Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

i'm off on my challenge.

right! i'm off to cafe for some pre-monopoly board brekkie.
if i don't make it back, no flowers please. donations to be made to your local hostelry in exchange for alcohol.
if i do make it, i'll try and post tonight, failing that (and most probably) i'll post in the morning (or afternoon.

Comments

• Options
    Good luck
  • Options
    done it!
    met in 1st pub as did 4 other groups, one all dressed as fred flintstone, doing the same thing. the race was on.
    26 pubs. stuck to the suggested route until about pub 23, when we finally couldn't find the pub so used an alternative one.a lot of walking involved and a few casualties along the way. got ahead of schedule in the early afternoon so we could watch the footie, (waste of time). lost 6 of our group on the way to pub 19ish then they appeared,in 2 groups of 3 racing down the strand in bike/ rickshaw thingys (more expensive than a black cab ffs). the groom to be, stacked it somewhere, i don't know where just remember him walking in 1 of the pubs with half his top lip missing (i look forward to seeing the wedding photo's). 2 of us refused service in the last 2 pubs, i can't imagine why. 14 of us started, and if i remember rightly, there were 5 of us at the death with certain people meeting at various stages along the way. 2 of us got stung £13 for a cab from regent street to charing cross leaving the other 3 talking about going to a northern soul all nighter (i don't know how they got on).
    anyway a highly entertaining day. could us charlton lifers get together and do it, or maybe the circle line thing at christmas or end of season? my money is on 04-mcs being the 1st faller.
  • Options
    fair play, sounds a great day !

think you money could be safe on 04-MCS !
  • Options
    Oi, i am a savage ya know!

Fair play, i prob wouldnt last that kind of punishment. Although bacon, you are a savage.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    yeah 04,you are lilly savage.
  • Options
    Charmin, i mean, calling me a scouse! Just Charmin.