Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Discussing this with my mates, BJS is decent, don't like him but rate him, but against Canelo? Can't see him getting half way through.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Discussing this with my mates, BJS is decent, don't like him but rate him, but against Canelo? Can't see him getting half way through.
    I think Alvarez could, could be the perfect Saunders opponent. I watched his fight back on youtube sunday morning and he stunk the place out. Wild is how I'd best describe it. Maybe that was his plan, look terrible and persuade Alvarez and his people to sign up for the fight pronto. 

Billy Joe Saunders is a tough, tough boy and one of the most gifted boxers we have ever produced. However he goes from performances like the one against Lemiuex to that one 48 hours ago. If he turns up well prepared, confident and on his game I could see him beating Alvarez. I don't think he could knock alvarez out though and he'd have to do that to get a draw in America 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    McBobbin said:
    I think Alvarez could, could be the perfect Saunders opponent. I watched his fight back on youtube sunday morning and he stunk the place out. Wild is how I'd best describe it. Maybe that was his plan, look terrible and persuade Alvarez and his people to sign up for the fight pronto. 

Billy Joe Saunders is a tough, tough boy and one of the most gifted boxers we have ever produced. However he goes from performances like the one against Lemiuex to that one 48 hours ago. If he turns up well prepared, confident and on his game I could see him beating Alvarez. I don't think he could knock alvarez out though and he'd have to do that to get a draw in America 
    Have to say I can't imagine it being booked, but it would be a good fight. I wonder where Billy Joe's head is these days
  • Options
    Canello too big for BJS imo totally wrong fight for him 
  • Options
    Canello too big for BJS imo totally wrong fight for him 
    100 % correct 
  • Options
    Just seen that Ruiz v Joshua 2 PPV price will be £24.95

And having gone up to that, probably seems unlikely it will come back down to below £20 in the future (which in itself was an increase from the original £16.95).

• Options
    Just seen that Ruiz v Joshua 2 PPV price will be £24.95

And having gone up to that, probably seems unlikely it will come back down to below £20 in the future (which in itself was an increase from the original £16.95).

That is depressingly predictable 

At 16.95 or even 20 quid which for a sky subscription already in place is already an unwelcome chunk on the bill but you can swallow it when there is a bad show
     Hearn and sky can fucking do one now. I will end up doing what tons of my friends do and find an IPTV service or I just wont bother. All the subscription services diving into the market now will find the same thing, already the new star wars tv show is the most pirated tv programme ever and when you look up the previous amounts of piracy for game of thrones that is a lot of missed revenue. 

Hearn always used the comparison of PPV in the states being so high at 75 dollars so the value was in his one sided crapathons now his price (even though he will blame sky) is creeping up to US levels and it will catch it soon 

• Options
    No way I'm paying that, no way. I've bought PPVs in the past, but not for that price
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Hearn is a money grabbing 
    I hate the prick 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Our boy @LewSmith94 is boxing at York Hall tonight.

EDIT: At least I thought he was. Can't see him on the card.

http://www.goodwinboxing.co.uk/events/post/feel-the-force/

FURTHER EDIT: He's boxing somewhere

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched Dilmaghani and Fonseca. Great fight
  • Options
    He won. Well done Lew
  • Options
    He won. Well done Lew
    Great news! Well done Lew!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    I see Dillon Phillips was there watching him last night too.

edit: just took a proper look at that pic ffs 
  • Options
    Quality that... must admit I never knew about this guy but will definitely keep an eye out for him in the future. 
  • Options
    shout for @nth london addick and @Brunello in there too

I'm looking to get along to one of his fights soon. It is brilliant going to fights with proper support for fighters especially one of our own
  • Options
    Seems like a nice lad.  Good luck to him
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Just seen Ohara Davies and Mckenna haven’t been drawn against each other which would’ve made for an entertaining matchup given their beef. Hope we get to see it at some stage, I’m sure at one point OD will get exposed again and I for one cannot wait to see it.

I’m backing Mimoune for the tournament, I think he’s fought at a higher level than any of these guys and could count later on.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Just seen Ohara Davies and Mckenna haven’t been drawn against each other which would’ve made for an entertaining matchup given their beef. Hope we get to see it at some stage, I’m sure at one point OD will get exposed again and I for one cannot wait to see it.

I’m backing Mimoune for the tournament, I think he’s fought at a higher level than any of these guys and could count later on.  

That's Friday nights TV sorted
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-rzHJz9cA

Really worth a watch if you haven't done so already.

• Options
    John Ryder is doing himself proud here against Smith. Busted Smiths face up a bit and doing exactly what a shorter fighter should do against someone as tall as Smith

I've got him 4 rounds up 
  • Options
    5 2 to Ryder 

He's boxing very well
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Smith doesn’t seem to be able to use his jab at all so far, Ryder been able to just come and fight on the inside as he pleases.

Really disappointed with Smith here... somebody I rate very highly but seems off tonight. 
  • Options
    Smith is going to get a wonky decision here. He's won 3 rounds Ryder 6 

He needs to hope John Ryder gets very tired very quickly. 
  • Options
    Smith is losing this I can smell a bent home town decision coming here. Smith has hardly landed his jab and is offering nothing up close 

I think Smith might be finally too big for 168 now and Ryder is the antidote to a tall levery fighter like Smith 
  • Options
    If Ryder doesnt win this its fixed

Ryder has eased to victory here.

Lets hope Judges dont bottle it
  • Options
    I only switched on after round six but Ryder is well ahead on the bit I’ve seen. 
  • Options
    They’ll call this a draw.