Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    @bobmunro what a night for Stokies, that Heaney ringwalk was quality
  • Options
    Mike said:
    @bobmunro what a night for Stokies, that Heaney ringwalk was quality

Be good to see him fight at the bet365 Stadium - no reason why it can't happen next summer.
  • Options
    apart from it being summer and in Stoke …
  • Options
    David Benavidez looked very impressive in his win over Andrade. Be interesting to see if Canelo wants anything to do with him. That's an absolutely huge fight if he does.

3 fights i want to see:

Crawford v Ennis
    Canelo v Benavidez
    Bivol v Beterbiev
  • Options
    Some of the worst commentary for the Taylor v Cameron rematch last night. DAZN shameless in their bias.

A knockdown in the first recorded as a slip and never spoken about again and an awful 98-92 card as well.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Some of the worst commentary for the Taylor v Cameron rematch last night. DAZN shameless in their bias.

A knockdown in the first recorded as a slip and never spoken about again and an awful 98-92 card as well.
    I think Taylor just shaded it despite persistently holding on all through the fight .. these ladies really show up the men when it comes to aggression and throwing punches, two minute rounds suits the ladies sport .. dare say there will be a rematch for a best of three, hopefully this time in England
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I think Taylor just shaded it despite persistently holding on all through the fight .. these ladies really show up the men when it comes to aggression and throwing punches, two minute rounds suits the ladies sport .. dare say there will be a rematch for a best of three, hopefully this time in England
    Yeah a close fight and not a robbery, just some very questionable coverage and reffing.

Imo if they did 3 min rounds, Taylor gasses herself out and Cameron stops her 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Yeah a close fight and not a robbery, just some very questionable coverage and reffing.

Imo if they did 3 min rounds, Taylor gasses herself out and Cameron stops her 
    I had to keep checking I was watching the same fight. That knockdown in the first was 100% a knockdown and how Taylor wasn't deducted anything for holding blew my mind but that was about the most partizan crowd for a fight this side of Pacquiao fighting in Manilla. Chantelle Cameron looked stronger the whole fight and Taylor was dead on her feet after a minute of the last 3 rounds. Don't get me wrong Taylor might have shaded it but the commentary and the outright sycophancy by everyone left a bad taste in my mouth. I think the 98-92 needs explaining but it won't be as those sort of cards never are. 

I don’t think Alvarez wants any part of Bemavidez personally 
  • Options
    Jordan Gill stops Michael Conlan in Belfast. Great performance from Gill but tough to see where Conlan goes from here, just no punch resistance.

Some truly awful comms again from Dazn, with Barry Jones' scoring on punditry truly baffling. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Jordan Gill stops Michael Conlan in Belfast. Great performance from Gill but tough to see where Conlan goes from here, just no punch resistance.

Some truly awful comms again from Dazn, with Barry Jones' scoring on punditry truly baffling. 
    Jones is awful. Why they persist with him is beyond me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has anyone got any advice for Joseph Parker ahead of his fight against Deontay Wilder this weekend in Saudi Arabia?  Watch out for his right hand might be a good start.

In Parker’s favour perhaps is Wilder’s inactivity.  He has only had one fight since getting knocked out by Tyson Fury over two years ago.

Parker is shorter but heavier and the better boxer (hopefully).
  • Options
    Has anyone got any advice for Joseph Parker ahead of his fight against Deontay Wilder this weekend in Saudi Arabia?  Watch out for his right hand might be a good start.

In Parker’s favour perhaps is Wilder’s inactivity.  He has only had one fight since getting knocked out by Tyson Fury over two years ago.

Parker is durable. Wilder is not.

Parker KO’s him late on for me.
  • Options
    Wilder will put Joe to sleep, Parker is a decent boxer and I don't say that patronisingly he was a world champ and I thought had an argument to have won the Joshua fight as Joshua hardly landed a glove on him, he got run through by Joyce but that can happen to anyone seemingly without a real thump of a punch to deter Joyce. However, I don't believe he has the power to trouble Wilder and at some stage will get within range of one of Wilders sidewinders and that will be that 

Decent card, Jay Opetaia v Ellis Zorro is an intriguing fight, Opetaia has a good claim for best cruiserweight on the planet but Zorro is no patsy, maybe taking the fight a bit too soon but he is 31 so can't really turn down opportunities like this. 
  • Options

Parker is durable. Wilder is not.

Parker KO’s him late on for me.
    he'll need to be, Wilder is probably still a one punch and goodnight merchant .. Parker seems to be a bit of a 'go to' man for comeback title hopefuls 
  • Options
    Joshua v Wilder is the fight I would have liked to see. 
  • Options
    Wilder insists that Joshua is too scared to fight him, probably trickling his pride in the vain hope of a match
  • Options
    Wilder v Joshua = Joshua gets knocked out.

Fury v Joshua = Joshua gets knocked out 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Wilder insists that Joshua is too scared to fight him, probably trickling his pride in the vain hope of a match
    I thought it was all but certain to be next if they both win tomorrow, whenever Eddie or Frank have talked about it, it's seemed that way.
  • Options
    Eddie Hearn has denied that Joshua and Wilder have signed a two fight deal should both win on Saturday.
  • Options
    I like parker, but think that one ends within 6... dont think he has enough power to stop wilder and he gets hit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    I thought it was all but certain to be next if they both win tomorrow, whenever Eddie or Frank have talked about it, it's seemed that way.
    all the pre fight chat and hype makes us look forward to the fight even more .. IF it is agreed and takes place of course
  • Options
    Eddie Hearn has denied that Joshua and Wilder have signed a two fight deal should both win on Saturday.
    Looks like Joshua has his ducking boots on. 
  • Options
    What times are these fights expected to happen?
  • Options
    What times are these fights expected to happen?
    Quite soon now for wilder  v Parker. 
  • Options
    Daniel Dubois up next against Jarrell Miller. Wilder v Parker due 22:35 and Joshua v Wallin scheduled for 23:45.

• Options
    Daniel Dubois up next against Jarrell Miller. Wilder v Parker due 22:35 and Joshua v Wallin scheduled for 23:45.

Take that back. They switched the order. Just the two main events to go.
  • Options
    First round Parker v Wilder. Don’t think a punch was thrown!!!
  • Options
    Congrats to Lennon Lewis for playing Uncle Phil in the new Fresh Prince of Bel Air!
  • Options
    First round Parker v Wilder. Don’t think a punch was thrown!!!
    2nd wasn’t any better