Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Myth that protests have a negative impact

Has been exposed.

One of our best home performances as well as plenty of protests.

We went 1 up with protests.

We walked out and we went 2 up.

QED

Comments

• Has been exposed.

QED

Indeed
  • Has been exposed.

QED

Protests only affect the team when we lose. FACT.

Couldn't have put it better myself
  • Shrew said:

Its passion and fire from the supporters that supports the team, rather then drab silence, irony and sarcastic cheers.

True.

The protest noise translated to support noise.
  • Too often I've felt that the protests have been the sole concentration from the fans (i.e. they've only been interested with the anti-Belgium chants)

Today the fans were excellent in the sense that there was a good mix of protest chants but at the same time there were a good amount of chants supporting the team
  • Sponsored links:

• colthe3rd said:

I'd say Boro being shite probably had a bigger influence.

Thought Boro were no different to Queens Park Rangers at the first game of the season, plenty of possession yet no puff.

What we've struggled with over the last two seasons is the fact that when Rotherham / MK Dons come to town both sides play tight at the back using our counter-attacking style of passing, because of that we dont know how to break teams down... When the top sides come to the Valley, they're more confident of a win so attack us and leave gaps for our players to exploit...

If our Defence works and if our Attack exploits those gaps then we stand a good chance of winning, sadly too often our Defence has been too leaky.

Its because of the teams we've got to face that take this style that I've got hope we'll survive... Two clean sheets in two games with seven points... Something is working on the training ground
  • Yup, very good points
  • edited March 2016

colthe3rd said:

I'd say Boro being shite probably had a bigger influence.

Thought Boro were no different to Queens Park Rangers at the first game of the season, plenty of possession yet no puff.

What we've struggled with over the last two seasons is the fact that when Rotherham / MK Dons come to town both sides play tight at the back using our counter-attacking style of passing, because of that we dont know how to break teams down... When the top sides come to the Valley, they're more confident of a win so attack us and leave gaps for our players to exploit...

If our Defence works and if our Attack exploits those gaps then we stand a good chance of winning, sadly too often our Defence has been too leaky.

Its because of the teams we've got to face that take this style that I've got hope we'll survive... Two clean sheets in two games with seven points... Something is working on the training ground
    Either that or the new 3.5 points for a win is kicking in for us..
  • The protests made the atmosphere somewhat jovial rather than toxic like against MK Dons.
  • Has been exposed.

QED

You beat me to it. I was going to say the same.

Also, at Brentford, there were incessant vocal protests and we won there.
  • "we love the players we hate the owner" ...
  • edited March 2016
    Had Boro scored with their chance at the end of the first half - I reckon they would have shut up shop and it would have been a different game. Just being honest. But at 0-0 we were always going to have a chance as the game was stretched, particularly in the second half. That is why having a competitive midfield and defence is important, and why it has been such a scandal that the issues were not addressed earlier.