Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Open letter to the board from a 10 year old

My 10 year old brother wrote this letter of complaint to Roland Duchatelet:

Dear Mr. Duchatelet,

I am appalled at the way you are running our club for a number of reasons. Firstly, and this is my most concerning point, you, Mr Duchatelet, are not investing in players the way you should be. Secondly you are appointing managers that you have sacked from worse clubs than Charlton, so you surely know that they are not at the standard we want. Thirdly, you and your chief executive, Mrs. Meire, are telling plain lies about running the club. The worst of them all is that only 2% of the club’s supporters are unhappy about the way you are running the club. Demonstrations have clearly, and most obviously, proved you wrong.

As I stated you are not putting the right effort into investing players of the standard we need, therefore we as a team are not that strong. We are investing in players from poorer class foreign leagues. The names of the players that we are investing in you probably don’t even know, because you pay no attention!

You are appointing managers that have been sacked from other clubs from lower leagues - some of whom you have sacked yourself.

My brother promised me that you would put us back into the Premier League but at the moment you are doing the complete opposite. I used to love going to games with him, but you are spoiling this for me. I have heard rumours about you trying to run our club into the ground and then sell it. Surely this would benefit you financially, but surely it would make you selfish and uncaring.

Lies, lies, lies! That is all that I am hearing from you and Ms Meire. The worst of them all is that two percent of supporters are unhappy with the way that the club is being run. That is a plain obvious lie . Where is your proof? Well if you would just bother to come and watch a game you would see all of the demonstrations and protests being held at the Valley this Sunday. Mrs. Meire has actually even had the guts to take photos of us demonstrating and laugh which I think is completely disrespectful.

From George Jarvis aged 10.

Comments

• A very articulate 10 year old I have to say.

(when I read the thread title I was expecting the letter to have come from Colin).
  • Bless him.

Wouldn't be surprised if Meire invites him for filmed head to head crisis talks as the fans' representative in a bid to get the protests wound down on the back of this.
  • edited March 2016

"My brother promised me that you would put us back into the Premier League"

David, that is such a cruel thing to say to young George !

• bobmunro said:

A very articulate 10 year old I have to say.

(when I read the thread title I was expecting the letter to have come from Colin).

Would never be Colin as there is punctuation for a start!
  • 1StevieG said:

bobmunro said:

A very articulate 10 year old I have to say.

Would never be Colin as there is punctuation for a start!
    Oh yes - I very quickly realised that it wasn't from our resident oracle.
  • Colin is a knob!

I used to enjoy saying Delort looked like one - but this works...