Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Trouble at Boro?

Just seen this on Sky Sports website. Coud Boro come to The Valley tomorrow without a manager? -:

Aitor Karanka's future at Middlesbrough is in doubt after he stormed out of a team meeting, according to Sky sources.
It is understood the Boro head coach told his players he no longer wanted to manage them before leaving the meeting.
Karanka is said to have called into question his players' desire to play in the Premier League next season, following a disappointing 1-0 defeat at Rotherham in midweek.

Comments

• I was surprised that Burnley have gone clear at the top of the table, but then Boro's form in 2016 hasn't been great
  • Boro have lost form lately ... ever since they signed Rhodes it seems .. perhaps the arrival of the 'superstar' has upset the rest of the players .. Karanka is ex real Madrid, perhaps he can't deal with 'failure'
  • Form has no relevance when teams play us though!

Agreed. We will get them back on the right track... 0-4 and on the tele!!!!!

Oh my days...
  • Just means we'll lose 1-0 rather than 3-0
  • Ten minutes inside The Valley and he'll be begging the board to ignore his tantrum, realising that things really could be so much worse elsewhere
  • Just seen this on Sky Sports website. Coud Boro come to The Valley tomorrow without a manager? -:

Aitor Karanka's future at Middlesbrough is in doubt after he stormed out of a team meeting, according to Sky sources.
    It is understood the Boro head coach told his players he no longer wanted to manage them before leaving the meeting.
    Karanka is said to have called into question his players' desire to play in the Premier League next season, following a disappointing 1-0 defeat at Rotherham in midweek.

That's why Riga's job is so much easier. He never has to ask our players about their desire. Well certainly not their desire to play in Premier League anyway.
    Or the Championship.
    And when most of them bugger off in the summer we'll know about their desire for Division Three too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Middlesbrough have confirmed that Karanka wont be in charge @ Charlton with Steve Agnew taking his place.

Although Karanka is still at the club
  • Middlesbrough have confirmed that Karanka wont be in charge @ Charlton with Steve Agnew taking his place.

Wow, tomorrow's game has just got interesting!

Steve Gibson is one of the best and most forgiving owners in English football ((:>)
  • If we had a good manager this would be the perfect motivation that there is no better time to play them as they are in disarray and to come out of the blocks fast. As it happens, I think we can maybe get a flat 0-0 draw with them with nothing happening.
  • Both sets of fans protesting?
  • In normal circumstances this might have given me a glimmer of hope for tomorrow ...
  • I really hope this whole Karanka debacle doesn't deflect the attention away from us tomorrow.
  • Form has no relevance when teams play us though!

Of course it does, we've been shite all season ;)
  • I really hope this whole Karanka debacle doesn't deflect the attention away from us tomorrow.

No, it'll be the six nations game and the FA cup that do that.
  • Sponsored links:

I suspect it will. Coach falling out with players if far more palatable and easily compoundable to average Sky watcher than "Charlton are being run poorly and set for relegation."

Also, I'm team Aitor on this, what the f*ck have Downing, Rhodes, et al ever won? I know he scored loads at Blackburn, but I suspect Rhodes excelled at being a big fish in a small pond (Watt makes a great replacement). It's not a coincidence he doesn't get games for Scotland, it's pretty obvious he's a poacher/goal hanger with an attitude which just isn't that useful in the modern game.
  • if anything this will work against us
  • if anything this will work against us

Agreed. First, Karanka has fallen out with a number of his players, who will want to make a point; and, secondly (and far more importantly), this story will deflect some media attention away from our protests.