Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Lapslie - Charlton fan

edited March 2016 in General Charlton
On the OS:

George Lapslie is determined to be one of the club’s next academy products to make the breakthrough to first-team football.

The youngster, a Charlton supporter, grabbed the Addicks’ second goal as they overcame Ebbsfleet United to reach the final of the Kent Senior Cup on Tuesday night.

And Lapslie says that mixing it and training with senior stars that were once in his position gives him all the motivation he needs to keep pushing for his chance.

“I’ve come and watched our games since I was a young kid, so I’ve always dreamt and been motivated to work really hard to try and get into the first team,” he said.

“Hopefully with night’s like Tuesday I can keep proving myself to try and move closer to it.

“I travelled with the first team to Colchester in the FA Cup and I am hoping for more chances like that to come my way. I am realistic and know that maybe next year is my year to try and push my way in.

“When you look at Charlton, you’ve got people like Diego, Callum, Jordan and so many more. All good players that have come through the ranks and got their chance. It is all motivation for me.”

The club’s U18s captain added to Cristian Ceballos’ stunning opening goal by converting from close range, having played a neat one-two with Zak Ansah.

And, after setting up a final against Dartford, Lapslie wants the Addicks to defend the trophy that they lifted last season.

He said: “It’s great to get through to the final. We won it last year and we want to continue that run.

“A lot of the boys have all grown up playing together and we have all got that winning mentality. It would be wicked to get some silverware if we can.

“I thrived on playing alongside some of our of experienced players too and I want to be playing in men’s football. Games like Tuesday give me the opportunity to get used to that.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-george-lapslie-kent-senior-cup-3010904.aspx#J29xAmhiGCDg8m5E.99

Comments

• Options
    Good luck lad. You'll have uncle Roland drooling over you in no time!
  • Options
    Is he on transfermarkt yet?
  • Options

Audio of the interview is on this week's Big Match Preview podcast from Charlton Live if you want to hear it.
  • Options
    "training with senior stars"...................where does this kid train?
  • Options

"training with senior stars"...................where does this kid train?

A retirement home for actors???
  • Options
    Nice interview with him... Didnt realise he was released by Chelsea though - Shows how much Football has changed though when you choose to be a welder rather than Footballer
  • Options
    Phillips aside, our best player at Accrington.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Cobblers:

The Northampton Town team were still in shock after +5 on Bristol Rovers and winning 3-1 and then hearing that Rovers had win 7-0 and went straight up on goals scored over the season.

They couldn't move on from that unbelievable situation.

Well done George who I felt deserved a contract at Cafc as the water carrier(important role as Bradley Pritchard proved for a couple of seasons) and also because he could also play in two positions including RB and has a great engine. 
    It wasn't to be and George Lapslie went where he was wanted and that is the life of a Professional Footballer.
  • Options
    Happy to not have to play Northampton next season. Dull as it gets.
  • Options
    Cobblers:

The Northampton Town team were still in shock after +5 on Bristol Rovers and winning 3-1 and then hearing that Rovers had win 7-0 and went straight up on goals scored over the season.

They couldn't move on from that unbelievable situation.

Well done George who I felt deserved a contract at Cafc as the water carrier(important role as Bradley Pritchard proved for a couple of seasons) and also because he could also play in two positions including RB and has a great engine. 
    It wasn't to be and George Lapslie went where he was wanted and that is the life of a Professional Footballer.
    To be brutal, he went to somewhere more his level. He'll have a steady career, and good luck to him, but he hasn't really shown at Mansfield to suggest he should be at a higher level