Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The London Marathon 24 April and possible peaceful protest.

Has anyone in CARD thought of organising something. Strategically placed posters around the Charlton Lane/ anchor crossroads or even get the antigallican involved maybe re naming for one day 'The Antiroland day'. I'm sure we can get quite a few fans down early to man the four corners of the junction. With the TVs coverage going worldwide this could give us some great coverage.

Comments

• Hi, popping out now but I'll post something later today on this
  • Problem with The Antigallican is that this part of the race is rarely shown on TV, as the other starts take place at the time the elite runners are coming down Woolwich Road. Much better to have a banner at Cutty Sark, Tower Bridge, The Mall, or even in Docklands, which are always shown on TV.
  • Already posted on this in the membership forum.
  • It is possible to appear at various places en route with minimal effort. The key is to be where the camera will pick it up.
    Judicious of a phone from a concentrated TV watcher to mobile protesting groups will help.
    They always feature the start, and the Cutty Sark turn, and of course follow with cameras, various athletes. I think it would be a challenging protest, with the possibility of viewers noticing, and wondering what it is all about, but it is unlikely to get huge publicity.
  • There is a guy who gets himself on, or near the finish line of each stage of the Tour De France each year. As soon as the riders set up for the sprint and the camera is on them from the front he holds up a board.

I think he is advertising Dutch camper vans.

Cheap, cheerful and seen by a world wide audience.

• How about Henry Irving throwing himself in front on the panto horse that runs every year!

What makes you so sure that Henry isn't part of the Panto Horse?
  • How about Henry Irving throwing himself in front on the panto horse that runs every year!

What makes you so sure that Henry isn't part of the Panto Horse?
    He doesn't "do" horse hair, he is a wool man :smile:

Henry will be fighting it out against the Kenyans at the front
  • Sponsored links:

Henry will be fighting it out against the Kenyans at the front
    I could beat them if they give me a 26 mile start.
  • Best place is outside Pickwick as its a the marker which mile the runners are at

He got out paced by the "Diver" last year ;)
  • Could it be worth getting a little team of runners (mainly Charlton supporters obviously) to run in a line holding the "Roland and katrien Time to go" banner?
    Just like it was held during the funeral march just faster! Could be done a few times during the marathon if CARD are willing to organise pick up and drop off locations for the banne
  • I know its probably too late now but did any one think about running in The Marathon with a C.A.R.D advert on the rear of their vest,or has it been done.I suppose it could be against Sponsers Rules.
  • DONE THIS BEFORE WITH BANNER AT CUTTY SARK 1990.....YOU ARE 31YEARS BEHIND......
    LOTS OF THINGS WE CAN DO BUT BEST NOT LET ON WHAT WE ARE PLANNING.
  • Derek1952 said:

I know its probably too late now but did any one think about running in The Marathon with a C.A.R.D advert on the rear of their vest,or has it been done.I suppose it could be against Sponsers Rules.

Think you can put anything you like on your shirt as long as it's not offensive.