Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Question of Sport Tonight

2»

Comments

• Options

PL54 said:

Were there any questions about inverted wingers, late substitutions or reasons for getting sacked (twice) ?

Congratulations it's taken quite a while but you are seriously pissing me off now.
    Ker-ching
  • Options
    Just to let you know it's being repeated now just in case you didn't get enough of SCP first time round. See ya laters :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Sam lloyd said:

Just to let you know it's being repeated now just in case you didn't get enough of SCP first time round. See ya laters :-)

Another dose of Matt Dawson - life doesn't get much better than that.
  • Options
    What an absolute pleasure to see Chris Powell on a Question of Sport. It means he isn't training our first Team or sat in our dugout.

The quality of football and entertainment since he left has been well, quite outstanding. The same Players yet so much more confidence and attacking play.

Chris, 'home or away question?'. He has found his vocation.

• Options
    Yawwwnnnn
  • Options
    edited March 2016

What an absolute pleasure to see Chris Powell on a Question of Sport. It means he isn't training our first Team or sat in our dugout.

The quality of football and entertainment since he left has been well, quite outstanding. The same Players yet so much more confidence and attacking play.

Without doubt the strangest comment I have ever read on CL ( and we have Millwall and Sheff Wednesday fans posting on here! ). You spent five minutes to come on here and make a comment like that? Do you spend a lot of time brown nosing Borussia Dortmunds fans on their forum regarding your man love for your current manager?
  • Options
    They're not even performing that much better in results terms...
  • Options

I know he is trying to wind people up but most Hudds fan did not rate Powell as a manager. My mate raves about their new manager and does honestly say the football is 10x better
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Were there any questions about inverted wingers, late substitutions or reasons for getting sacked (twice) ?

Haha...that does bring back memories.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks for the update. Made my weekend.
  • Options

I know he is trying to wind people up but most Hudds fan did not rate Powell as a manager. My mate raves about their new manager and does honestly say the football is 10x better
    Wagner isn't it? He was better on the X-factor.

• Options
    PL54 said:

No, but there were some about England caps, being a club legend, record points hauls and finishing 9th in the Championship on a tin pot budget.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Without doubt the strangest comment I have ever read on CL ( and we have Millwall and Sheff Wednesday fans posting on here! ). You spent five minutes to come on here and make a comment like that? Do you spend a lot of time brown nosing Borussia Dortmunds fans on their forum regarding your man love for your current manager?
    Oh lighten up a bit for goodness sake!. And for the record and it is worth noting also that I did not post once post our home match against you this season to show some respect and humility.

Look, in all seriousness, Powell can and did grind results out for us and to his credit he did that for us last season, fair play to him. Okay, it was utter shite to watch, but it depends what you want out of your match-day experience.

I personally have always believed we had / have better Players than we were seeing under Powell and Wagner is showing us now that this is the case. Casing point being an attacking (yes attacking) Midfielder we have called Joe Lolley, unplayable he is a times and a first Team regular, just brilliant and a contender for Player of the Season, even though he missed the start of it as Powell wouldn't play him. He we sent out on loan at Scunthorpe at the start of the season (much to the displeasure of all of us who could see how good a Player he was in the cameo 4 minute substitute appearances he did get under Powell when we were 3 0 down and before he went on loan).

Wagner is also blooding youngsters from our lauded Academy where reserve and development Teams are winning leagues that include Premier League Clubs (Powell wouldn't play the youngsters) and importantly we are having a real pop at every Team we play (this above all is the key, key point for me). Yes we are getting beat and we will get beat more at this level with the quality of Teams we are up against. But Teams are having to beat us now, our defensive approach from the off being a thing of the past (Only three Teams in the division have scored more goals than us in the division, however, we are also conceding).

Look, we are a small Club in a league full of much, much bigger Clubs than us (with all their parachute payments) and the struggle for us to try and survive at this level becomes harder and harder and this season is no different. The only way we can try and do it is by unearthing gems from our Academy, playing them, selling our best Players to fund a few (hopefully) shrewd signings elsewhere and importantly maximising performance and getting every last % from the Players we have on our books. Our brand of football is also the best I have seen at our Club for over 30 years (and this has everything to do with Wagner who unfortunately we will not be able to hang on to when inevitably at some point a bigger Club comes calling). All I can wish for is his footballing philosophy / legacy is engrained in to the Club as his legacy, high-tempo, high-energy attacking football.

I know things aren't going too well for you Guys right now and all credit to all of you who are fighting to get the identity of your Club back. I completely get how important that is. RD though seems to be a stubborn individual and I feel the more you fight, the harder he is digging his heels in. I don't know what the answer is and what more you can do?. I suppose hope a consortium comes in that makes him an offer he cannot turn down. Keep going though, you will get your Club back and as we know, the fortunes of Clubs are cyclical, the good times will return to the Valley and times like this will make it even sweeter when they do......

• Options
    Got no problem with you comments LBTF. I love CP and everything he done for this football club, but he is not without criticism, and I've read many similar comments to yours from other Huddersfield fans.
  • Options

Got no problem with you comments LBTF. I love CP and everything he done for this football club, but he is not without criticism, and I've read many similar comments to yours from other Huddersfield fans.

Agree. He's a top bloke and Charlton through and through but he is no way a great manager in certain aspects.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Congratulations it's taken quite a while but you are seriously pissing me off now.
    He's never pissed me off, I just find his constant sniping to be boring.
  • Options

PL54 said:

He's never pissed me off, I just find his constant sniping to be boring.
    I have a build in filter that only bothers to reads his comments if they are longer than 2 lines and don't end in a question mark, there is a human in there somewhere.......
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Oh lighten up a bit for goodness sake!. And for the record and it is worth noting also that I did not post once post our home match against you this season to show some respect and humility.

Look, in all seriousness, Powell can and did grind results out for us and to his credit he did that for us last season, fair play to him. Okay, it was utter shite to watch, but it depends what you want out of your match-day experience.

I personally have always believed we had / have better Players than we were seeing under Powell and Wagner is showing us now that this is the case. Casing point being an attacking (yes attacking) Midfielder we have called Joe Lolley, unplayable he is a times and a first Team regular, just brilliant and a contender for Player of the Season, even though he missed the start of it as Powell wouldn't play him. He we sent out on loan at Scunthorpe at the start of the season (much to the displeasure of all of us who could see how good a Player he was in the cameo 4 minute substitute appearances he did get under Powell when we were 3 0 down and before he went on loan).

Wagner is also blooding youngsters from our lauded Academy where reserve and development Teams are winning leagues that include Premier League Clubs (Powell wouldn't play the youngsters) and importantly we are having a real pop at every Team we play (this above all is the key, key point for me). Yes we are getting beat and we will get beat more at this level with the quality of Teams we are up against. But Teams are having to beat us now, our defensive approach from the off being a thing of the past (Only three Teams in the division have scored more goals than us in the division, however, we are also conceding).

Look, we are a small Club in a league full of much, much bigger Clubs than us (with all their parachute payments) and the struggle for us to try and survive at this level becomes harder and harder and this season is no different. The only way we can try and do it is by unearthing gems from our Academy, playing them, selling our best Players to fund a few (hopefully) shrewd signings elsewhere and importantly maximising performance and getting every last % from the Players we have on our books. Our brand of football is also the best I have seen at our Club for over 30 years (and this has everything to do with Wagner who unfortunately we will not be able to hang on to when inevitably at some point a bigger Club comes calling). All I can wish for is his footballing philosophy / legacy is engrained in to the Club as his legacy, high-tempo, high-energy attacking football.

I know things aren't going too well for you Guys right now and all credit to all of you who are fighting to get the identity of your Club back. I completely get how important that is. RD though seems to be a stubborn individual and I feel the more you fight, the harder he is digging his heels in. I don't know what the answer is and what more you can do?. I suppose hope a consortium comes in that makes him an offer he cannot turn down. Keep going though, you will get your Club back and as we know, the fortunes of Clubs are cyclical, the good times will return to the Valley and times like this will make it even sweeter when they do......

No need for me to lighten up old chap. I thought you were being a little bit disrespectful to one of our better players/managers. And I have read plenty of your other posts moaning about him on here. You were noticeably absent when you were doing well with CP!! And I would not have been bothered if you came on here after you beat us in your last visit to us in the league as we have been crap for pretty much most of the season.
  • Options

1StevieG said:

More importantly, how is the 753 unbeaten match run going?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched about 20 minutes of it tonight, for the first time in years. Couldn't stand any more, it was appalling.  I was going to ask if it's always this bad, but I see it's the end of series 'Special' made up of all the 'best bits'. If that's the best, how bad does it get?
  • Options
    It's bloody awful.