Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life

edited May 2007 in General Charlton
I would just like to say how glad I am that I think I have finally found a site where the majority of users are open minded and willing to accept other peoples opinion even if they differ from their own.

Also with Charlton fans that seem to believe the most important thing is that we are all Charlton at the end of the day, however we feel individually is the best way to support the club.

This also leads me to ask is their any need for net Addicks anymore and why are some of their users so different in their views and the way they treat people?

The reason is I ask this I found that some people on that site were frankly rude and if you didn't conform to what they thought a Charlton fan should be led to you being slagged off.

This culminated with at one stag them commencing a witch-hunt to get some of our fans banded earlier this season, people I know and are friends with.

Though the people in questions actions were ill advised and were unfortunately due to being a bit worse for wear, which is no excuse.

But as we saw with the thread about some problems on a coach to Blackburn peoples mistakes should not led to Charlton fans witch hunting them and asking for them to be banded and frankly vilifying them.

Anyway thank you Charlton Life for giving me another option.

Comments

• Options
    Welcome to the family but unless you're in a clique on here you're nothing mate. Sorry
  • Options
    Whats a clique sorry mate having a blond moment?
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    welcome to the site mate, glad you like the set up.

We're not here to talk about other sites, so lets just leave them to it. Our membership is growing, traffic is growing and everyone seems happy, so lets just enjoy it while it lasts !
  • Options
    Group hug??? ;o)

...or is that being saved for the showers after the CL match?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mad83[/cite]Whats a clique sorry mate having a blond moment?

An exlusive group of people to their activities/place in life.

For example, WSS is in the Musical and Long Eyelash clique. Bunch of nutters them so watch out!
  • Options
    Netaddicks is still needed if only to keep the t*ssers off here!
  • Options
    Point taken AFKA it was just something that was on my mind, anyway enough said.

Thanks again Charlton Life.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: C_f_W[/cite]Netaddicks is still needed if only to keep the t*ssers off here![/quote]

Very good point CFW.
  • Options
    Ive found since i was told about this site

I rarely even look at the other site mentioned above no need to far better here and no hassle
  • Options
    I must admit i now only go onto netaddicks so i can click on the drop down bit as a shortcut to the Everton rivals site. They're all mad on there and talk about absolute rubbish all day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i use netaddicks if i fancy an argument or a laugh at others having a row. i still lurk and i hope it continues.
  • Options
    I never used the other site....as my friend AFKA had nothing to do with it!!! AFKA is my new Blair!!!
  • Options
    Net Addicks is alright for a row and uninspiring conversations. There's no community feel to it though Hilllsy. Its full of keyboard warriors.

So has AFKA resigned as PM today as well then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cunningstunt87[/cite]Net Addicks is alright for a row and uninspiring conversations. There's no community feel to it though Hilllsy. Its full of keyboard warriors.

So has AFKA resigned as PM today as well then?

LOL - I've never been a fan of chat room or forums before, never really saw the point. I do like it on here though, it's amazing how many people who's faces i see around that go on here. Especially frightening when a group of people say "Hi, How you doing" in the pub on Monday afternoon, and you have no clue who they are !!
  • Options
    don't blame this site on your drinking problem....
  • Options
    I love this site but it's dangerously addictive.

Does anyone find that?

I recently banned myself from using it for one week as I thought I was going insane.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I love this site but it's dangerously addictive.

Does anyone find that?

I recently banned myself from using it for one week as I thought I was going insane.

Yes! I think next year I'll have to give it up for Lent. Six weeks no Charlton Life would be a real challenge!
  • Options
    Looks like your addiction is back as your still at it?
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [quote][cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]i use netaddicks if i fancy an argument or a laugh at others having a row. i still lurk and i hope it continues.[/quote]

i dont think i've been on NA since about 2 months after this started up
    too many twosheds on there!!!
  • Options
    I think this site is great and 687 posts since I joined on 8th Jan is testiment to how much time I have spent here.

I joined netaddicks but it appears to be a testosterone fuelled slag off fest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still go on netaddicks for more banter with other fans, waifs and strays and the mentally ill!!!
    I find it childish but funny. It's just a more immediate sort of thing, but I like the fact that people are more tolerant here and not so in your face!