakes up and unites the charlton fans from the off

It focuses the charlton players who have been a bit slow to get going this season

It negatively impacts on the opposition players and fans who lose any momentum and initial motivation & self confidence that comes from playing a disorganised rabble stuck at the bottom of the table that they think is going to roll over
  • Stig said:

Poor little Daisy didn't like it though. If she sits any further back out of the way, she'll be out in the car park. On second thoughts, best not go out there Daisy; the nasty people in the car park don't like you.

Katie Fuckwit (1 of 1)

Is that Murray sitting next to her?

I suspect it has a three-fold impact

It wakes up and unites the charlton fans from the off

It focuses the charlton players who have been a bit slow to get going this season

It negatively impacts on the opposition players and fans who lose any momentum and initial motivation & self confidence that comes from playing a disorganised rabble stuck at the bottom of the table that they think is going to roll over
    It certainly shuts the away fans up.
  • Stig said:

Poor little Daisy didn't like it though. If she sits any further back out of the way, she'll be out in the car park. On second thoughts, best not go out there Daisy; the nasty people in the car park don't like you.

Katie Fuckwit (1 of 1)

Sadly it is
  • We only win when we protest! Win when we protest. We only win when we protest!
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Stig said:

Katie Fuckwit (1 of 1)

Sadly it is
    Nah it's Mick Jagger!
  • Think before CARD unified the protests the crowds were angry but silent, the campaign has given the support back their voice and the atmosphere has grown. At the same time the players seem to have discovered their own fight and passion.
  • edited April 2016

Very sad to see Murray next to Daisy
  • Sponsored links:

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

TOTAL DISASTER!!!

Firstly I turned up for the usual donar and chips! so far so good!

I was then handed a free program (rude not to)

I was then given a small stress ball! that's nice I was starting to feel stressed (probably like Roland!)

I didn't go to the Oak so that saved me some questioning - but it all went downhill from there!

Got patted down by a steward who didn't find the big bulge of my Balls! so that was good!

I then sat down and the guy (stranger) across the isle from me started asking me about the protests for about 30 mins before the match.

Then someone chucked a load of balls on the pitch so I was unable to not stand up and loose my voice in the first 5 mins of the match! "We want Roland out"

I then decided ok enough now lets focus on being pro roland! then some old guy hobbled down the steps in the east stand with the ball! that fired me up again!

I calmed myself and tried to focus on what Roland would be thinking - I then couldn't find my stress balls (must have got carried away or something)

Halftime I went to Crossbars wasn't as busy as it usually is though. felt a bit stupid just standing there without a drink, had a chat with a few.

Back to my seat and thought fuck this for a game of soldiers!

Black and white scarf out! cheered on the team watch another win despite the "protests disrupt the players" brigade!

So there you have it! It is impossible to go to the valley and not protest in some way!

It is also fucking miserable if you try not to laugh at a large Dog Teddy being thrown on the pitch!

UP the REDS! Down the Duchatelet!
  • Lol......but did you see how fast the old bloke ran back up to his seat after hobbling down slowly to give the ball back..?...What a chuckle