Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Support the team, not the regime.

edited March 2016 in Match Day Travel
SUPPORT THE TEAM, NOT THE REGIME

We need to move away from this lack of support towards the team.

At the end of the day it is still mathematically possible to survive and we need to boost that as much as possible.

I vow to make 2-3 out of the next 4 home games. I know our chances aren't great and I know it seems feeble but I find it difficult to find the time to get there more often than not but if I can make half our remaining home games, I'll be pleased.

Comments

• Why not four out of four home games... Maybe you should heed your own advice ;)
  • edited March 2016
    Not what I was saying at all Nug, everyone should be able to Support/protest in their own way, provided it is within the law.

Running on the pitch to start on 2 players that were playing quite well has me completely baffled.

Running on the pitch to shout in a player's face who has got an assist already to 'show some passion' is just the same.

It's their job at the end of the day, the players don't need to care about our history, or be passionate about the club to do a good job.

They just need to want to win. To have a hunger and desire to win, which JBG had yesterday.

There is a lack of support towards the team and people are blinded by the protests and can't see that in concentrating so hard on protests, they are not supporting the team.

Did we chant in support of the players at all yesterday? I didn't hear it if we did?

I'm not saying the protests should stop. I'm not saying they are wrong (so long as they are within the law)

What I am saying is make sure it's directed correctly.
  • I think the support for the team was actually pretty good yesterday (apart from the moron that invaded the pitch in order to square up to JBG & Harriott).

• Empty seats, no fans and no income is what will drive these bastards out.

#notapennymore

That's why we ended up at Selhurst
  • edited March 2016

Fuck the team and fuck the regime.

Nobody in my office this morning are talking about beach balls, coffins or walk outs. Everyone who watched it are saying they are more amazed at the amount of empty seats even before the walk out.

A business needs people willing to pay money for the service it provides, the latest set of accounts has shown football is no different. Empty seats, no fans and no income is what will drive these bastards out.

#notapennymore

Funny, football fans in my office asked about the beach balls first, then about how we're in the bottom 2 when we can clearly play better against some strong opposition.
  • Sponsored links:

• I do agree you with @Dazzler21... There wasnt much support for individual players yesterday yet:

- Nick Pope got a chant after yet another save
    - Jordan Cousins got his name chanted when he was announced as Man of the Match
    - Callum Harriott got a chant when he was subbed.

To be honest I dont think any of the other players that were on the pitch have a song which probably played a part.

The big factor for me yesterday was that there were no negative responses to any of the players at any stage (like what Makienok received on Tuesday) the only slight one I remember is that there was a very slight groan when Reza came on.
  • A lot of things are more important in life than Charlton.

Sadly @LargeAddick I don't live just round the corner, a day out to support the club is £60-70.

My disposable income doesn't allow me that much every week.

I'm glad you feel you can mock people's ability to make it to games without knowing their circumstances.

I am currently working on creating a community around supporting Mental Health issues, with a view to becoming a charity in the near future.

As I have a day job I'm committing much of my weekend to either running to clock up miles for my target or working towards improving the online community I have started to build.

Mental health is far more important to me than who owns this club...

Being realistic we're not about to fold under Duchatelet and Meire, despite supporting not being as enjoyable. I'll continue to support the team though as and when I can.
  • I do agree you with @Dazzler21... There wasnt much support for individual players yesterday yet:

- Nick Pope got a chant after yet another save
    - Jordan Cousins got his name chanted when he was announced as Man of the Match
    - Callum Harriott got a chant when he was subbed.

To be honest I dont think any of the other players that were on the pitch have a song which probably played a part.

The big factor for me yesterday was that there were no negative responses to any of the players at any stage (like what Makienok received on Tuesday) the only slight one I remember is that there was a very slight groan when Reza came on.

The last 2 chants were after the 74th minute walkout.

Yes I support and joined in with the Roland Out chants, but for the last 16 minutes it was nice to have just chanting for the team, and support for an excellent performance
  • Fuck the team and fuck the regime.

Nobody in my office this morning are talking about beach balls, coffins or walk outs. Everyone who watched it are saying they are more amazed at the amount of empty seats even before the walk out.

A business needs people willing to pay money for the service it provides, the latest set of accounts has shown football is no different. Empty seats, no fans and no income is what will drive these bastards out.

#notapennymore

Spot on.

As excellent as the protests have been unfortunately I'm sure Duchatelet would much rather have 7000 people blowing whistles and chanting for him to go whilst paying him for the privilege than 20,000 empty unpaid seats which will also cost sponsorship and advertising income along with ticket revenue.

It's only his divvy CEO who suffers the protests in person and she has as much influence and control as my local chippie does on the global economy.

Protests and protesters have been excellent to date but only really hitting his pocket by way of total boycott will force him to leave and even then it's no guarantee with this utter utter oddball.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Not what I was saying at all Nug, everyone should be able to Support/protest in their own way, provided it is within the law.

Running on the pitch to start on 2 players that were playing quite well has me completely baffled.

Running on the pitch to shout in a player's face who has got an assist already to 'show some passion' is just the same.

It's their job at the end of the day, the players don't need to care about our history, or be passionate about the club to do a good job.

They just need to want to win. To have a hunger and desire to win, which JBG had yesterday.

There is a lack of support towards the team and people are blinded by the protests and can't see that in concentrating so hard on protests, they are not supporting the team.

Did we chant in support of the players at all yesterday? I didn't hear it if we did?

I'm not saying the protests should stop. I'm not saying they are wrong (so long as they are within the law)

What I am saying is make sure it's directed correctly.

I agree with you Dazzler, but it was only one lone fan who took it too far. Players could see fans emotions were running high and they should stay out of it and get on with their job. I thought the atmosphere was cracking and better than us all sitting there in complete disbelief at the rapid demise of our club, we're trying to take back control and I don't see it as negative at all. By the way brilliant to hear about your commitment to mental health, I have someone very close to me struggling with this at the moment and it's very difficult. I truly hope your community takes off.
  • edited March 2016
    Thanks Nug
    Let them know the biggest first step is to talk to someone about it.

This was covered in my first post to the community
    (search Be Aware - Mental Health on Facebook to see what I said).

Still working on a brand etc but yeah very time consuming... and now even a bit expensive!
  • edited March 2016
    Im not against the team but getting the current ownership out of our club is much more important in my opinion then a few short term results.

Not that I will be at any of the remaining home games anyway, as im not a season ticket holder and refuse to give my money to this insane regime that continues to insult its own fa..........customers.

It will just be a couple more away trips for me this season.
  • edited August 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

At the end of the day it is still mathematically possible to survive and we need to boost that as much as possible.

I'll say this bit again now... You never know we might just stay up this time!

Note the clever editing to delete all the other crap from my original post :wink:

• I'm just counting down the days until I can bump 'We'll be fine'
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Note the clever editing to delete all the other crap from my original post :wink:

And if we don't, I got 20/1 for us to get relegated, so every cloud....
  • Ross said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Not bad odds, considering we start with a 6 points deficit and two games less to get points from. (Courtesy of having to play Millwall twice.)
  • Not really bothered about results - more concerned about new ownership.
  • cafcfan said:

Ross said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Not bad odds, considering we start with a 6 points deficit and two games less to get points from. (Courtesy of having to play Millwall twice.)
    It's a promotion year, 6 easy points...
  • cafcfan said:

Ross said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

So, you reckon Millwall will get promoted....
  • Leuth said:

I'm just counting down the days until I can bump 'We'll be fine''We're Relegated'

• cafcfan said:

Ross said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

So, you reckon Millwall will get promoted....
    either we will or they will
  • cafcfan said:

Ross said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

The God damn negativity on here annoys me so much.........................

We usually get a point off of them.