Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T.Holmes Dennis

I'm currently sat behind THD on the Manchester to Euston Virgin train. I asked about the situation and what he thought about it all, he said he didn't want to talk about Charlton as its in the past. Shame. Great potentional wasted by the regime. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Hope there is no intention of him leaving in the Summer... Apparently other Championship clubs were interested in January so wouldnt be a surprise.
  • Options
    Be surprised if we see him back.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

You'd be annoyed at being behind Fox in the left back pecking order too

He might well have been, had he not got himself sent off and then injured ..
  • Options
    If I was a professional footballer with no emotional ties I'd be leaving this club as quickly as I possibly could.

Don't blame him.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

You'd be annoyed at being behind Fox in the left back pecking order too

He might well have been, had he not got himself sent off and then injured ..
    Good point .
  • Options
    Talal said:

Can't blame him not wanting to speak about it what with social media these days. Someone could go on a forum and talk about it within minutes :wink:

This. And also, maybe he doesn't want to talk about his boss' boss' boss. And might be tired of fans only asking about that. Why not ask him how he's enjoying Manchester? If he sees himself as being more comfortable as a LB or a wingback in a 3-5-2 set-up? Or if he feels comfortable in midfield? Given he's a footballer, I'd imagine he likes to talk about football...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully the line about Charlton being in the past is more what has gone on between him and the club whilst he tried to get a loan deal.

i.e. He's admitted he's wanted a deal for an age so was probably moaning about no game time, now he's got it, he probably wants to put those discussions etc. in the past and concentrate on his time at Oldham before coming back to Charlton in the summer..
  • Options
    When was this conversation, seeing that THD played for Oldham today?
  • Options

He did say where in his opening sentence
  • Options
    edited March 2016

He did say where in his opening sentence
    When not where!

I was surprised that he would be on a train from Manchester so soon after the match finished at Boundary Park
  • Options

Well, the post is timed at 6:10 pm. And the poster says "currently". So does that give you a clue?
  • Options
    I did think to myself about the timings! A mission for him making his way from London for training/matchdays! Got back to Euston at 8:45, long old day for him.
  • Options
    Good enough player THD, hope we do see him again.
  • Options

I did think to myself about the timings! A mission for him making his way from London for training/matchdays! Got back to Euston at 8:45, long old day for him.

Don't loan players move up to where they are playing? He wouldn't commute every day to Manchester!

I was surprised he'd be coming back south, but Oldham (for some reason) don't play again until next Tuesday, so I imagine the manager gave him a couple of days off
  • Options
    Good player. Very bad decision if we let him go.
  • Options
    I thought that talent was going to be kept, developed and then sold. THD has obvious talents and would hate to see him leave especially down a league. Just stupid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm currently sat behind THD on the Manchester to Euston Virgin train. I asked about the situation and what he thought about it all, he said he didn't want to talk about Charlton as its in the past. Shame. Great potentional wasted by the regime. Thoughts?

So, anyway, what did he think about it the important part, the Manchester to Euston Virgin train???

I can't believe that you left that hanging.

Seriously though, I think that Sheridan is a manager he likes to play for, and I can see him go; because nothing I have heard to date indicates that he is a complete numpty and, thus, is unlikely to want to stay.
  • Options

So, anyway, what did he think about it the important part, the Manchester to Euston Virgin train???

Seriously though, I think that Sheridan is a manager he likes to play for, and I can see him go; because nothing I have heard to date indicates that he is a complete numpty and, thus, is unlikely to want to stay.
    Why the hell would he leave to join a club 4th bottom of L1, in the relegation places?

Oldham are below Blackpool, that's how bad they are!
  • Options
    Oldham have games in hand. He's started both games for them since he joined, and they drew at leaders Burton and won today. I'd swap Oldham's chances of survival for ours.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Youve missed out the most important bit from a Charlton point of view..........What was the bloody engine number?.???
  • Options

Why the hell would he leave to join a club 4th bottom of L1, in the relegation places?

Oldham are below Blackpool, that's how bad they are!
    Because it's a better option than the current regime at his parent club maybe?
  • Options

sadder is that he says Charlton is in his past

Perhaps he thought he said Chorlton, he just spent the weekend there. What goes on in Chorlton, stays in Chorlton.
  • Options
    I watched the Burton vs Oldham game on Sky. I thought THD looked off the pace and generally uninterested.
  • Options

Don't loan players move up to where they are playing? He wouldn't commute every day to Manchester!

I was surprised he'd be coming back south, but Oldham (for some reason) don't play again until next Tuesday, so I imagine the manager gave him a couple of days off
    Didnt Scott Wagstaff commute back and forth when he was on loan @ Northwich Victoria?

Although he did go up there with another player who's name has escaped me
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I watched the Burton vs Oldham game on Sky. I thought THD looked off the pace and generally uninterested.

Give the kid a chance, he has only just left us. the old enthusiasm will soon be back once he gets SE7 out of his system :smile:
  • Options

sadder is that he says Charlton is in his past

Perhaps he thought he said Chorlton, he just spent the weekend there. What goes on in Chorlton, stays in Chorlton.
    I heard he spent the weekend there doing wheelies