Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FOR

Those of us who were captivated by the beauty, colour and thrill of the Valley the first time we saw it.
Those of us who would write imaginary results, complete with goalscorers and attendances, in the back of our exercise books during boring lessons.
Those of us who would gather around TV shop windows to see the football results, and wait an age for the Evening News classified, who would avidly pour over the Sunday papers for the reports, and look to see the players marks, who could scan a page of text in an instant and pick out the word Charlton every time.
Those of us who had home knitted scarves, and home made crudely painted rattles.
Those of us who remember epic days like Arsenal away in the cup, or the Palace replay, countless glorious games at home, yet hitch hiking to miserable defeats at Layer Road or Saltergate, those who went to Manchester United in the cup, but also Northwich Victoria, the play off final, Carlisle, Millwall away squeezed in the corner, Shadduppa your face at Ipswich, pre season at East Fife.
Those who deafened everybody during a 4-0 defeat at Fulham, or who have sung Goodbye Horse anywhere, who want Red Red Robin at their funeral.
Those who fought so well to get home to the Valley.
Those whose relatives ashes are scattered at the Valley. For those who love our club, the kind of love that can't be explained, but can be felt.
Those who have taken their children to the footie, and loved it.

MAKE TOMORROW MATTER

Comments

• if they have to carry me down Floyd road in a coffin..

the little Mottingham snottys will be out in force.
  • MAKE TODAY MATTER
  • I duct then, thought there was a golf ball come me way
  • Stirring stuff. Well said.
  • Well said Seth.

Let's get ready to do ourselves, and our club, proud today.
  • great post seth
  • Well said Seth, we protest for all fans past ,present and future and those wonderful team players from the past who were proud to wear our shirt.
    God bless us all . We shall fight them on the pitch ,we shall fight them on the terraces we will never give up.

COYR
  • Lovely thoughts, Mr Plum. And a thought of mine, for those who may be frustrated by this afternoon's events. That this game is on TV is not the be all and end all. We have plenty of opportunity ahead of us in which to oppose what is happening to our club. Think of today as a skirmish, albeit with some additional publicity. The battle will continue and we will be relentless in our defence of what we know to be true and decent.
  • Great stuff Seth.

Absolutely gutted I won't be there today, youngest grand daughters first birthday. I'd never get away with it!

I know everyone involved will be a hero.

Charlton 'til I Die.