Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dortmund -Spurs; this could have been nasty

Just found about a worrying crush involving Spurs fans. Report here. The two people from Spurs Trust quoted are now good friends as they are key players in the Olympic Stadium campaign and are far too intelligent to make casual exaggerations. They emailed us (the OS campaign) saying they were personally caught up in it.

Not of course that we as Charlton fans are likely to be caught up in a crush at a European ground any time soon, but you expect better of police in a country like Germany. Not the first time I've written that this year too..

Comments

• Options
    shows that standing/terracing is inherently unsafe .. siddahnnnnn f f s
  • Options
    Don't think this had anything to do with terracing. From what I could see on TV it looked like the whole ground was seated (hence the drop in crowd from the usual 81,000 to 63,000?).
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Don't think this had anything to do with terracing. From what I could see on TV it looked like the whole ground was seated (hence the drop in crowd from the usual 81,000 to 63,000?).

could be you're right .. I didn't see the game, I was presuming terracing as many German stadia still have standing areas .. I maintain though that terracing remains inherently dangerous
  • Options

shows that standing/terracing is inherently unsafe .. siddahnnnnn f f s

I take it this is a joke?

Good to hear no serious injuries. Hopefully they all make a full recovery soon and authorities across Europe learn from this. Especially those in France ahead of Euro2016
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited March 2016
    The clue is in the first sentence of Prague's link. The crush happened outside the ground