Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We're you on...

...the 'Fan's Sofa' today?

They looked like they'd been set-up by the club!

A Dad with his three young sons, smiling through gritted teeth! They didn't even jump up when we scored!

I was praying for them to walk out on the 74th minute and throw the cushions on the pitch!

I f@cking hate that sofa, it's embarrassing, pointless and has no place in football... Hhhmmm just how I feel about Roland and Katrien...!

Comments

• I saw the heading for this thread and was worried that someone was going to discuss women's issues....

Delighted to see that my fear was misplaced (not that I don't have sympathy and stuff, but as a man I'm basically completely lacking - I might have said in empathy and sensitivity and the like, but it's just lacking...).
  • Definitely planted, with everything else going on there's no way they would have risked it
  • edited March 2016
    Nothing wrong with the chap and the lads on the sofa mind, I hope they had a good day - they got lucky with a decent match and lots of entertainment! Would still be interesting to see how the club approached the prospect of accidentally giving the sofa to protesters though...

With that in mind, here's a pic of them from the other thread:

You're average father (I hope..!) with 3 young lads, the only interesting thing being it looks like the lads each got a bag of stuff. (3 brown paper bags at the side of the sofa)

Now according to one photo I've found - [here] - they don't always give the children these paper bags..

Mystery solved. They paid the kids of with great big paper bags full of dosh.
  • LuckyReds said:

Here's a pic of them from the other thread; looks like all the lads got bags of stuff. (3 lads, 3 brown paper bags at the side.)

Would be worth comparing previous pictures of the Fan's Sofa and seeing if they usually get bags handed to them.
    Might be actors.
  • We'll burn that sofa when they leave. Seriously.
  • LuckyReds said:

Here's a pic of them from the other thread; looks like all the lads got bags of stuff. (3 lads, 3 brown paper bags at the side.)

Would be worth comparing previous pictures of the Fan's Sofa and seeing if they usually get bags handed to them.
    Might be actors.
    Perhaps the dad is on some sort of repeat contract with the club, but the mum's still at home as she's heavily pregnant after the last time Katrien hired them to do a bit of filming on the green at The Valley..
  • LuckyReds said:

Might be actors.
    Tottenham fans apparently
  • I am not a grammar and spelling pedant usually as I assume people post in a hurry but for some reason the title to this thread is bugging me!

Can it be corrected?
  • Sponsored links:

• Whenever they pick someone to win the Sofa its usually from a big group of school kids.

So the winners from there are probably just random Football fans rather than Charlton supporters
  • LenGlover said:

I am not a grammar and spelling pedant usually as I assume people post in a hurry but for some reason the title to this thread is bugging me!

Can it be corrected?

Me too.
  • To me, lurking at the recesses of Katrien's mind is 'older fans are the past, and troublemakers, kids are the future and malleable'.
    We have the statements to that effect, the prices of tickets for kids, the Crossbars disco thing, the interview with the 15 year old, the new mascots, and the herding of youngsters on matchdays.
    Leaving aside how clumsy and poorly executed and manipulative this approach is, I well understand why she might think it is a good approach.
    Fans like me will be dead soon enough, however it is fans like me who initially bring the kids along, and do the shelling out of the dosh.
    Katrien might be better advised to be less patronising, and do some real work trying to understand the dynamic of our supporter base, or better still resign and leave that work to somebody competent.
  • LenGlover said:

I am not a grammar and spelling pedant usually as I assume people post in a hurry but for some reason the title to this thread is bugging me!

Can it be corrected?

Sorry mate, we have bigger fish to fry. Firstly the number on the data techniques executive box.