Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Gillingham

I popped over to Rivals this morning.

Gillingham fans seem to have a hatred for all things Charlton. I know we have a lot of fans in Kent but then again Arsenal have a lot of fans in South London?

Have I missed something, whats it all about? Bit of a one way thing cos no Charlton fan I know gives a toss about them.

Comments

• Options
    Not true, I live down that way & hate the F***** Pikey's. Lowest form of life live there, their Chairman is a complete melt as well.
  • Options
    Hmmm, I might have been on their board lately... I fecking hate them!
  • Options
    never bothered me, i've always kept an eye out for the Gills results and want them to do well.
  • Options
    Fair enough, I was actually born in Gillingham and lived in Rainham as a kid.

Family still down that way but they kinda like them in the way I kinda like Southend.
  • Options
    Can't stand them, but I don't think Scally helps that. Moaning about ITV Digital firstly, and then about us 'nicking' their fans....! Fact is, it's cheaper for a Medway resident to pay for travel and a ticket to Charlton, than it is purely for a match ticket at Gillingham... Is that our fault?!
  • Options
    it goes back to them believing that when they nearly went out of business a few years back a number of Charlton fans went around Priestfield handing out leaflets tempting the Jills to come to The Valley. Load of old balony but there you go. Reckon Jarvis must be a done deal if we are playing them pre-season as Scully still owes us from the proceeds of the last pre season game there.
  • Options
    How much is a Gills ticket?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]How much is a Gills ticket?!

For an adult, on matchday, £22 !!!

Here's the various season ticket prices for last season, but roughly they're £300....

http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.premiumtv.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10416,00.html
  • Options
    They should get a life, Christ, where would we ever be if we spent all our time bemoaning all the plastic Spuds/Chelsea/Arsenal in SEL? Its a fact of life, just feckin get on with it you pikey twats.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]They should get a life, Christ, where would we ever be if we spent all our time bemoaning all the plastic Spuds/Chelsea/Arsenal in SEL? Its a fact of life, just feckin get on with it you pikey twats.

Hear hear!

They have a huge catchment area, with great transport links from pretty much the whole of North Kent. They just haven't got a clue how to capture people from those areas...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because their chairman is a feckin Millwall fan who does not have a clue how to market his club.

People forget that the Valley Express stuff is just the culmination of a lot of ball breaking work done by the club in the mid 90's when we were nowhere but managed to get people down with the Kid for a Quid or Football for a Fiver stuff. We had to do it ourselves (and I can take credit for introducing five now hardcore fans from these occasions) because nobody else was going to do it for us.

Sorry, but football these days is dog eat dog, it ain't nice but that's the way it is and their reaction to us just smacks of jealousy.
  • Options
    i hate the pikey scumbags, i hate there chairman too, what a plonker
  • Options
    Very much dog eat dog Ormiston. Thing is, what have they done to try and counteract or learn from the Valley Express? Nothing.
  • Options
    Exactly, Medders. I recall Henry saying that Millwall have tried to replicate the VE stuff but I am not sure how well it has worked for them.

Charlton are in a unique position because our support IS scattered right through Kent so we have every right to exploit that. I mean, we have no mass support base north of the Thames (West Ham) and it stops once you get past Bromley (and even that is Palace, really) to the west and then stops again at Deptford Creek when you get into Millwall territory. So, that means southern expansion is the only way for us to go.
  • Options
    They're too busy moaning about others, rather than doing something about it....

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=934&p=16&style=1&forumId=4337&action=1&replytoid=2118490237
  • Options
    Also Ormiston, don't forget that the Valley Express operates into Sussex, Hampshire and Essex (I believe) now. Haven't heard complaints from Brighton, Crawley, Gravesend, Southend etc etc
  • Options
    Yup, they could DO something but that would mean getting off their sister, clearing a way through the Special Brew cans and dog ends in their front room and leaving Pikeyville and that just ain't gonna happen!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Yup, they could DO something but that would mean getting off their sister, clearing a way through the Special Brew cans and dog ends in their front room and leaving Pikeyville and that just ain't gonna happen!!!

Quality! lol!
  • Options
    The Gills chairman is a millwall fan. And 99% of gills fans hate Charlton due to valley express/jealousy.
    I still hope they do well as i lived there for quite a few years. on one of our away games i went with my mates to watch them v leyton orient and the ticket cost me £25. shocking.
  • Options
    carlsberg!!! we need to talk, "" i hope they do well ""i cant believe you havent been brought up to despise the gills like the rest of us who live close by.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2007
    hehe! I cant stand the crap they give us but i still hope they do well. my hatred lies in..........ahem

Palarse,millwall,spurs,chelsea,fulham,westham,portsmouth,luton..........
  • Options
    in that order??
  • Options
    Pal arse and millwall yes but the rest are equal. I used to like west ham by the way until they got promoted and i started getting abuse off of people i never even knew liked football.
  • Options
    far be it for me to defend CAFC, but I did once point out to Scally that he was missing the point by getting upset about the valley express...as more people travel from kent to watch West ham, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal than do to watch Charlton.

They just don't all go on organised buses. So is he going to start moaning about the other clubs?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]far be it for me to defend CAFC, but I did once point out to Scally that he was missing the point by getting upset about the valley express...as more people travel from kent to watch West ham, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal than do to watch Charlton.

They just don't all go on organised buses. So is he going to start moaning about the other clubs?

Far be it for me to correct you but it depends on what you mean by Kent. Do you mean the current administrative district which is now Kent or the historical county of Kent that includes Greenwich, Woolwich, Lewisham, Catford and Bromley? When I lived in Bromley my address was Kent although not now in the admistrative district of Kent. Scally always talks about Gillingham being the only league club in Kent and it winds me up. Charlton is in the historical county of Kent.

So you are probably right about what is now Kent, but wrong about the historical district.

Why should Scally be wound up by Charlton reconnecting with fans who have moved further afield is beyond me? If the Gills had an attractive product to offer and marketted it properly they might draw in some more support from their area. They don't and they haven't.