Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New E-mail address for Fans. fans@cafc.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    mogodon said:

Credit to them for replying. We'd been slamming them for months for not answering emails and in fairness, they can hardly say "sorry for the Belgian's rant but he's a total tool". Clearly, however, the guff about him understanding the club and fans is bullshit. But it's a start.

However, given that the Head of Communications is no more, wonder who's actually coming up with the replies?

My theory is that if you want a reply from Katrien, you have a better chance of receiving one if you mail fans@cafc.co.uk than if you mail her actual mailbox.

Note to Peter Varney; you might get a better reply if you try fans@cafc.co.uk as well
  • Options
    mogodon said:

what we have to do is ask relevant and complicated questions that aren't run of the mill.
    No I haven't got one yet, but I'll have a think

How about. "Please explain the thinking that led you to believe Karel Fraeye was the best manager available at that time". That should test them.
    That's a good FOI request!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016

mogodon said:

Credit to them for replying. We'd been slamming them for months for not answering emails and in fairness, they can hardly say "sorry for the Belgian's rant but he's a total tool". Clearly, however, the guff about him understanding the club and fans is bullshit. But it's a start.

However, given that the Head of Communications is no more, wonder who's actually coming up with the replies?

I think they would do better to say something like "we accept that the approach from Peter Varney wasn't handled very well" instead of continuing to try to justify themselves (as per the other thread). We've now had three versions of their story, which variously contradict each other, as well as a plethora of nonsense about the timescales and instability likely to be caused by a takeover. They landed in this hole on December 28th and are still digging away.
    Some would say it just wasn't handled at all full stop ;-)

We've also got it somewhere on this site that RM has asked to discuss the offer with PV who is now ignoring him.

And conversely, someone else has said that RM has bragged at the Valley that he successfully scuppered PV meeting RD.

So much confusion, so much hearsay.

Just sell up you w*****s and get out of our club.
  • Options
    Mr Duchâtelet also understands that he is a custodian of this great club and he is fully aware of the important role that supporters have played in its history.
    (Meaning Mr Duchatelet says he understands that he is a custodian of this great club, but has no idea what that even means and so doesn't understand a thing)
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Tea lady.

• Options

mogodon said:

Tea lady.

Mandy probably can't make a decent cup of tea
  • Options

Does anyone really think that statement's reference to people wanting the club to fail was only addressed to pitch invaders? If so, why would that not have been made clear? Yet now that is the only protest the club identifies as a problem to it, in which case the statement was wildly disproportionate. Doesn't stack up, I'm afraid.

Well, presumably they enjoyed the beach balls then. We should do it every game to say thank you for clearing up that statement.
  • Options
    Mackle said:

mogodon said:

Tea lady.

Mandy probably can't make a decent cup of tea
    Come on, even she can interpretate simple instructions {...}
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mogodon said:

what we have to do is ask relevant and complicated questions that aren't run of the mill.
    No I haven't got one yet, but I'll have a think

How about. "Please explain the thinking that led you to believe Karel Fraeye was the best manager available at that time". That should test them.
    Karel Fraeye, aside from Hockaday at Leeds, the most staggering managerial appointment in England since I started going to football in 1976.

Thinking of him I still don't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • Options

Rob62 said:

It's good that people are getting responses. But the quality of English in these replies is awful. Why isn't an English speaking person at least proofreading them?

What somebody like Mandy!
    The club have got in Peter Mandleson to handle the spin?!

On my email to the regular info@ address re the West Stand Car Park, no progress at all I'm afraid. No auto response let alone anything from the Belgium-based call centre.

It looks like I'll have to redirect to fans@.
  • Options
    Seen a few replies from the CAFC fan communication team or whatever they call themselves...
    They're all stock quotes! I've seen the bit about rd being a custodian of a great club about three times now!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Seen a few replies from the CAFC fan communication team or whatever they call themselves...
    They're all stock quotes! I've seen the bit about rd being a custodian of a great club about three times now!

He's a custodian now? I thought that Daisy said that it was his club and he'd do things his way and we had to lump it. Given the results that 'his way' is producing maybe he is now feeling a little less bullish about it.
  • Options
    Custodian?

It certainly does feel like he has us trapped in custody! We're trapped, powerless and things look very bleak; I think the prison analogy works very well. Thanks Support Relations! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    mogodon said:

I would've imagined that they had answers to certain questions, or certain types of questions, in mind before they actually launched the new email address......... well, that's at least what any sensible business would do at any rate.

Also, although the head of comms has (apparently) resigned, do we know if she's actually left yet?

It certainly sounds like a new conciliatory approach, even if the handling is typically clumsy, so it's probably down to her, even though she might not actually be there any longer.
  • Options
    Hahaha this is all so very unique
  • Options
    They asked for previously unanswered correspondence to be mailed to the new fans@ address so I decided to ask them about the Bournemouth voucher balls up as they had contacted me back in June promising further contact offering some sort of hospitality deal for a game this season.
    Whether I take them up on any offer is neither here nor there (though a good opportunity to air the black and white scarves) .

To be fair, at least the reply below, tells me the actual person who will deal with it.

Sorry that you have not been responded to before. We have spoken to the team responsible for this and their General Manager, Darren Kent, is cc'd on the email.

He will liaise with you directly to sort this out for you.

Our apologies again for the delay.

Best regards
    The Supporter Relations Team
  • Options
    cabbles said:

For some reason I've only just stumbled onto this thread. I think that I'm going to to resend each email I wrote to Katrien so that more club employees can share in the joy

Are you offering to take all of them to Harvester too?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IA said:

cabbles said:

For some reason I've only just stumbled onto this thread. I think that I'm going to to resend each email I wrote to Katrien so that more club employees can share in the joy

no, that's strictly top level executive management dinner between me (new head of comms), CEO and dear leader Roland.

no underlings or support staff
  • Options
    cabbles said:

IA said:

cabbles said:

no, that's strictly top level executive management dinner between me (new head of comms), CEO and dear leader Roland.

no underlings or support staff
    Fair enough. The return trip from India would've been pricey.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Perhaps 'custodian' is the buzz word of 2016. Much as customer was of 2015. Sounds better than supreme being or fuhrer, which he would probably pick out of choice.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

mogodon said:

I would've imagined that they had answers to certain questions, or certain types of questions, in mind before they actually launched the new email address......... well, that's at least what any sensible business would do at any rate.

Also, although the head of comms has (apparently) resigned, do we know if she's actually left yet?

It certainly sounds like a new conciliatory approach, even if the handling is typically clumsy, so it's probably down to her, even though she might not actually be there any longer.
    She's gone. This might still be her work of course, it was Mel who established the fans@ email address and no doubt the process behind it.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Off_it said:

mogodon said:

She's gone. This might still be her work of course, it was Mel who established the fans@ email address and no doubt the process behind it.
    She may well have given the comms 'team' a selection of mix-and-match stock phrases to use in replies to 'customers'
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    My reply has arrived.

On the day the statement went up on the website, I basically emailed the club asking who it was that posted it. My reply is as follows;
    "The statement was an official statement in an attempt to publicly address the concerns of Mr Duchatelet. He perceives that there are some fans leading the protests who might prefer if the club was relegated. We do of course think that most fans still want us to win even if they dislike the management.

Mr Duchatelet also appreciates the historic and current role which the supporters play in regards to the club, therefore we are working hard as a team to support this.

Thank you for your continued support.

Kind Regards

The Supporter Relations Team"
    Basically the same reply that most of you have already posted.
  • Options
    Except they have now ditched the very OTT PR-crafted 'custodian of great club' bit from the stock reply
  • Options
    mogodon said:

• Options

Except they have now ditched the very OTT PR-crafted 'custodian of great club' bit from the stock reply

Because they are probably monitoring here!!
  • Options
    I suppose this site is monitored by a lot of people at Charlton because they have nothing else to actually do.

Duchatelet said we are a well run club when all the evidence points to the opposite.

If we were well run maybe the objectives in running the club is to alienate support, drive them away in droves, produce abjectly failing football and dream up provocative communications. We are so well run we are searching for a chief scout, and the latest employee lasted 46 days, and in my personal encounters with any staff there is usually overt contempt shown (some exceptions to this).

One thing they have managed to do is to efficiently order in barriers and riot police to develop their charm offensive with supporters.

They do not seek to face reality, and will blame all their troubles on bitter ex employees.