Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Start of yesterday's game

The flooding of the pitch with beachballs and the 'we want Roland out' chanting will go down as one of my favourite memories at the Valley. The fans were united and it was such a brilliant image.
Many thanks to CARD for their work!

Comments

• Brilliant form of protest leaving Katrien M grinning like an idiot on camera.
    yes, Great work CARD.
  • edited March 2016
    Apropos of nothing.

I had been in touch with a Liverpool-supporting colleague at work (he had lived in Charlton for a while about 20 years ago and had gone to a fair number of games, so is fond of us), to say that the game was on Sky and there were protests planned.

His reaction was that he was going to watch the game, as he knew that the protests would be good (he said something about Charlton protests being more intelligent than usual - he loved the Companies' House thing).

Talked to him this morning, full of praise for the way the protests were done, as a neutral he really enjoyed it, and understood where I was coming from about the Smirk...

So, good job all round yesterday from CARD.