Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fans that are club employees

We have heard lots about fans who work for the regime are Charlton through and through and in a difficult position.

Well now is the time to cross the line. Make it easier for the protestors tomorrow wherever you are whether on the tannoy, at the gates, a steward, ground manager, etc etc. Time to stand up.

Comments

• A fifth column!
  • I agree, don't worry if you can't pay your rent/mortgage, feed your children etc etc. Get your priorities right your "football club" comes first, sacrifice your job!! FFS
  • Turn it in. It's their job FFS - they have outgoings just like the rest of us. Not down to club employees to help out.
  • Club more important than your job? You need to get out more.
  • T.C.E said:

I agree, don't worry if you can't pay your rent/mortgage, feed your children etc etc. Get your priorities right your "football club" comes first, sacrifice your job!! FFS

I hope people realise I'm not agreeing with those comments in the opening post?
  • kentred2 said:

So by your initial reactions you don't think they should !

It's very easy to have an opinion on what others should be doing, do you not agree? Would you quit your job on my say so?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    kentred2 said:

A very astute observation.

Cant you understand the reasons why though?
  • T.C.E said:

kentred2 said:

It's very easy to have an opinion on what others should be doing, do you not agree? Would you quit your job on my say so?
    Who asked anyone to quit their job?

• kentred2 said:

T.C.E said:

kentred2 said:

You're right, you're asking them to get fired for gross misconduct and destroying their chance of a good reference, ruining their future potential for employment too :-)
  • kentred2 said:

T.C.E said:

kentred2 said:

You did. Maybe you didn't realise it, but you did. Unless you actually think anyone who does what you suggest would be able to keep the job under the Belgians? In which case you're probably better off saying nothing at all.
  • Once when the police in the Irish Republic, like ours not allowed to strike, had a dispute.
    They all called in sick on the same day.
  • Huskaris said:

kentred2 said:

T.C.E said:

kentred2 said:

You're right, you're asking them to get fired for gross misconduct and destroying their chance of a good reference, ruining their future potential for employment too :-)
    You gave my answer. ;)
  • Customer employees?
  • Turn it in. It's their job FFS - they have outgoings just like the rest of us. Not down to club employees to help out.

Well.................it would be good if the 11 on the pitch mucked in a bit more!
    TBH I think some of them have been protesting with us for some time....

• Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    From Newyorkaddick's blog analysis of the financials statements y/e 30 Jun 15

"Total full-time club employees fell from 161 to 144, almost entirely explained by the non-football side (perhaps supports the commonly held view [evidenced by various well-publicised cock-ups] that the club is insufficiently resourced)."

That's an 11% cut in non- footballing staff in a period of relative optimism covering most of last season. I would imagine similar or greater cuts would likely be seen should we go down. There's only so much that can be scaled back on the playing side before we are reduced to merely competing in 6 asides at a local Goals.

Completely understand that people will not want to jeopardise their jobs, I wouldn't myself and can imagine the slightest bit of dissent or compliance with protesters would actively encourage them to make further "efficiency- savings" but I also very much doubt loyalty will be rewarded either in the big scheme of Operation Break Even.

Job security is relevant to how successful a company's operation is in terms of profitability and meeting it's strategic objectives, the latter appearing to solely be about breaking even which will be an almost insurmountable task should we drop another level and will likely require even further cost cutting to stay anywhere aligned with that key objective of the lunatic krank.

Because of the way Duchatelet and his incompetent CEO have elected to mismanage the club for 2 years the job prospects for staff are probably as secure as those working in branches of Ratners only difference being they don't have the nous or awareness to acknowledge how shit their product is to their customers.

• And perhaps many staff are already at risk ......... ?
    How many will be made redundant when we are relegated?

The only safe job is Katrien's.

• Oggy Red said:

And perhaps many staff are already at risk ......... ?
    How many will be made redundant when we are relegated?

The only safe job is Katrien's.

And the players we have 'no market for' of course.