Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League One

Comments

• Options
    ChiAddick said:

Its so heavily northern weighted. Only 6/24 teams are currently south of Birmingham. Millwall, Swindon, Southend, colchester, Coventry, Gillingham. Not looking forward to it at all.

It's the Manchester & District League. I thought we'd left it behind.

Pinocchio is in for a shock. No easy journey to the likes of Bury, Rochdale, Oldham & Scunthorpe, let alone Fleetwood. No direct trains from London. I'd encourage the boss to sell up.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Tutt-Tutt said:

ChiAddick said:

Its so heavily northern weighted. Only 6/24 teams are currently south of Birmingham. Millwall, Swindon, Southend, colchester, Coventry, Gillingham. Not looking forward to it at all.

Pinocchio is in for a shock. No easy journey to the likes of Bury, Rochdale, Oldham & Scunthorpe, let alone Fleetwood. No direct trains from London. I'd encourage the boss to sell up.
    Change at Crewe !

Katrien can have a Word with Dario about the bonus scheme for head coaches when the teenagers are sold.

• Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

ChiAddick said:

Change at Crewe !

Katrien can have a Word with Dario about the bonus scheme for head coaches when the teenagers are sold.

Can't see her getting the Tram back into Manchester from Bury, Rochdale & Oldham, with all those nasty Charlton customers. Perhaps the Spurs cabbie could pick her up.
  • Options
    Northampton
    Bristol
    Oxford
    Pompey
    Gills
    Southend
    Millwall
    2 trips to Blackpool
    Peterborough
    Coventry
    Swindon
    Sheffield Utd

Some good away days in there for those that can still be arsed
  • Options
    The worse thing will be being in a lower division than Millwall.
  • Options
    The worse thing will be in a division, two below Palace.
  • Options
    The best thing:
    You can leave home later to go to home games as there will be no queues to get in
    KM and RM can hear you abuse her from your seat, wherever you sit in the ground
    We may get a shot on target during a game
    We can stop bringing in old useless players like RJ and just bring in the under 18 players
    We will not have players signed by the club playing on loan abroad, (hopefully all their contracts will have run out or RD pay them off)
    You will not see our midweek goals in the league on Sky
    KM will stop saying, we are trying to stay in the Shampionship
    We will not get any publicity from the press when we sink into League 2
    By about January, JJ could be our 3rd head coach of the season
    We will be in Cat 1 for the youth team, but no young players will want to join us
    RM will still say: "I have faith in RD and KM, they know what they are doing, why would they want to run the club into the ground"

I'm H A P P Y, I'm H A P P Y, I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm H A P P Y
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Godstone said:

ross1 said:

Swisdom said:

Maybe Roland wants us to get relegated so he can continue to loan us network players.

Then he can say "My network players got you promoted. See - I am a visionary after all"

No, he wants us relegated so we can get down to the standard of his network players. If we drop into Division 2, he should be able to bring in his network players and they will fit in
    Which makes it even more odd that we let Polish Pete go. He would have ripped League 2 (DIV.4) up.
    Duh - we have a £700k buy back clause in his contract

• Options
    edited March 2016

At least there will be a bit of daylight between us and our new rivals - Bromley
  • Options
    The thing that gets to me the most is that Burton effing Albion are going to pass us on the way down. Just shows how far we've fallen ....
  • Options

tgarrat1 said:

Since ive supported us we've been a lot worse, but never have we lacked so much identity, leadership or passion... I feel absolutely no connection to 95% of the players / staff / execs!

How can you not feel an affinity with local lads such as Reza Ghoochannejhad?
    It's a common surname in Woolwich..

*ducks for cover*
  • Options

I hate league one. Real fans? Give me a break, most of these Mickey Mouse clubs are people's second teams. Leyton Orient and Millwall especially. Also fewer and fewer terraces, although I think Fletwood has one? Hopefully Bristol Rovers go up.

Millwall people's second team??? Lol. Utter nonsense. Gillingham you'd be right. A lot of their fans are Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U fans first (but never go) and gillingham second (but always go to watch gills, confused bunch). As for us, if you're Millwall, then you're Millwall, end of.
  • Options
    In all the 35+ years I've been going to Millwall, out of all the hundreds of Millwall fans I've met, I've never met anyone who has Millwall as their 'second team'.
    In fact, I'd say Charlton have far more of this second team rubbish than we ever had. I've met a few people who 'support' one of the bigger clubs (but only watch them on Sky) but used to go to Charlton during your prem years because of cheap tickets and the chance to watch top flight football live. One of my customers and his son even had season tickets at The valley for a couple of seasons and they're staunch Newcastle fans!
    I went to a game at the valley once as a neutral, v Blackburn (don't ask, long story, dullest night of my life). I was on one of the divvy buses from Kent, and chatting to People on there a good lump of them said they didn't support Charlton, but Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U etc, they only went to watch Charlton for the reason given above.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited March 2016
  • Options

In all the 35+ years I've been going to Millwall, out of all the hundreds of Millwall fans I've met, I've never met anyone who has Millwall as their 'second team'.
    In fact, I'd say Charlton have far more of this second team rubbish than we ever had. I've met a few people who 'support' one of the bigger clubs (but only watch them on Sky) but used to go to Charlton during your prem years because of cheap tickets and the chance to watch top flight football live. One of my customers and his son even had season tickets at The valley for a couple of seasons and they're staunch Newcastle fans!
    I went to a game at the valley once as a neutral, v Blackburn (don't ask, long story, dullest night of my life). I was on one of the divvy buses from Kent, and chatting to People on there a good lump of them said they didn't support Charlton, but Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U etc, they only went to watch Charlton for the reason given above.

As long as they pay and do not keep Charlton supporters from going, who cares
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IA said:

Aren't I pretty. :blush:
  • Options

At least there will be a bit of daylight between us and our new rivals - Bromley
    Same amount of leagues inbetween palace and Bromley, if the nigels stay up that is.
  • Options
    IA said:

Haha, actually knew I was taking the bait but still felt impelled to respond.
  • Options
    Just be grateful that we'll be in League One and not Division 3...
  • Options

I presume relegation also means 'The Johnstones paint trophy'!!!!!!, god help us all!!

& the FA Cup first round! Great!!
  • Options

I presume relegation also means 'The Johnstones paint trophy'!!!!!!, god help us all!!

Be great to get our revenge on Northwich Victoria.
  • Options

Be great to get our revenge on Northwich Victoria.
    We won't need to rely on cup games to play them soon...
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    tgarrat1 said:

Since ive supported us we've been a lot worse, but never have we lacked so much identity, leadership or passion... I feel absolutely no connection to 95% of the players / staff / execs!

Spot on.