Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ever wondered what Shay Given made of our protests?

2»

Comments

• Rossman92 said:

Shay is from Donegal and is Catholic and it's probably not the thing to mock in his eyes, he didn't seem to have a problem with the beach balls.

I'm catholic too and you don't see me bitching
    Yes because every Catholic is the same!!!! Just like every protestant and also all Muslims.
    My point exactly
  • Rossman92 said:

Rossman92 said:

Shay is from Donegal and is Catholic and it's probably not the thing to mock in his eyes, he didn't seem to have a problem with the beach balls.

Yes because every Catholic is the same!!!! Just like every protestant and also all Muslims.
    My point exactly
    The op said probably and didn't point it out as gospel truth because Shay Given is Catholic.
  • Has anyone told him that we didn't actually sacrifice anybody and the coffin was empty?....................

I thought it contained our ref for the day....Mr Deadman.
  • Rossman92 said:

Rossman92 said:

My point exactly
    The op said probably and didn't point it out as gospel truth because Shay Given is Catholic.
    I'm a left footer also, I followed the coffin down the road, some of my family would share the thinking as Shay, others would think it was gas.
  • What would he know about us.....nothing.
  • edited March 2016

What the f_ck has it got to do with him?

Jog on Shay there's a good lad.

That's like saying "Whats it got to do with James Cordon," when he tweeted support against the regime. Shay Given is clearly a football man and deserves his opinion. It could be that he hasn't done much research and thats why he's chose to say that. There wasn't many quotes written above and could be as someone pointed out that he may have found the funeral a bit distasteful. For whatever reason and right or wrong we shouldnt dismiss people's opinions and question their right to offer one just because its something we disagree with. Shay Givens got as much right to voice his opinion as has a an West Ham supporting Actor.
    Thanks for the heads up. Apologies, won't happen again I promise.
  • iamdan said:

^^ why is he offering an opinion with media without researching?

I'm not saying he hasn't researched I'm saying he might not of. He could have been facing the media about various other things. I'd be very surprised if he contacted the newshopper wanting to vent his opinion.
    It may well be true that he might not have researched the situation here, but if that's the case the correct response to a question about the situation is surely "I don't know enough about it to make a comment", is it not? I would hope anyone making a comment in our favour would also have done his/her homework. On second thoughts, any dig at the Rat and Pinocchio is fine, researched or not.
  • Rossman92 said:

I'm glad you didn't include Greek Orthodox in that list, they're well known for their schisms, and don't get me started on the Russian Orthodox.
  • In tomorrow's News Shopper, Bobby Mimms voices his concerns about Britain's potential exit from the EU and Thomas Sorensen talks carpet underlay - do's and don'ts

Great. I'm laying a new carpet at the weekend, I'll have to get the newsagent to reserve me a copy.
  • I wonder what Shay Given made of my opinion of him.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Has anyone told him that we didn't actually sacrifice anybody and the coffin was empty?....................

I thought it contained our ref for the day....Mr Deadman.
    Surely it was the chance of Boro's automatic promotion.
  • “They are clearly unhappy for whatever reason but it’s a big ask to move out an owner and there must be different avenues they can use to get their message across.”

So you don't know and haven't bothered to find out the multitude of reasons why, yet still comment? The definition of ignorance.
  • “They are clearly unhappy for whatever reason but it’s a big ask to move out an owner and there must be different avenues they can use to get their message across.”

So you don't know and haven't bothered to find out the multitude of reasons why, yet still comment? The definition of ignorance.

Sadly, if ex/current professional footballers were renowned for their intellectual rigour, we wouldn't be quite so amazed at the TV performances of the few good pundits. Frankly, Given has about as much interest and knowledge about us as we have about Hartlepool. It would have been incredible if he had demonstrated awareness.
  • I thought the issue with shay Given was we didn't go on the piss
    for a few days after the funeral.
    Plus it was more of a humanist Service than a Catholic Wake. Some of the top people on CL are Atheist.
    We ain't scared of a man made creation.
    We know every day could be our last.
    Keep laughing and don't be Pious.
    Peace and love.
  • edited March 2016
    Just wondering what Given's thoughts are on tampon tax being scrapped.
  • The Tangent that is Charlton Life ?

From coffins to Tampax tax in 2 pages.

a Juxtaposition of surreal esoteric thoughts.

• iamdan said:

^^ why is he offering an opinion with media without researching?

I'm not saying he hasn't researched I'm saying he might not of. He could have been facing the media about various other things. I'd be very surprised if he contacted the newshopper wanting to vent his opinion.
    It may well be true that he might not have researched the situation here, but if that's the case the correct response to a question about the situation is surely "I don't know enough about it to make a comment", is it not? I would hope anyone making a comment in our favour would also have done his/her homework. On second thoughts, any dig at the Rat and Pinocchio is fine, researched or not.
    He might have started it with I don't know the ins and outs etc. The new shopper clearly wouldn't write it all. He's someone who's clearly interested in media/punditry so he's not going to decline to comment on stuff he doesn't know enough about.
  • Released by Stoke.
  • Released by Stoke.

Ever wondered when Shay Given would be released by Stoke... No, me neither.
  • Sponsored links:

• As an Ireland supporter I hope he retires. He's so far past it.
    He was a great keeper 5 years ago, now he's just mates with a bunch of people in football.
  • Given .. a quoter looking for a home .. just shut t f up
  • Maybe a coffin release would be appreciated by him.