Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sponsors Meeting

Comments

• mogodon said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The training ground is impressive. Katrien was there. Tony Keohane was there. Keith Peacock was there and Ravi was there. Mel Baroni was there and Felicity (Fizz) Waller (Head of Commercial) was there.

I'm sure someone will say they should be at the ground doing something else but that's because they can't win regardless of what they do.

It's a good day and a nice insight into the club we all support. If you don't want to go then don't but it's unfair to slate the club for trying to do something we have wanted them to do - communicate!

But it isn't communication, it's a sales pitch to corporate sponsors and hospitality "customers" ie the bigger spending fans they desperately need to keep having pissed off most of the others.

She isn't going on record and as usual she surrounds herself with human shields.

Sure, some the guests will also ask difficult questions and be as pissed off as most but this is not about real communication. She was shocked to be asked difficult questions by me 14 addick yesterday.

And all this in the context of rant gate and other lies.
    I wouldn't say shocked is the right word. She was answering the questions as they were asked but Keith Peacock stepped in to say this is not what the day is intended for. Even those who asked the difficult questions were unanimous in stating the language and personal comments aimed at Katrien were totally out of order. Business is one thing but the name calling is not only childish but some of if downright disgusting.

The invite is standard a part of the purchase of a season ticket in one of the hospitality suites so it is not a buttering up exercise - they do it every year this is just the first chance I have had to attend.

I also recommended they open it up to the slightly wider collective as it really is worthwhile - we'll see if it happens.

Still frustrating that she will speak to those with cash (even if only damage limitation, which is excusable) but nobody senior at the club will try the same with fans. Is she hoping that the scrum will dutifully do as they are told when corporate sponsors and hospitality customers come away singing the regime's praises?
    First rule of empire building, divide and conquer....

That said, I have nothing against spending big on these facilities, it's long term planning that should be the norm - provided a similar approach is taken to the team, prioritised even (forgive me if I feel that the regime has managed to get things arse about face).

All the progress shows is that the ambition is not to produce a successful club side but a high turnover puppy farm of young talent.

I'm a cynic, I know.
    It is not that cynical, it's what happened at Liege. Selling really good young players who Roland claimed were not good enough (funny how they were good enough for the side before offers came in) then replaced with worse.

If Roland doesn't historically do change, what else can one expect?
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The training ground is impressive. Katrien was there. Tony Keohane was there. Keith Peacock was there and Ravi was there. Mel Baroni was there and Felicity (Fizz) Waller (Head of Commercial) was there.

I'm sure someone will say they should be at the ground doing something else but that's because they can't win regardless of what they do.

It's a good day and a nice insight into the club we all support. If you don't want to go then don't but it's unfair to slate the club for trying to do something we have wanted them to do - communicate!

But it isn't communication, it's a sales pitch to corporate sponsors and hospitality "customers" ie the bigger spending fans they desperately need to keep having pissed off most of the others.

She isn't going on record and as usual she surrounds herself with human shields.

Sure, some the guests will also ask difficult questions and be as pissed off as most but this is not about real communication. She was shocked to be asked difficult questions by me 14 addick yesterday.

I wouldn't say shocked is the right word. She was answering the questions as they were asked but Keith Peacock stepped in to say this is not what the day is intended for. Even those who asked the difficult questions were unanimous in stating the language and personal comments aimed at Katrien were totally out of order. Business is one thing but the name calling is not only childish but some of if downright disgusting.

The invite is standard a part of the purchase of a season ticket in one of the hospitality suites so it is not a buttering up exercise - they do it every year this is just the first chance I have had to attend.

I also recommended they open it up to the slightly wider collective as it really is worthwhile - we'll see if it happens.

The difference this year was that we were accompanied by all the SMT. Last year it was just Keith Peacock & Ravi and a Q & A session with Tony Watt & Stephen Henderson.
    Thanks for that.

As I say desperate and so going OTT with the human shields
  • edited March 2016
    At the moment under the current shambolic regime, what possible benefit is it to any sponsor or hospitality box client to associate their name &/or business with this version of Charlton Athletic?

I would hope that all sponsors/hospitality box holders take a long hard look at the rationale in funding Roland & his empire of ineptitude.
  • Dansk_Red said:

PARTNERS EVENT THURSDAY 24TH MARCH:

"Please can you confirm your availability on Thursday 24th March

I would like to Invite you to the Partners event, this will include training ground visit and then back to the Valley for lunch.

You will accompanied by senior management team ( CEO, COO, CFO, Head of Commercial and head of Comms & Richard Murry ) (not my typo nor poor grammar but CAFC's)

Arrival time will be 10am (training ground), You will see the progress of the new training ground development and watch some of the training.

You will then head over to the Valley for 12:30pm for spot of lunch".

Do they specify the dress code?
    You're thinking what i'm thinking....... what will data techniques wear?!
  • Rob7Lee said:

Dansk_Red said:

I would like to Invite you to the Partners event, this will include training ground visit and then back to the Valley for lunch.

You will accompanied by senior management team ( CEO, COO, CFO, Head of Commercial and head of Comms & Richard Murry ) (not my typo nor poor grammar but CAFC's)

Arrival time will be 10am (training ground), You will see the progress of the new training ground development and watch some of the training.

Something like that:-)
  • And I'd love to go and see the training ground but I haven't been invited for some reason.

Last time I went I was called a criminal in front of my son by Katrien for suggesting she answer her emails and communicate with fans. That is the real Katrien Meire.

That's a very unique thing to say to a customer.
    Very weird
  • Swisdom said:

Been to a few of these, I agree the plans are impressive but not hard considering what we have at present and absolutely nothing compared to many premier league teams.

However there is still a very long way to go before they are complete.

I do feel for KP, he must be so pissed off with the arseholes running the club he loves as much as the supporters.

I also agree that at this time of the year these turn into a hard sell for next seasons ticketing/sponsorship.
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

The difference this year was that we were accompanied by all the SMT. Last year it was just Keith Peacock & Ravi and a Q & A session with Tony Watt & Stephen Henderson.
    Thanks for that.

Mel wasn't at the club last year. Felicity wasn't here. Tony Keohane wasn't here.

Maybe just maybe we are trying something different.....as requested....

• Sounds like a sensible thing to be doing and well done to the management for going and having a go at the questions.

If more of this was done it would help.

I personally think the gulf has grown to wide now and definitely Katrien needs to go. Loyalty from Roland here is misplaced.

I want Roland to sell. I am afraid he won't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Incidentally Johnnie Jackson was asked if all the unrest is affecting the players and he said that it isn't.

Huge point.

To me this reads the players understand the difference.

That's how I would read it as well. When this is all done and dusted (as in new oweners) I'd love to know what the likes of Jacakon really think - he's done very well to keep his mouth shut this long to be honest.
    Did you see his tweet last night about The Statement? The fence is most definitely not being sat on.
    What did he say ?
  • Rob7Lee said:

Dansk_Red said:

Wonder if those legends were invited?
  • Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Thanks for that.

Mel wasn't at the club last year. Felicity wasn't here. Tony Keohane wasn't here.

Tony Keohane was here last year
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Thanks for that.

Shame ;-)
  • We need another COO.

Cuckoo!
  • edited March 2016

We need another COO.

Cuckoo!

Far too many of these running the club already.

The Joker has taken over Arkham Asylum. We need the Batman. Could Peter Varney be Bruce Wayne?
  • I am really pleased that the training ground is up to scratch. Assume it's paid for by means of the swelling debt we have to RD, but still. But while these PR days are welcomed by the few who get to go, I have a sneaking feeling that at the moment most fans/customers would prefer a decent squad, a manager not recycled from previous RD failures, and a CEO who is not a complete liability/embarrassment. When all that's sorted, then start showing off how great things are away from The Valley.
  • I have a belief that Katy won't show up at all, if she does I'll be sure to ask after her health, she don't look well to me, naturally I have a special tie for the occasion!

Hmm, "special tie".

Is that what you call a garotte ?

• Sponsored links:

• JVL said:

For the record, of those people at the training ground hospitality tour, one gentleman rather brilliantly immediately announced that he had been a beach ball thrower and proud of it, another was definitely critical, ME14 asked her hard questions, my wife told her it was wrong of her to not respond to emails, and I said she had presided over a litany of mistakes which she ought to own up to and it was impossible for her to try and blame management instability for our problems when that was entirely of her and M Duchatelet's making. I had written to her three months earlier saying I wasn't renewing my Keith suite packages, shirt sponsorships or mascot packages while the present owner and CEO were in situ, didn't get a dickie bird back.

Only one hospitality regular came out during the chat as a staunch defender of the regime (or at least tried to insist it would hurt the team morale, which Jacko entirely refuted later), and when he called the protests inside the ground "disgraceful", he was clearly outnumbered about 5 to 1 of those to voiced an opinion.

In the Q&A, when Katrien wasn't there, two club personnel referred to the protests as being conducted largely 'in the right way', which I thought was telling.

Good on you.

I think the event may have been partly what caused the outburst later in the evening.

The likes of Duchatelet, Mike Ashley,Lerner,Oyston..etc don't really care for the run of the mill,pie and a programme supporter.

It's the corporate/sponsorship folk that they aim to appease.

A few home truths from the likes of yourself has really put the wind up.

• RedPanda said:

Truth told they do make a few errors

In fewer than 100 words I can spot 14 errors. Again, it reads like someone whose first language isn't English (or perhaps they're keeping the U9 team busy). Pathetic.
    I managed 13... but truly atrocious.

I was just looking for a PDF on my computer though, and discovered a job spec I'd downloaded that was done by CAFC... they'd misspelt "renumeration".

This is basic stuff for any business but Charlton currently seem incapable of putting out any correspondence of any quality. It's rather alarming.
    JohnnyH2 said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Thanks for that.

In what capacity though? Was this when he was - stiffles snigger - running the chip stands before stepping up to his role of COO?
  • Everything looked marvellous, because the Glaswegian Contractors only completed the pitch laying on Sunday morning. They were well pissed come kick off at The Valley.

Nice to know we're getting decent facilities for our 3% debt interest.

The Wonga Walloon.
  • JVL said:

For the record, of those people at the training ground hospitality tour, one gentleman rather brilliantly immediately announced that he had been a beach ball thrower and proud of it, another was definitely critical, ME14 asked her hard questions, my wife told her it was wrong of her to not respond to emails, and I said she had presided over a litany of mistakes which she ought to own up to and it was impossible for her to try and blame management instability for our problems when that was entirely of her and M Duchatelet's making. I had written to her three months earlier saying I wasn't renewing my Keith suite packages, shirt sponsorships or mascot packages while the present owner and CEO were in situ, didn't get a dickie bird back.

Only one hospitality regular came out during the chat as a staunch defender of the regime (or at least tried to insist it would hurt the team morale, which Jacko entirely refuted later), and when he called the protests inside the ground "disgraceful", he was clearly outnumbered about 5 to 1 of those to voiced an opinion.

In the Q&A, when Katrien wasn't there, two club personnel referred to the protests as being conducted largely 'in the right way', which I thought was telling.

Nice one Jon and the others guests. Typical that KM would duck the Q & A when she would know it could get difficult and she put on that supercilious face of hers again while putting her foot firmly in her mouth.

So @Swisdom no, that's not her attempting communication. The Marketing and Comms staff, yes but not the CEO.
  • JVL said:

For the record, of those people at the training ground hospitality tour, one gentleman rather brilliantly immediately announced that he had been a beach ball thrower and proud of it, .

Surprised Tony Cahones didn't get the guy arrested and banned then.

• @JVL - sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you and Marie. As we were leaving I saw KM go into the player's canteen and took the opportunity to speak to her. Hopefully our questioning helped in some way, just a shame there wasn't a proper Q & A with the management team after the questions to JJ, Al & AD.
  • JVL said:

Nice one Jon and the others guests. Typical that KM would duck the Q & A when she would know it could get difficult and she put on that supercilious face of hers again while putting her foot firmly in her mouth.

So @Swisdom no, that's not her attempting communication. The Marketing and Comms staff, yes but not the CEO.
    The marketing and Comms staff werent there for the Q&A either - they joined towards the end with Katrien. The Q&A was with Keith Peacock and then JJ, Lookman and Alou Diarra joined. It was a Q&A with the players - not yet another opportunity to hit Katrien and the club.

@ME14addick - It would be good to hear how your chat with Katrien went / was received.