Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Beach Balls at Sheffield Wednesday

Will they be making an appearance?

Comments

• Won't work away will just turn hostile very hostile in Sheffield
  • made the point with them and shef weds nasty club, nasty fans would probably result in a bit of a battering for the offenders, they didnt take too kindly to jacko scoring that free kick and us dicking all over there promotion party.
  • I think they are still sore about CP swinging on their goalposts :wink:
  • Won't work away will just turn hostile very hostile in Sheffield

agreed, got to keep the protests Valley based (or at the network clubs) or the issues will get diluted and we will lose sympathy.
    Argument not with Sheff Weds but the crass CEO and owner. All Boro fans I spoke to were totally behind beach-ball protest and coffin march - no reason to alienate fans of other clubs.
    Agreed, imagine if things were reversed (i.e. we were the team going for promotion) and away fans had starting throwing things on the pitch at the Valley), how we'd feel
  • made the point with them and shef weds nasty club, nasty fans would probably result in a bit of a battering for the offenders, they didnt take too kindly to jacko scoring that free kick and us dicking all over there promotion party.

What do you expect... Little Chef did deserve that title after all...

The New Barrack Tavern will tell you Wednesday are alright.
  • doubt they'd reach the pitch from the Leppings Lane upper anyway

Been following your protest campaign with interest, and wish you all the best. To a limited degree we have been where you are in the past. hope it all works out.

Nasty Club , really? no need for that, our differences in League one are long past, move on, its you that sound bitter , and you have no reason. We both went up !
  • Sponsored links:

• IAIA
    edited March 2016

made the point with them and shef weds nasty club, nasty fans would probably result in a bit of a battering for the offenders, they didnt take too kindly to jacko scoring that free kick and us dicking all over there promotion party.

Been following your protest campaign with interest, and wish you all the best. To a limited degree we have been where you are in the past. hope it all works out.

Nasty Club , really? no need for that, our differences in League one are long past, move on, its you that sound bitter , and you have no reason. We both went up !
    The 'nasty club' is probably a reference to the trouble that seems to be reported every time we visit Hillsborough, small numbers of SW idiots looking for a fight. I've never had any problems there but it's been mentioned many times, more than most clubs.

I'll probably be in the home end - bringing my nephew who lives in Walkley and is 50:50 between Wendies and Man City so I'll do my bit for the local club. Where's the ticket office in relation to Leppings Lane? Any recommendations for a stand? Best if we could avoid prawn sandwiches and Tangoman but still have a decent view (of the match, not Tangoman).
  • Nasty little club? Not from my experience.
  • Back when we beat them in the FA cup in the prem days there was a bit of trouble. But I don't think they're a nasty little club.

Just a club with an unjustified over inflated ego of themselves. Similar to Newcastle fans.
  • edited March 2016
    ChiAddick said:

Back when we beat them in the FA cup in the prem days there was a bit of trouble. But I don't think they're a nasty little club.

Just a club with an unjustified over inflated ego of themselves. Similar to Newcastle fans.

To be fair, Wednesday and Newcastle are two clubs that should be achieving a lot more, in fact 'achieving' full stop, and to those two you could have previously added Man City. The trouble Wednesday and Newcastle have is we now know what it took to get Man City firing on all cylinders.
  • just for the record i didnt call them a nasty "little" club as they are massive :smile: , but a select few of there fans after that match were getting pretty agro as we came out the ground, been there twice and trouble both times so in my experience yeah not a nice away day.
  • IA said:

made the point with them and shef weds nasty club, nasty fans would probably result in a bit of a battering for the offenders, they didnt take too kindly to jacko scoring that free kick and us dicking all over there promotion party.

The 'nasty club' is probably a reference to the trouble that seems to be reported every time we visit Hillsborough, small numbers of SW idiots looking for a fight. I've never had any problems there but it's been mentioned many times, more than most clubs.

I'll probably be in the home end - bringing my nephew who lives in Walkley and is 50:50 between Wendies and Man City so I'll do my bit for the local club. Where's the ticket office in relation to Leppings Lane? Any recommendations for a stand? Best if we could avoid prawn sandwiches and Tangoman but still have a decent view (of the match, not Tangoman).
    Alright fella, as a resident of Walkley myself i'll offer the advice;

The ticket sales aren't too shabby at present with about 23k sold, for me the most popular stand and decent view comes from the North Stand, miles away from the band and tango, near enough the away end for a bit of vocal jousting. The ticket office is located on Penistone Road, behind the back of the North Stand and accessible from that side only.

Why not register online at http://shop.sheffieldwednesday.co.uk/ and get two tickets on there and print at home, saves the hassle of popping down.

Cheers
  • IA said:

Alright fella, as a resident of Walkley myself i'll offer the advice;

The ticket sales aren't too shabby at present with about 23k sold, for me the most popular stand and decent view comes from the North Stand, miles away from the band and tango, near enough the away end for a bit of vocal jousting. The ticket office is located on Penistone Road, behind the back of the North Stand and accessible from that side only.

Why not register online at http://shop.sheffieldwednesday.co.uk/ and get two tickets on there and print at home, saves the hassle of popping down.

Cheers
    Perfect, thank you very much. Completely forgot about the band, bullet dodged there too.

I done a Twitter campaign for a few days to get fans from all other English clubs on side, had an absolutely amazing response from hundreds of other people from Brighton, Wimbledon, Brentford, Blackpool, orient, even Chelsea and man city. Also your pals from Sheffield plus loads more clubs. I was expecting to get a few digs and jibes from other teams supported but it never happened, except from Wednesday fans, I had tweet after tweet from your lot saying we are a vile club and deserve it, that they hope we get closed down and some pretty nasty personal comments too, these were also being retweeted by other Wednesday fans and they were literally ripping me to shreds. I'm not saying all owls fans are that way but it wasn't very pleasant and was an awful lot of them.
  • That's the problem with social media, it gives idiots a voice.
  • Horrible bunch wednesday
  • Sponsored links: