Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NOT A VALID TICKET

The message that popped up on the screen when both Mrs cafcfan and I tried scanning our season tickets as normal yesterday.

Needed a steward's mobile scanner and to be let in via the large exit gates.

Did others have any issues? Was there a system failure or are the club working towards boycotting us?

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Cafcfan, this happens to me nearly every home game in the West Upper turnstiles. Every time I get told 'invalid' or 'ticket already used'! They tell me to queue up and speak to someone at the Box Office! Can the NHS cure congestion in the turnstiles?
    I am also surprised at how easily I get waved in by the stewards. Rubbish new system and yesterday 3 of us had 'no entry' but another 2 of our group went in a different section ok. Laughable.
  • Cafcfan, this happens to me nearly every home game in the West Upper turnstiles. Every time I get told 'invalid' or 'ticket already used'! They tell me to queue up and speak to someone at the Box Office! Can the NHS cure congestion in the turnstiles?
    I am also surprised at how easily I get waved in by the stewards. Rubbish new system and yesterday 3 of us had 'no entry' but another 2 of our group went in a different section ok. Laughable.

You seem to have had many more problems than me! My tickets have been working fine until Sunday! BTW, I'm West Upper as well.
  • I'm west upper too, my season ticket a few games back declined entry, it said ticket already used on the scanner as well.
  • I'm west upper too, my season ticket a few games back declined entry, it said ticket already used on the scanner as well.

It's obviously targeting the trouble-makers in the west upper, like me!
  • cafcfan said:

The message that popped up on the screen when both Mrs cafcfan and I tried scanning our season tickets as normal yesterday.

Needed a steward's mobile scanner and to be let in via the large exit gates.

Did others have any issues? Was there a system failure or are the club working towards boycotting us?

You sure it wasn't not the full ticket?

:-)
  • I've had to get my ST (west upper) renewed twice so far after it failed to let me in. They gave me some cock and bull about it being a replacement (it wasn't) my original having been reported missing (it hasn't) and me being a new ST holder (I'm not). Oh well, they won't have to worry their little heads next season.
  • I've had to get my ST (west upper) renewed twice so far after it failed to let me in. They gave me some cock and bull about it being a replacement (it wasn't) my original having been reported missing (it hasn't) and me being a new ST holder (I'm not). Oh well, they won't have to worry their little heads next season.

I hope the Ticket office/NHS call centre sorted your issues (that didn't exist)? Only at Charlton...
  • Shambles.

Printed my tickets and they wouldn't scan. Another x in the box of the Duchatelet dream.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    The club dodged a bullet with the Football for a Fiver game not selling out. They had a lot of problems getting about 15,000 home fans in because of the system (and people's lack of familiarity with it) hence a lot were still outside after kick-off. Had there been 20,000 home supporters they would have had to put a lot more through exit gates than they did.
  • The club dodged a bullet with the Football for a Fiver game not selling out. They had a lot of problems getting about 15,000 home fans in because of the system (and people's lack of familiarity with it) hence a lot were still outside after kick-off. Had there been 20,000 home supporters they would have had to put a lot more through exit gates than they did.

I was one of the ones stuck outside going mental because of the usual hassle with my season ticket! That will teach me: giving out free programmes beforehand, how dare I cut it fine?
    But I guess that is all part of my 'unique match day experience' according to Meercat! But I feel so sorry for the stewards at the gates who have to take the flack for this incompetence.
  • Also had a problem with turnstiles for West Upper Sunday. Definitely not caused by congestion.