Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things we learnt this week

2»

Comments

• After a few beers Fanni looked good on the box.

Always does after a few light ales.
  • cafctom said:

Whilst the protest movement is large, there are still many many more who don't seem to 'get it' - a lot more than I initially realised.

Agree with this Tom, even some of our more vociferous contributors on here are unable to see beyond a win.
    Seconded - it is the general consensus that NOT buying ST's will be a massive impact on The Rat and The Liar. Having read the ST renewal thread, I am surprised at the amount of 'I'm alright Jacks' who have already purchased or said that the will purchase ST's. If you purchase a ST, and you do have a right to buy one, then you are supporting RD and The Liar and as such don't have a right to criticise them.
    I have had a ST for more years than I care to remember, but I will not be buying one until the Rat and Liar have gone, yes it hurts but that is the sacrifice I am willing to make because I support my club and not the people who are currently running it into the ground.
  • Protesting does not effect the players

Tuesday - No Protest, Drab Draw

Sunday - Loud, Visual and Passionate Protest - 3 Points
  • 10. Some fans talk big on the internet about "we need to rip the place up and get on the pitch" but don't back that up with actions.

Well done @boggzy but I believe a lot of the 200 were glad the time was "leaked" so they had an excuse not to even try to get on the pitch because they never would have done it.

Next time keep it secret.

The police confirmed before the game that following discussions with the club, supporters would not be physically stopped from entering the pitch which could be seen from the couple that did, it was only when one got 'lairy' that they stepped in.
  • 9. Charlton fans are very generous. Before and after the funeral I reminded people that all this stuff costs and had people giving me £5, £10 and £20 notes galore. @Davo55 knows how much.

One chap walked up and said "here you go" and gave me an empty plastic bag to put them all in. Useful but not quite what I meant : - )

Ungrateful git!
  • 24. Beach balls at football grounds are fun!
  • 10. Some fans talk big on the internet about "we need to rip the place up and get on the pitch" but don't back that up with actions.

Well done @boggzy but I believe a lot of the 200 were glad the time was "leaked" so they had an excuse not to even try to get on the pitch because they never would have done it.

Also, the tactic about invading the pitch was a bit flawed. A lot of people were around near the goal, blocked by a few security. If it was me, I'd split the sets of fans, one to create a diversion from the North Lower, and attract all the security (thus thinking that only 100 odd people are going to do it), then swam the main protest from East and West stand (who were sitting patiently not attracting attention to themselves), out flanking security.

Panicked, security they'd break ranks and split, to stop the other 200-300 fans entering the field of play. Once they split, the remainder in the North Lower join in.

Also, the tactic about invading the pitch was a bit flawed. A lot of people were around near the goal, blocked by a few security. If it was me, I'd split the sets of fans, one to create a diversion from the North Lower, and attract all the security (thus thinking that only 100 odd people are going to do it), then swam the main protest from East and West stand (who were sitting patiently not attracting attention to themselves), out flanking security.

Panicked, security they'd break ranks and split, to stop the other 200-300 fans entering the field of play. Once they split, the remainder in the North Lower join in.
    It's not operation Overlord!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I like to think of myself as a el Che type. His books are very decent to read, and actually useful for adapting tactics to protests.
  • That if you stick to original, slightly humorous ways to protest ALL media sources will be on your side.
    The minute that eejit decided to dance with the players & stewards on the pitch you could hear/feel their support wain.

And that I still get emotional hearing 'Red Red Robin' from thousands of miles away.

"Clausewitz on Strategy: Inspiration and Insight from a Football Fan" is available from Amazon and good book shops.
  • 8. Texeria at 18/1 for first goal was a good bet

Not great when it was 50/1 everywhere else. But a wins a win I suppose