Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Fantastic! Good to see them backing CARD and the protests. I know we have Belgian posters on here but I hope we can or are communicating with the Standard Leige fans as well. Interesting reading about how even the official fans group, La Famille des Rouches, were pushed into protests by his incompetence and neglect of their club!
    '2% you're having a laugh'. We can't all be wrong! Roll on Saturday.
  • Great post @cabbles and it's easy to forget just how exhilarating those moments are. Though, I was unsure whether or not I should *like* your post after you compared Roland to a sex offender.
  • "Our club was losing its best players and more importantly, its identity."

The one line, that stand out for me.

Kinda felt a bit awkward reading that as they were being given to us... Buyens / Bulot etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

There are so many things you can take from this article. The absolute obvious (albeit oblivious to RD) is that he doesn't have a fucking clue how to run a successful football club. After a 4 year failed project in which fans stormed his office and demanded him to change his ways or piss off, he's now seeing exactly the same thing play out only 2 years into his time here. Is there any shred of emotional intelligence rattling around in his brain? If I had cocked something up this much, and to the extent that he has done, I wouldn't be hanging around. The writing should be very firmly on the wall.

Reading all this shit about a children's carousel? What, why, and where are these ideas coming from? He is a man that just doesn't get football. You could make me watch Charlton in a dilapidated, old, crumbling stadium, but only if I were watching a team that were good, or a club that had ambition, passion and fight. Anything else is superfluous. I don't need a match day experience tied into the championship brand of football, I need to be going fucking mental when we score, doing my nut and getting behind the team. I need to feel the 90 mins take over my body and for want of a better word, be absolutely rushing at the final whistle. I haven't felt like that since the Hull game in August, when you walk away from a game light headed because you've lived, breathed and kicked every moment of the game from the stands.

That he will never get. I'm not interested in stats, moneyball, pint and a pie for £7, a sofa, a business park, a hotel, a bunch cheap young foreign talent so far out of their depth it's embarrassing, I live for moments like Kermorgant's winner up at Boundary park, Mills smashing the 4th up at Villa in 99, Konschesky lobbing the Liverpool goalie when we beat them 2-0 in 2002, Robinson equalising at home to Man Utd in 2000. That's it. There is nothing more, these are the memories that I will take to my grave. The fact I still well up when I watch the play off final, 18 years on.

You have and will NEVER ever give me anything like that Roland. And because you will never get that or understand that passion or raw emotion, football isn't for you. How many clubs do you want to buy and how many people's lives do you want to piss off? I honestly view him as akin to a serial sex offender, yet his chosen victims are football clubs and their fans.

You've changed!

Love
    Katrien xx
    Yesterday he was telling us to leave her alone - today he's digging in the knife. So fickle, Rob!
  • ffs ... a children's carousel! Roland is just inane
  • Great post @cabbles and it's easy to forget just how exhilarating those moments are. Though, I was unsure whether or not I should *like* your post after you compared Roland to a sex offender.

yeah sorry about that, got a bit worked up, wasn't trying to trivialise a serious crime....
  • "Our club was losing its best players and more importantly, its identity."

Kinda felt a bit awkward reading that as they were being given to us... Buyens / Bulot etc.
    Ah yeah, remember that time we had Michy Batshuayi, Imoh Ezekiel, Geoffrey Mujangi Bia, Paul-Jose M'Poku, Jelle Van Damme...
  • So, they could be CARD's flying pickets.

Not the singers obviously although a quick run through of Only You would need just minor word changes:

Sometimes when I think of your name
    And it's only a game
    And I hate you
    Listening to the words that you say
    Getting harder to stay
    When I see you

• I bet it was them bursting into his office that was the tipping point and I'm not sure it's something our fans would do. Still I hope our less heavy handed protests will be enough.
  • Can't wait for Reno and the public hysteric chaos make an appearance down Floyd road. I haven't heard much of them but it should be a cracking gig.
  • PaddyP17 said:

"Our club was losing its best players and more importantly, its identity."

Ah yeah, remember that time we had Michy Batshuayi, Imoh Ezekiel, Geoffrey Mujangi Bia, Paul-Jose M'Poku, Jelle Van Damme...
    Always felt that Roland should have sold us Batshuayi because the prices for players when they play in England are so much higher than going anywhere else, Roland would have ended up with a fortune from him alone!!
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

There are so many things you can take from this article. The absolute obvious (albeit oblivious to RD) is that he doesn't have a fucking clue how to run a successful football club. After a 4 year failed project in which fans stormed his office and demanded him to change his ways or piss off, he's now seeing exactly the same thing play out only 2 years into his time here. Is there any shred of emotional intelligence rattling around in his brain? If I had cocked something up this much, and to the extent that he has done, I wouldn't be hanging around. The writing should be very firmly on the wall.

Reading all this shit about a children's carousel? What, why, and where are these ideas coming from? He is a man that just doesn't get football. You could make me watch Charlton in a dilapidated, old, crumbling stadium, but only if I were watching a team that were good, or a club that had ambition, passion and fight. Anything else is superfluous. I don't need a match day experience tied into the championship brand of football, I need to be going fucking mental when we score, doing my nut and getting behind the team. I need to feel the 90 mins take over my body and for want of a better word, be absolutely rushing at the final whistle. I haven't felt like that since the Hull game in August, when you walk away from a game light headed because you've lived, breathed and kicked every moment of the game from the stands.

That he will never get. I'm not interested in stats, moneyball, pint and a pie for £7, a sofa, a business park, a hotel, a bunch cheap young foreign talent so far out of their depth it's embarrassing, I live for moments like Kermorgant's winner up at Boundary park, Mills smashing the 4th up at Villa in 99, Konschesky lobbing the Liverpool goalie when we beat them 2-0 in 2002, Robinson equalising at home to Man Utd in 2000. That's it. There is nothing more, these are the memories that I will take to my grave. The fact I still well up when I watch the play off final, 18 years on.

You have and will NEVER ever give me anything like that Roland. And because you will never get that or understand that passion or raw emotion, football isn't for you. How many clubs do you want to buy and how many people's lives do you want to piss off? I honestly view him as akin to a serial sex offender, yet his chosen victims are football clubs and their fans.

Best thing I've read in ages. Nail on head and all that.
  • Talal said:

I bet it was them bursting into his office that was the tipping point and I'm not sure it's something our fans would do. Still I hope our less heavy handed protests will be enough.

does he even have an office at the club? if he does he's never there anyway...
  • Please can we invite them to a game
  • I'm not convinced Roland doesn't still own Standard.
  • cabbles said:

Arise, Sir cabbles !

I'm welling up so much, Mr F has just put on his waders !

• Surprised by this as there are bigger statements that could have been released with this - I'm sure it will come in time (HOPEFULLY)

There is more to the standard situation than reported here.

If he still owned them we would of had some players sent to us this year I am sure.
  • "“Duchatelet tried to empty Standard of its traditions and started to talk about stupid business ideas like a children’s carousel around the stadium." #neverland

The article states Standard WON the Belgian Cup, does that sound like a Duchatelet owned club to you?