Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kashi back running on grass

edited March 2016 in General Charlton

Really happy for him, hope he makes it back before the end of the season, even if it turns out to be too little too late. I've just started running again semi-regularly after have Achilles tendinitis problems for the better part of a year. Achilles injuries are nasty. Hope for no setbacks for him.

Can't remember what web-censoring firewalls people have, so here is the text of the tweet:

TRAINING | Ahmed Kashi had his boots back on this morning as he continues his rehabilitation from injury #cafc pic.twitter.com/uK9GnTX88W

— Charlton Athletic FC (@CAFCofficial) March 31, 2016

Comments

• Options
    I've just busted my cruciate ligament skiing and I tell you what, I'm looking forward to being able to walk again never mind about running. Is running on grass more difficult than on a treadmill? More lateral movement possible I guess.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I've just busted my cruciate ligament skiing and I tell you what, I'm looking forward to being able to walk again never mind about running. Is running on grass more difficult than on a treadmill? More lateral movement possible I guess.

It depends, grass has more give than a treadmill, so for joints it can be easier. That said, because there is more give, there is more strain on things like lateral movement.

I think "running on grass" is an idiom used to describe when a player is back to doing lateral movements, sprints, etc., basically the things he's doing in the video.

Hope your recovery goes smoothly. I've had cruciate and meniscus problems, my brother ruptured his ACL, pain in the ass. Can do nothing but sit.
  • Options
    Looked a very good player from what we saw at the beginning of the season.
  • Options
    I thought it was hard to tell if he was going to kick on.
    Looked a good addition.

The squad without injuries looked pretty tidy to be fair and could have been aiming for mid table.
  • Options
    Just in time to be sold to some exotic foreign outfit .. like Motherwell
  • Options
    In the short amount of time he played he looked a cut above. Just looked knackered after a run of games and then got injured
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

Looked a good addition.

The squad without injuries looked pretty tidy to be fair and could have been aiming for mid table.

Agreed, a team of
    Hendo
    Solly Diarra Bauer Fox
    JBG Cousins Kashi CC/Harriott
    .......Igor.....Watt/Mak

That' a pretty strong first 11. The problem was if you had injuries at RB, CB, central midfield, attacking midfield or up front (basically most of the team) then there wasn't much cover.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Needs to get fit so that he can go out on loan.
  • Options
    I feel like Kashi said something internally about the ownership so they 'made him disappear'. He looks timid... they've probably only just released him from his 2x2m cell.
  • Options
    No point risking him at the end of the season unless we've got a chance of survival. I can't see that being the case by the time he is semi fit enough to play any part.
    Just risking him having a set back and making it harder for him to get a transfer in the summer.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    SDAddick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Looked a good addition.

Agreed, a team of
    Hendo
    Solly Diarra Bauer Fox
    .......Igor.....Watt/Mak

That' a pretty strong first 11. The problem was if you had injuries at RB, CB, central midfield, attacking midfield or up front (basically most of the team) then there wasn't much cover.
    That team looks like it would finish low mid table, probably just above relegation spots. Any injuries and you are stuffed, which we are. Diarra is no CB, Fox is League One at best, Mak not even that and Watt permanent strop on.

Welcome (almost) back Kashi. You looked good v QPR so I hope you stay.
  • Options
    He won't be ready in time to make any impact this season, and he will go in the Summer, as he is too good for L1.
    Shame because he looked quite exciting.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Dazzler21 said:

Looked a good addition.

Agreed, a team of
    Hendo
    Solly Diarra Bauer Fox
    .......Igor.....Watt/Mak

That team looks like it would finish low mid table, probably just above relegation spots. Any injuries and you are stuffed, which we are. Diarra is no CB, Fox is League One at best, Mak not even that and Watt permanent strop on.

Welcome (almost) back Kashi. You looked good v QPR so I hope you stay.
    Fox has looked very good of late. Mak has been inconsistent, but the way he and Igor linked up against Rotherham, and the prospect of them playing together regularly (in this alternate world scenario) is very enticing. Mak definitely needs someone to play alongside him to help stretch, opening up space for him. Agreed Watt didn't seem to be up for it this year. I'd guess 10-12th, lack of pace at the back would be a problem but I think we'd look half decent going forward.
  • Options
    I'm pleased for the man that he is on his way back, but I suspect that we will end up selling him for a loss - especially when you factor in his wages for a year, and his total contribution has been negligible.

I very much doubt he will play for us in the 3rd division and it could even be worse in that we might have to loan him out, and pay some of his wages, for all of next season.

I know injuries are a part of the game but we have signed just way too many players from abroad that have played less than ten games for us before being moved on since RD bought the club, and this player has to be included in that group.

And there are a couple of other players that have played more than ten games which I wish hadn't!